Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Ignoring all the points he cost us before pants came on. He's cost us 5 points in the last 2 games.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby bayblue » Sat May 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Thanks Joe. Great game today and some vital saves. Great to see.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Jon London » Sat May 03, 2014 9:11 pm

World class today. We need Hodgson at all our home games as Milner played brilliantly too.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Dub City » Sat May 03, 2014 9:24 pm

Credit where it's due good performance today. When first went in I initially thought he was too far off line but after seeing replay sometimes u just have to applaud the strike. Big saves today which won us points. Think all of us who have knocked joe this season can admit he played a huge part in 3 points today as he did last time we won the league.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat May 03, 2014 11:38 pm

We need an upgrade.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun May 04, 2014 1:09 am

One fantastic save and an overall good game. I think he's been fine lately, suprised at the hate
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 04, 2014 2:42 am

Can't fault him for either goal against us today, it took two brilliant goals to beat him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby The Original Special One » Sun May 04, 2014 4:06 am

Dub City wrote:Credit where it's due good performance today. When first went in I initially thought he was too far off line but after seeing replay sometimes u just have to applaud the strike. Big saves today which won us points. Think all of us who have knocked joe this season can admit he played a huge part in 3 points today as he did last time we won the league.

It was a brilliant strike, but I do think Joe could have set himself better to narrow down the options.
I don't like it when Sky accentuate the positives and not even question him for the first goal because it's sycophantic tosh like that that caused him to be over-confident last season and the early parts of this.

Having said that, he's looking more commanding on corners, and doing less of the counter-productive punching
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby dazby » Sun May 04, 2014 6:07 am

The Original Special One wrote:
It was a brilliant strike, but I do think Joe could have set himself better to narrow down the options.
I don't like it when Sky accentuate the positives and not even question him for the first goal because it's sycophantic tosh like that that caused him to be over-confident last season and the early parts of this.

Having said that, he's looking more commanding on corners, and doing less of the counter-productive punching

No keeper in the world is saving that. None.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:13 am

The Original Special One wrote:Having said that, he's looking more commanding on corners, and doing less of the counter-productive punching

I want to take your quote and add five billion emphasis to it. He looks five billion times more commanding on corners and crosses and free kicks than he did last season. He's clearly listened to the criticism he's received. He's starting position when we have the ball or when the opponent knocks the ball into our half to run on, is further up the field. He's no longer holding on to balls for a long time (unless required to) and generally starts play faster than before. His long balls are improving although it doesn't really matter a lot of times as there's little or no grit from the players to get to them unless Dzeko's having a good day.

He's learning.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Sister of fu » Sun May 04, 2014 8:17 am

dazby wrote:

No keeper in the world is saving that. None.

This^^
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 04, 2014 8:41 am

He might have pulled off another cracking save at a crucial part of a game and his command of his area might be improving but look at his face ;)

Nothing he could do with Barkley's strike but I can guarantee you if the game had finished 1-0 there'd be some on here blaming him for the loss.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Spurge » Sun May 04, 2014 8:47 am

Dub City wrote:Credit where it's due good performance today. When first went in I initially thought he was too far off line but after seeing replay sometimes u just have to applaud the strike. Big saves today which won us points. Think all of us who have knocked joe this season can admit he played a huge part in 3 points today as he did last time we won the league.

I know what you mean about sky, but I would be pretty certain that Joe is his biggest critic - he'll spend more time analysing his positioning for Barclay's goal than he will any of the saves he made.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Spurge » Mon May 05, 2014 7:58 am

Hart has saved 70% of shots fired at him this season - a higher shot/save ratio than any other keeper in the prem this season
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon May 05, 2014 9:01 am

Great game by Hart i had critics for him , i know he has WC reflex and he show that yet again, hes problem is rush from line sometime positioning and corners. I like him us a man and i would like to get in that ice cold form from two season ago. It's like hes traying to much sometimes and go into mistakes.But great game save us yesterday .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby s1ty m » Mon May 05, 2014 10:12 am

Hart had no chance for Barkley's goal. It was a brilliant goal. His catching rather than punching is among his best improvements, in my honest opinion.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon May 05, 2014 10:56 am

s1ty m wrote:Hart had no chance for Barkley's goal. It was a brilliant goal. His catching rather than punching is among his best improvements, in my honest opinion.

There is no way any goalkeeper would not save touch that ball.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum