Liverpool fans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Liverpool fans

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Lee_R wrote:Has it yet been mentioned.. that IF Liverpool do win the league on the 11th May.. that is the date of the Bradford Fire.. 29 years to the day.

Of course they will dedicate the day to that.
Original Dub

Postby Chopper » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Has it yet been mentioned.. that IF Liverpool do win the league on the 11th May.. that is the date of the Bradford Fire.. 29 years to the day.

That was a horrific day. The vision of that man burning still haunts me.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Lee_R » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Chopper wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Unbelievable that.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby ruralblue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Lee_R wrote:
Unbelievable that.

Could see the smoke from where I lived up tops in Huddersfield and remember going home to seeing grandstand relay what was going on live. Sickening.
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:49 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote: So only family members of those who died are affected?

Yes.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Twobob » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Chopper wrote: That was a horrific day. The vision of that man burning still haunts me.

It was like something from a horror movie! People lied on the turf smouldering.

I brought it up with my scouse mate when he was crowing aver their 'atmosphere' outside the ground with flares going off everywhere - they're pissing fireworks at the end if the day and all this during thier marking of the Hillsborough disaster - brain dead some people.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Lest we forget about what the bindipping fans are really like abroad..................

Approximately one hour before the Juventus-Liverpool final was due to kick off, a large group of Liverpool fans breached a fence separating them from a "neutral area" which contained mostly Juventus fans. They ran back on the terraces and away from the threat into a concrete retaining wall. Fans already seated near the wall were crushed; eventually the wall collapsed. Many people climbed over to safety, but many others died or were badly injured.

I wonder how some of the families of the 39 that were killed by Liverpool supporters feel about the lenient sentences dished out to the guilty ??

My point is , I'm sick and tired of bindippers painting themselves as innocents all the time...they can fuck off as far as I'm concerned as they have ZERO class.

Well said. It is unfortunate this happened but if have to sit through the news one more time with some dipper saying they just want answers for the 19383820 time I will go to off com.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Michigan Blue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Credit to the Hillsborough families for ensuring the tragedy is part of the world footballing consciousness. Unfortunately, the tragedies at Heysel, Bradford, Ibrox, etc. are comparatively unheard of over here. Likewise the Torino air disaster as compared to the profile of the Munich crash. At least that's my anecdotal experience.

I suspect there are quite a number of narcissistic supporters who see their own club's catastrophe as an avatar for all footballing tragedy, and indeed all tragedy in general. Last week Robbie Mustoe (who is doing some fairly prominent punditry on NBC over here) compared Hillsborough to the Boston Marathon terrorist attack. No one questions inane shit like this because they don't want to be seen as insensitive to a legitimately tragic event.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby guv111 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:29 pm

There are apocryphal stories, and then there are purely unpleasant and crappy ones. What does it matter if someone can or can't name fans who have died? Does it make you a lesser fan because you haven't sat down like a ghoul and learned the names of everyone who has died in a disaster?

Truly bizarre.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby guv111 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:33 pm

Chopper wrote:

The most haunting, scariest and most psychologically awful thing I've ever seen related to football. I'm just "glad" it was on a video I saw it and not in real life. Poor, poor bloke.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum