Next: West Brom (Home)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Next: West Brom (Home)

Postby clippo22 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Hart

Zaba
Kompany
MD
Kola

Ferna
Garcia

Jovetic
Nasri
Aguero

Dzeko

Maybe even play nasri in a 3 man midfield and play 3 up front with jovetic and aguero drifting out wide occasionally but leaving space for the full backs to overlap. Don't want to see Milner start after his horror show on Wednesday, wouldn't mind seeing Rodwell for a bit either if he can manage warming up without injuring himself!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Benjay » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:30 pm

I dont care who plays - any team we put out should be good enough. I just want a committed performance. If this is another "take them lightly" performance I will throw my toys out of the pram.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:21 pm

littlebig wrote:Is Silva out for this? Can't find any decent info except for him being doubtful

If it is a recurrence of that old ankle injury - and apparently he is and he played through it at Anfield - then he probably is, or should be rested.
Let the others earn their corn, and not always having the fallback of Silva and Yaya to bail them out.
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:26 pm

blues2win wrote:We haven't even got third spot or even a CL place nailed yet. We absolutely need three points and no excuses for not getting them.

It's no longer 'out of the question': the Gooners and Everton both aren't giving up on it.
Heads should roll if it's even a possibility by the time the final game of the season rolls around.
And if anybody is saving themselves for the World Cup at the expense of the team, then serious action need to be taken.

I always suspected that Claudio Reyna decided he was going to 'coast' for the last long stretch of the season to ensure that he'd be fit for the World Cup Finals, and that the stats. would back me up.
The Original Special One

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:36 pm

clippo22 wrote: Don't want to see Milner start after his horror show on Wednesday

I only saw the highlights of Wednesday, but I'd seen a previous game where he'd been given a start in central midfield and been decidedly unimpressed. Yes, he's been great in tandem with Silva-Nasri and he was the catalyst to kickstart our comeback at Anfield, but he's been not much better than Rodwell when given the opportunity to run the show.
Which is I'm sure the real reason why Pello doesn't give them more opportunities in there.

Milner's a good solid pro and I've never heard him - or sources purporting to speak on his behalf - claiming that he deserves a start in central midfield - but the only way to convince Pello is when you're thrust in at the deep end - and swim
The Original Special One

Postby clippo22 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Exactly, I'm a big Milner fan and he was awesome against Liverpool! He was shocking on Wednesday though and I couldn't believe he played the full 90. Think he's a great option for us to bring on but when he starts and has to take a prominent role in starting our attacks or unlocking opposition defences he struggles. Excellent professional though and never complains about game time, wouldn't begrudge him leaving if it's what he wanted, great squad player for us though.
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:50 pm

One thing I can predict is that we'll start off at a fair old clip, as in those swashbuckling early-season games. Even then, the first goal often didn't come until just before half-time. But you always knew it wouldn't be long before the dam would burst and we'd romp home.

Now, we really need to score two in the first half hour, and keep the pedal to the metal for the next 50 minutes at least or this 'fatigue' could set in.

I'm expecting Jovetic to be a big factor tonight; he's a talented lad and he's looking as frisky as a spring foal now: all rarin' to go
The Original Special One

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Lets hope all the lads got a good nights sleep last night.Don't want hear that excuse again.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Lets hope all the lads got a good nights sleep last night.Don't want hear that excuse again.

Yeah. Nice one!
lol
The Original Special One

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum