Another kneejerk thread - this time kids

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Another kneejerk thread - this time kids

Postby Crossie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:42 am

I'd really like to see some home grown players coming through now, showing that extra bit of passion that some of our senior players seem to lack frequently.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:19 am

The current kids are not yet good enough to play in this situation. Several would have been good enough to come off the bench earlier & join in the party, when we were 5 or 6 up.

If we had nobody else to turn to, then it's possible a kid may come in & suddenly rise to the occasion, but make no mistake; that is the ONLY reason any of them have had a game at Liverpool. If they had other options, they would have taken them.

Those who saw Lopez v West Ham in the cup, saw the promise of the potential he has. Those who saw him v Watford in FA Cup, saw the reason he isn't playing now.

Next season, we should forget the 'quadruple' shite, concentrate on the Prem & Champs Lg & blood more kids in the domestic cups & you lot should stop fucking moaning when he drops a top player & we lose to Wigan, grow enough brains to realise that not doing it enough is costing us big time now.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:32 am

How do you know they're not good enough Ted? You don't, no one does until we see them in this situation. I'd have Lopes on the bench this weekend and if I saw this going through the motions shit I saw last night from some I'd hook them and throw Lopes in.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby dazby » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 am

Forget the kids. How about Micah, Rodders and Jojo getting some quality minutes.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:24 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How do you know they're not good enough Ted? You don't, no one does until we see them in this situation. I'd have Lopes on the bench this weekend and if I saw this going through the motions shit I saw last night from some I'd hook them and throw Lopes in.

Lopes by all accounts has just had an absolute stinker in the EDS Cup final 2nd leg. Why would he be rewarded with a first team game next ? What would he have brought to the table v West Brom apart from even worse defensive instability anyway ? We were winning for the whole game. We really need a kid dribbling at the halfway line, surrounded by WBA players ?

Fofana in a 3 man midfield would be the nearest to a realistic proposition imo. He is huge & can hit a ball even harder than Yaya Toure.

But we are (stupidly) only playing two in there anyway, so no place for him. Cole instead of Silva or Nasri or Aguero? Hiwula rather than Jovetic or Dzeko ? Ntcham for Fernandinho ? Why ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:40 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How do you know they're not good enough Ted? You don't, no one does until we see them in this situation. I'd have Lopes on the bench this weekend and if I saw this going through the motions shit I saw last night from some I'd hook them and throw Lopes in.

Lopes by all accounts has just had an absolute stinker in the EDS Cup final 2nd leg. Why would he be rewarded with a first team game next ? What would he have brought to the table v West Brom apart from even worse defensive instability anyway ? We were winning for the whole game. We really need a kid dribbling at the halfway line, surrounded by WBA players ?

Fofana in a 3 man midfield would be the nearest to a realistic proposition imo. He is huge & can hit a ball even harder than Yaya Toure.

But we are (stupidly) only playing two in there anyway, so no place for him. Cole instead of Silva or Nasri or Aguero? Hiwula rather than Jovetic or Dzeko ? Ntcham for Fernandinho ? Why ?

Why? It's simple really, give those that are fatigued a rest and put a bit of exuberance into the team. I'm not suggesting they start but really did hope to see more of them being slowly integrated this season.

For example, what did we gain by bringing Milner on last night? Nothing imo, give them minutes to a kid that's trying to prove himself, why not?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:51 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Why? It's simple really, give those that are fatigued a rest and put a bit of exuberance into the team. I'm not suggesting they start but really did hope to see more of them being slowly integrated this season.

For example, what did we gain by bringing Milner on last night? Nothing imo, give them minutes to a kid that's trying to prove himself, why not?

Because we are trying to win the title. It's a high pressure situation & most of the kids are nowhere near as good as Milner. (And he should have been playing as one of a 5 man midfield by then, anyway imo, not still 422

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:54 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Because we are trying to win the title. It's a high pressure situation & most of the kids are nowhere near as good as Milner. (And he should have been playing as one of a 5 man midfield by then, anyway imo, not still 422

But West Brom were offering no threat, they seemed content to just play out time. I'm not suggesting any of the kids are better than Milner but can't see why last night we couldn't have given one of them a chance to shine.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:56 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

But West Brom were offering no threat, they seemed content to just play out time. I'm not suggesting any of the kids are better than Milner but can't see why last night we couldn't have given one of them a chance to shine.

Watch it again. WBA could easily have scored five or six last night. If they had scored one more, we would have fallen apart like we did v Sunderland.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 am

And we could've scored 7 or 8. They offered nothing by way of a fight in the second half, absolutely nothing, by the time Silva picked up that injury they had well given up the ghost.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:05 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And we could've scored 7 or 8. They offered nothing by way of a fight in the second half, absolutely nothing, by the time Silva picked up that injury they had well given up the ghost.

I recall Joe Hart diving full length to pull off a save & wave of noise going round the ground. Surely after seeing 'typical City' return v Sunderland, you recognise the potential ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:07 am

We do have a medium term problem that Yaya and Silva will need replacing and more pertinently FFP is likely to remain so we are going to have to find a way to integrate some younger players, hopefully next season.
I really wouldn't do it now as we still have a chance in the league and we have made no progress this far in gradually integrating the kids.
Would much prefer Milner and Jovetic to be given chance to stretch their under-utilised legs.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And we could've scored 7 or 8. They offered nothing by way of a fight in the second half, absolutely nothing, by the time Silva picked up that injury they had well given up the ghost.

I recall Joe Hart diving full length to pull off a save & wave of noise going round the ground. Surely after seeing 'typical City' return v Sunderland, you recognise the potential ?

Joe Hart pulling off a save? Come on Ted you're just making things up now. Yep I can see the potential alright, I'm just disappointed that we don't seem to be making any efforts over the course of the season to give the kids a chance, it's been the biggest disappointment for me this season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Joe Hart pulling off a save? Come on Ted you're just making things up now. Yep I can see the potential alright, I'm just disappointed that we don't seem to be making any efforts over the course of the season to give the kids a chance, it's been the biggest disappointment for me this season.

Me too but I think it will change next season. I'm hoping in the cups especially. I would say though, that most of the kids who do get a sniff will be closer in two seasons rather than next. They are still closer to being kids than proper footballers for me, & are not Peter Barnes types who beat 5 & score or Micah types who are physically outstanding, thus can make a huge impact that way although Cole is good running with the ball, so may step up a level in the summer.

Fofana is enormous though & possibly has the hardest shot in the country.

I can imagine Brandon Barker from the U18s being a Peter Barnes type impact player in the near future & being fast tracked to the first team. He can beat players for fun.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby littlebig » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Not a chance for the remainder of this season, not while we're still in with a chance to take the title.

The reason is because MP is under pressure to, if not win the title, then, at least to finish strongly.

This issue of bringing yougsters through will probably need to be addressed by the directors laying out expectations for MP ie we want to see you blood some youngsters in at least x number of games.

You can understand MP wanting to play his strongest hand considering the pressure to get results and using youngsters is risky
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:33 pm

Pisses me off. Liverpool are the media darlings and every soundbite out of carraghers mouth is seen as some wise spoken gospel.

Carragher has said us winning 1 trophy this season is not good enough and will be seen as a poor season. He then goes on to rave about his beloved dippers.

I would love us to win the league and ram every comment down his spittling throat. Make him look a dick and then ask him how his team of the season has 4 liverpool players in it after they won Nothing again, but only 1 player from the double winners and record goalscorers.

PLEASE GOD PLEEAASE
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum