Perspective.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Perspective.

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:57 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:perspective is the correct word. Im disenchanted with the game as a whole now though, many small reasons...I suppose the childlike obsession I had for the game since I was 6 years old is finally wearing off..and Ive realised that over analysing the whys and wherefores in anything doesnt do me any good at all.

brendan rodgers is still a cunt though.

Well put.
Original Dub

Postby Twobob » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:19 am

Bluez wrote: Pellers "mistake" if there was one, was taking all cups seriously. How many games have we played? How many have Liverpool played? Next season he on't have the bedding in period, Liverpool with have Champions league and hopefully we won't be as unlucky with injuries. As someone else mentioned, imagine if we had Aguero fit all season?

Didn't hear too many people using the gift of hindsight and demonstrating that we shouldn't be aiming for trophies when we made the trip to Wembley.

First season in the PL for Pellers and we've won a trophy which I believe was they key goal - win something and advance in the Corrupt League.

The void created by the top three changing managers this season has helped Liverpool along with the much discussed drivers and 'luck' they seem to have found.

Compared to last seasons whimpering out with no silverware this season has to be deemed successful, we simply need to pull our socks up and keep fighting to the end - We also seemed to forget that Sunderland are our new bogie team too.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Lee_R » Sat May 03, 2014 6:58 pm

littlebig wrote:True indeed, Sheikh Mansour's is a long term project. Bitterly disappointing to see this year's title fade into the distance as with last year's too but we will continue to grow and learn CTID

ffs.. this really did seem like reality didnt it!
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 03, 2014 7:01 pm

If we win the title, this will be the most successful season in the history of MCFC.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:18 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Bluez wrote:
Mark Garrett wrote:For those fans who think everything is alright are living in a deluded place.

This side is not a patch on the 2011-12 title winning side. That team fought, battled, came back on numerous occasions, contrary to some belief we played fantastic football during that season scoring 93 goals and having the best defensive record.

This side goes missing in games, thinks it is better than it is, coasts through games which ends up costing us - see last night, away to Villa, away to Cardiff, away to Fulham despite us winning. Too complacent. Our defending is woeful and we have got away with it alot of the time this season.

This season, we will lose the League to a team who finished 7th last season or a side without a top class centre forward.

Pellegrini may be a nice bloke but ultimately he is not good enough, nor are some of the players who just believe they have to turn up and win.

I didn't think we would the League this season the moment Mancini was sacked, even less so when Pellegrini was appointed. If we keep him as Manager we can forget winning the League next season too. I hope he proves me wrong but so far he has just proved me right that he isn't good enough Manager to win titles

Pellers "mistake" if there was one, was taking all cups seriously. How many games have we played? How many have Liverpool played? Next season he on't have the bedding in period, Liverpool with have Champions league and hopefully we won't be as unlucky with injuries. As someone else mentioned, imagine if we had Aguero fit all season?

He has used the squad badly IMHO .

Yes he has. It's the obvious negative of this season but perhaps to be expected with the pressure he's likely under? Perhaps it would have been different without the "five trophies in five seasons" comment, I don't know.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Look what's happened when he's tried to rotate - we get players like Rodwell contributing to poor performances. You would have been yelling at Pellegrini even louder if he had rotated and dropped even more points. If his squad players let him down what is he supposed to do? (other than wait until the end of the season and ship out all the guilty culprits).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Bleed_Blue » Mon May 05, 2014 4:32 am

Some sane old men, some who branded pellegrini as a failure, some who terribly knew all along this season this season was a goner as soon as pellegrini was appointed.

What really change in two weeks ? Pellegrini and the team are doing what they are doing all along, its just that Liverpool lost a crucial match. Many of us have changed, some perspective time perhaps !!

I guess people should try to give a perspective about what kind of a fan they are as much as they do it about the team.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum