Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:21 am

Wooders wrote:Begovic, Vorm, Migniolet, De Gea, Fabianski are all better than him
When he comes back to Chelsea, Courtious will be better as well
Not fact but my opinion

Do you watch them keepers week in week out? I can only imagine what this place would be like had Hart conceded that goal against Negredo or let that effort from Bardsley slip through his fingers in the COC semi final.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:35 am

Herb wrote:
Just love your blue tints - the fact is that Joe may perhaps be the best English keeper but he simply isn't good for football at the level we aspire to play it.
I quite honestly love the guy for all his efforts but he cost us at least 10 points last season (3 against the rags for sure) which in total put us 13 points behind the scum and lost us a crack at the title. In this season alone his comedy capers cost us 10 clear points in the first 2 months and put us on the back foot thereon in.
He's a truly nice fella but his good stats, when he has 'em, are virtue of his sitting behind a great defence and a team that tends to dominate possession.
Loyalty is a wonderful attribute but there are no points awarded for sticking with a clown like Joe and the sooner we get a decent keeper the better for the club and the fan.

Do the decent thing Joe - if you care for this club then pack your kit bag and go and amaze them in the bottom half of the table where you'll look like a star amongst the average. You know it and we know it so if you're still here next season then you're milking our club for your OTT wages and that ain't 'decent' is it eh? So do the decent thing.

What blue tints ? I am not defending Joe at all.

If Sergio had scored that we'd be saying how brilliant he is. Case in point , Sergios cracking left footed screamer at Chelsea . I bet he can't do that so often.

A good goal must be seen for what it is. Samir's goal that levelled the game was very lucky because of the goalies mistake.

Saying joe should have a better angle at the near post is easy. It was , nevertheless a cracking strike . I would argue more of a great strike than poor goalkeeping.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:41 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:The fact that it was a good pass is irrelevant as is the fact it was well worked on the break. The touch wasn't that great to be honest and took him wide.
I just watched the goal again. The only place Wickham could score was on the near post, it was a decent hit yes, but it was the only place he could score and was a nice height for the keeper. No way should he have been beaten from that angle.

Er, the touch was great, it allowed him to slot the ball home. In his stride. Give the guy some credit, even if he couldn't do it again.

It's cheap to dig at a goalie on such goals. It was a great goal. Start a thread about their goalie giving us two cheap goals.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:44 am

I watch plenty and i can tell that Begovic ,Mignolet (had few) ,Handanovic , De Sanctis (he had one mistake but save Roma 10 times one on one),Neuer. This keepers i can say bring their team points and did not have errors like Hart did(in that number and just basic mistakes) maybe one or two blunders but for example Mignolet really save amazing stuff this season. I like the man (Hart), but when i count last two season i can make a video of hes blunders witch directly cost us . This goal from Sunderland he make same crap last season away .Great shot by Adam, but he must be better position on that goal and Wickham .Nobody here is saying hes complete shit , hes good just not great .He make great saves but he drop all that when he make trips like against Chelsea ,Liverpool ,Vila,Cardiff or not position self better on that Sunderland goal . Nevermind that hes not good enough on delivery and corners ,where Panti is much better.I like Hart but there is better keepers who would save us more points and that is not fact it's opinion of some people and me.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:47 am

Wooders wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote: i can't even pretend to know jack shit about him. What do you think he improves from Joe or Captain underPants? cheers

All the good qualities of joe and doesnt hoof the ball in the general direction of their best midfielder
I would imagine you'll get to see him
In brazil if something happens to nueur

Chortle.

If he's in net at the start of next season then you'd have to ask questions about the ambitions of the club.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:The fact that it was a good pass is irrelevant as is the fact it was well worked on the break. The touch wasn't that great to be honest and took him wide.
I just watched the goal again. The only place Wickham could score was on the near post, it was a decent hit yes, but it was the only place he could score and was a nice height for the keeper. No way should he have been beaten from that angle.

Er, the touch was great, it allowed him to slot the ball home. In his stride. Give the guy some credit, even if he couldn't do it again.

It's cheap to dig at a goalie on such goals. It was a great goal. Start a thread about their goalie giving us two cheap goals.

It wasn't. A better touch would have given him a better angle but rather it took him slightly wide.
The only place the lad could score was by the near post. You have to expect your keeper to save that. If it was in the top corner fair enough but it was at a good height for the keeper. He should have saved that and any top class keeper would have done.

As for who is better in the Premier League? Certainly De Gea in my opinion but that's not going to happen. Tim Krul might be worth a look at though.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:38 pm

2v2 against bottom of the league, conceding 2 against bottom of the league, now I am not a big fan of Hart, however the strike was class, it only compounded a shit week and far worse performances from the so called luvvies. Vinny carried by DM, to name one.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:It wasn't. A better touch would have given him a better angle but rather it took him slightly wide.
The only place the lad could score was by the near post. You have to expect your keeper to save that. If it was in the top corner fair enough but it was at a good height for the keeper. He should have saved that and any top class keeper would have done.

As for who is better in the Premier League? Certainly De Gea in my opinion but that's not going to happen. Tim Krul might be worth a look at though.

Well i don't think any 'top class' keeper would have stopped that great shot.

As for Krul or deGea. No way . Both are average goalies.Hart isn't perhaps the best goalie in the world , but those two are not an improvement by any means.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:01 pm

It was certainly a fine strike from Wickham, but it should have been stopped ; the gap should not have been there - it was enormous.
This is goalkeeping 1.01 , cover your NEAR F* POST. Franny Jeffers could have scored with a gap like that.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:58 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:It wasn't. A better touch would have given him a better angle but rather it took him slightly wide.

Well i don't think any 'top class' keeper would have stopped that great shot.

As for Krul or deGea. No way . Both are average goalies.Hart isn't perhaps the best goalie in the world , but those two are not an improvement by any means.

It wasn't a great shot. It was a decent shot at a good height for the keeper. A great shot would be like Aguero's against United last season which was stuck in the top corner from an even worse angle. De Gea has been excellent this season. Without him the Rags would be far worse off, he's been their only good player this season. When he first came her he wasn't great but he really has turned into an excellent shot stopper and all round keeper. Something Hart used to be but no longer is.
Any shot on target seems to have Hart beaten now adays.
His decision making is terrible, he's cost us several points this season.
I'm sure he's a lovely guy and well liked but he's been terrible this season. I'd give him one more season to try and regain his form. If not he can go.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Telling the truth is provoking.Explains a few things.

Why not debate the points you disagree with?

I think it's because you can't.

So you provoke.

The point has been made a 100 times this season this debate (ha ha) is fuckall of the sort it's just an excuse for nobs to vent.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

So you provoke.

The point has been made a 100 times this season this debate (ha ha) is fuckall of the sort it's just an excuse for nobs to vent.

You are one step up from a fucking monkey....a small step at that.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

So you provoke.

You are one step up from a fucking monkey....a small step at that.

spat your dummy out already thought you wanted to debate.
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Rag_hater wrote:

Provoking
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:54 pm

HART cannot be considered our number 1 next season, for reasons already stated.He will never ever accept being a number 2 over a season so he has to be sold.

On the point of debate , you never ever debate , you have been told time and again what a fucking nob you are...just accept it Raggers..you are what you are.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:04 pm

The same old arguments by the gang of nobs as usual.
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Rag_hater wrote:The same old arguments by the gang of nobs as usual.

Provoking
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:The same old arguments by the gang of nobs as usual.

Provoking

OD and CFTG =

Rag_hater

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:25 pm

PeterParker wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:Nah, I like Trapp, but he's not going to Brazil. Weidenfeller, ter Stegen, Adler & Zieler are all in front of him in the pecking order (even if the latter two shouldn't be) & you could argue that Baumann, Fahrmann, Leno & Ulreich are on a similar level. Sadly, his injury screwed him a bit in that regard. Top young keeper tho.

Also, Loris Karius is doing alright for Mainz. Only 20 years old and has taken the number one spot in a team playing for the Europa League. Maybe we should've kept him at least for the quota?

You seem to know better so i am going to ask you this. What about Kraft?

Imho, at Bayern, before Neuer, he was incredible, top keeper. Liked him a lot, smooth reflexes, some incredible saves, then i have no idea what happend to him.

Can he be a solution?

Kraft is a decent mid table keeper. Solid enough, but nothing special. Trapp, ter Stegen, Fahrmann & Baumann are all more talented in my opinion.

Solution for City? Not in a million years. Same goes for the likes of Ruddy, Krul or Fabianksi (haha). Hart may not be (borderline) good enough for us right now, but neither are those mediocre highlight reel keepers, who have just as many dodgy moments every week, if not more.

Hart is a very good goalkeeper, but his primary weaknesses (piss poor distribution, concentration lapses, lack of assurance on crosses and in his area in general) are a major issue for a club with our aspirations.

Sadly, rounded, assured top keepers are a rare breed and even if we got one who's a bit better than Hart, he'd have to form an understanding with an ever shuffling, distorted, high pushing, slow back-line first.

Also, zuricity is smoking crack as always. I'm not of the opinion that a keeper should cover his near in every possible situation, but Sunderland's second goal was one of those WHERE HE SHOULD HAD COVERED IT. Nowhere else to aim for Wickham. Just stand next to the near post and pick up the ball. THE END.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Now, I dare anyone to tell me with a straight face that his positioning is correct here.

Might as well have an arrow pointing to the near post on his forehead.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum