Potential Transfer Ban

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Potential Transfer Ban

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:28 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
No it's not the same thing. The Glazer's only link to Chevy is being from the same country. Which is a lot different than Mansour's brother being the chairman of Eithad.

Oh i don't know . The rags are morally Bankrupt, extracting as much out of disasters . Owned by the Glazers who are almost Financially bankrupt , bleeding money out of the Swamp. Whilst General Motors actually did go bankrupt needing a goverment bailout to continue. Three great examples of how Capitalism and free enterprise operates.
They are all Bankrupt in some way or other.

They've milked every connection over the years from goverment funding stands for the World cup to the abbatoir and back.

Mind, i'll get slaughtered for writing this :-)
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:28 pm

zuricity wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
No it's not the same thing. The Glazer's only link to Chevy is being from the same country. Which is a lot different than Mansour's brother being the chairman of Eithad.

Oh i don't know . The rags are morally Bankrupt, extracting as much out of disasters . Owned by the Glazers who are almost Financially bankrupt , bleeding money out of the Swamp. Whilst General Motors actually did go bankrupt needing a goverment bailout to continue. Three great examples of how Capitalism and free enterprise operates.
They are all Bankrupt in some way or other.

They've milked every connection over the years from goverment funding stands for the World cup to the abbatoir and back.

Mind, i'll get slaughtered for writing this :-)

I agree on the rags being morally bankrupt. As far as the American car industry I want go into what I think there biggest problem has been. I've had heated debates with my dad who worked for Chrysler and was a union rep.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:47 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
I agree on the rags being morally bankrupt. As far as the American car industry I want go into what I think there biggest problem has been. I've had heated debates with my dad who worked for Chrysler and was a union rep.

Ronald Regan, stopped a change in the laws for gas guzzlers, introduced by Jimmy Carter to reduce the dependence on petrol and foreign oil imports. To impose a consumption tax.

This signalled to Detroit that they could continue producing 5,6 even higher liter engines sometimes with v8, v10 ,v12 blocks.

Gaz guzzlers after this change in 1986 i think, continued and no fines were made, because of Regan . This meant Detroit carried on producing inefficient sometimes very ugly and poor quality cars and trucks.
Meanwhile Honda particularly and Toyota and Nissan cleaned up with more modern and efficient cars. The consumption tax was repealed .
The japanese took over the us car market.

GM in their arrogance continued producing poor quality cars at high prices ( not just labor costs), and technically not bankrupt were bailed out by the government, similar to how Communism works.

If the US truly was a free market economy neither Chrysler or GM would exist today as we know them. Indeed look at what has happened to Detroit itself , never mind the car companies.

All of this doesn't belong on a footy forum though.btw i used some american english words here.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby gillie » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:04 pm

When will we find out what/if any punishment we will get for breaches of FFP?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:06 am

gillie wrote:When will we find out what/if any punishment we will get for breaches of FFP?

A week before next season starts most probably
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ruralblue » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:39 am

Sports Direct!
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:48 am

I hope our punishment isn't too much for having loads of money.

I may as well sound like a child if that's what the governing body sounds like...
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum