Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:29 pm

it's not just the howlers and shit distribution. it's also the knock-on nervous effect he has on the whole back line. we look miles better organized and composed when panti starts. it's no coincidence that we played by far our best stuff of the season in that oct-dec period when hart was sat down to "regain his confidence"...

it's time to move on. he is no better than he was at birmingham FFS and in fact he's gotten worse!! let another club try to redeem him...we don't have the fucking time anymore.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Chopper » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:it's not just the howlers and shit distribution. it's also the knock-on nervous effect he has on the whole back line. we look miles better organized and composed when panti starts. it's no coincidence that we played by far our best stuff of the season in that oct-dec period when hart was sat down to "regain his confidence"...

it's time to move on. he is no better than he was at birmingham FFS and in fact he's gotten worse!! let another club try to redeem him...we don't have the fucking time anymore.

Dropped from the starting line up to regain confidence?

Isnt that like fucking for virginity?
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:42 pm

I like him.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BookJunior » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:49 pm

The Italian Job wrote:He's taking the piss abandoning the near post constantly. For the second goal, the ball was going away from Wickham after a dodgy first touch and the far post was covered by Kompany sliding in. No other possibility there.

https://vine.co/v/M1zh61OLm3x

Of course he wasn't the only at fault for yesterday's result, but that is just not good enough, never mind his dogshit distribution.

Get good or get rid.

He's been too accident prone this season and still missed many league games. I vote to get rid as well or make him compete properly for his place by bringing in a more reliable keeper.

A modern day Joe Corrigan or Peter Shilton fits the requirement perfectly.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby BookJunior » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:53 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:Jennings , Shilton, Banks , Corrigan , Schmeichel etc would not have got beaten at their near post like that . Bernard f* Manning could have walked through that gap with space to spare on either side.

Hart's best season was the one in which we won it ; since then he has regressed. Astonishingly(based on a couple of years ago) , I'm tempted to rate De Gea as the better keeper this season .

We need to look for alternatives

I couldn't agree more and glad you didn't mention Clemence.
BookJunior

Postby Chopper » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:09 pm

BookJunior wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:Jennings , Shilton, Banks , Corrigan , Schmeichel etc would not have got beaten at their near post like that . Bernard f* Manning could have walked through that gap with space to spare on either side.

Hart's best season was the one in which we won it ; since then he has regressed. Astonishingly(based on a couple of years ago) , I'm tempted to rate De Gea as the better keeper this season .

Fucking Eike Immel would have saved that
Chopper

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Chopper wrote:
BookJunior wrote:

Fucking Eike Immel would have saved that

Awwwww, you're talking Carlo Nash now.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chopper » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Is Dave Beasant available? Bags of experience, knows how mind his near post. English too.
Chopper

Postby Dub City » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:30 pm

What about bringing back Casper ?! Going for a free in the summer and a far better keeper in terms of using his feet than Hart and also home grown. Have been quite impressed with him in few games seen this season although wasn't over worked given Leicester dominance this season.

Doubt he would want to come as back up tho.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby ruralblue » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Do we really need a keeper at all? Fuck that position off and play an extra striker instead!
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:44 pm

ruralblue wrote:Do we really need a keeper at all? Fuck that position off and play an extra striker instead!

Yep, will keep the defense on their toes.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby BookJunior » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:47 pm

ruralblue wrote:Do we really need a keeper at all? Fuck that position off and play an extra striker instead!

That's a Keegan "you score five, we'll score six" paradigm.

I don't fancy going back to those days.
BookJunior

Postby bayblue » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 pm

I'm not too sure who is around that's better than him, and this is without factoring in the home grown issue.
I think there's a lot of over reaction going on; he's clearly not a shit keeper or whatever other insults have been thrown his way here.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:15 pm

I just don't understand how Wickham scored that second goal last night. He wasn't at a good angle and if he had managed to somehow fire a shot past Hart into the far corner of the net then fair play but he beat him on his inside post with a decent but by no means spectacular hit.
Very poor keeping.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Joe is what he is, a good keeper who mostly will play well and make saves when needed. However 5 or 6 times a season he will be beaten at his left near post and 38 games a season his distribution will be poor. This description or something similar fits about 95% of premier league keepers. He's certainly on a par with Mignolet or czech one of whom in all probability will collect a league winners medal this season.
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I just don' understand how Wickham scored that second goal last night. He wasn't at a good angle and if he had managed to somehow fire a shot past Hart into the far corner of the net then fair play but he beat him on his inside post with a decent but by no means spectacular hit.
Very poor keeping.

I do. It was a cracking goal.well worked on the break , perfectly prepared pass , one touch forward onto his best foot and superbly placed beyond the goalies reach.

Credit where it's due. We don't like it, but it was a great strike.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Herb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:18 pm

zuricity wrote: I do. It was a cracking goal.well worked on the break , perfectly prepared pass , one touch forward onto his best foot and superbly placed beyond the goalies reach. Credit where it's due. We don't like it, but it was a great strike.

Just love your blue tints - the fact is that Joe may perhaps be the best English keeper but he simply isn't good for football at the level we aspire to play it.
I quite honestly love the guy for all his efforts but he cost us at least 10 points last season (3 against the rags for sure) which in total put us 13 points behind the scum and lost us a crack at the title. In this season alone his comedy capers cost us 10 clear points in the first 2 months and put us on the back foot thereon in.
He's a truly nice fella but his good stats, when he has 'em, are virtue of his sitting behind a great defence and a team that tends to dominate possession.
Loyalty is a wonderful attribute but there are no points awarded for sticking with a clown like Joe and the sooner we get a decent keeper the better for the club and the fan.

Do the decent thing Joe - if you care for this club then pack your kit bag and go and amaze them in the bottom half of the table where you'll look like a star amongst the average. You know it and we know it so if you're still here next season then you're milking our club for your OTT wages and that ain't 'decent' is it eh? So do the decent thing.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:26 pm

For us to replace Hart (and i want that), we need something better all lined up. But what is something better?

From Chelsea, Filth, Liverpool and Arse, only Chelsea has the better keeper than us and that is Cech who is a great keeper, but sometimes he does horrible mistakes.

That been said, let's look at our options:

1) From EPL: no one. Simple, who can you get better than Joe beside the one mentioned above? No one.

2) Foreigner. We have the h.g. problem, but we can solve that with a reserve keeper. So, Casillas? Not in a million years. Handanovic? First season at a big club, decent, not excelent? Who else? From Germany? Trapp? Not much difference between him and Joey. France? Mandanda? Maybe, but a huge gamble. Sirigu? No way he goes.

Personally, i saw two names today that were linked to us, one i liked, the second scared me shitless. I will start with the second, it was Pepe Reina. Who in his right mind will sign that clown? Pepe Reina became big under Pellers at Villareal, so that is the link.

The second one, the option that i really like, but again, not sure how he can be in the EPL, Willy Caballero. Solid keeper, Pellers had him at Malaga, no mistake prone, overall, great keeper.

This Joe situation will be huge in the summer and we have to take it really smart and professional.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:29 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I just don' understand how Wickham scored that second goal last night. He wasn't at a good angle and if he had managed to somehow fire a shot past Hart into the far corner of the net then fair play but he beat him on his inside post with a decent but by no means spectacular hit.
Very poor keeping.

I do. It was a cracking goal.well worked on the break , perfectly prepared pass , one touch forward onto his best foot and superbly placed beyond the goalies reach.

Credit where it's due. We don't like it, but it was a great strike.

The fact that it was a good pass is irrelevant as is the fact it was well worked on the break. The touch wasn't that great to be honest and took him wide.
I just watched the goal again. The only place Wickham could score was on the near post, it was a decent hit yes, but it was the only place he could score and was a nice height for the keeper. No way should he have been beaten from that angle.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Chopper » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 pm

PeterParker wrote:For us to replace Hart (and i want that), we need something better all lined up. But what is something better?

From Chelsea, Filth, Liverpool and Arse, only Chelsea has the better keeper than us and that is Cech who is a great keeper, but sometimes he does horrible mistakes.

That been said, let's look at our options:

1) From EPL: no one. Simple, who can you get better than Joe beside the one mentioned above? No one.

2) Foreigner. We have the h.g. problem, but we can solve that with a reserve keeper. So, Casillas? Not in a million years. Handanovic? First season at a big club, decent, not excelent? Who else? From Germany? Trapp? Not much difference between him and Joey. France? Mandanda? Maybe, but a huge gamble. Sirigu? No way he goes.

Personally, i saw two names today that were linked to us, one i liked, the second scared me shitless. I will start with the second, it was Pepe Reina. Who in his right mind will sign that clown? Pepe Reina became big under Pellers at Villareal, so that is the link.

The second one, the option that i really like, but again, not sure how he can be in the EPL, Willy Caballero. Solid keeper, Pellers had him at Malaga, no mistake prone, overall, great keeper.

This Joe situation will be huge in the summer and we have to take it really smart and professional.

Bollox. Ruddy and Panti have both performed better this season. Its taken a long time for me to doubt Joe but he literally is Calamity James part 2.
Chopper

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum