The Ref

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Ref

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Not heard much talk about him from yesterday, seems he must've had a good game.

What did you think?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: The Ref

Postby Chopper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Overall he was good. Missed a clear handball at the end.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Not heard much talk about him from yesterday, seems he must've had a good game. What did you think?

He was the most influential figure in the game in terms of the result. We have benefitted from refereeing decisions in games and I do believe these things even themselves out. I can forgive him the blatant handball at the end, maybe he could nt see it. I also thought Dzeko had a good penalty shout. What I can't forgive is Suarez. When you put all these things together you realise he decided the game. I know we started slow but we made up for that. It's ok to have a game of two halves. It's not ok to have a result taken away from you and you wonder if the game was decided before it began.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:53 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Not heard much talk about him from yesterday, seems he must've had a good game. What did you think?

He was the most influential figure in the game in terms of the result. We have benefitted from refereeing decisions in games and I do believe these things even themselves out. I can forgive him the blatant handball at the end, maybe he could nt see it. I also thought Dzeko had a good penalty shout. What I can't forgive is Suarez. When you put all these things together you realise he decided the game. I know we started slow but we made up for that. It's ok to have a game of two halves. It's not ok to have a result taken away from you and you wonder if the game was decided before it began.

A few thought this, me included.

From what I saw there were a few incidents:

Dzeko penalty claim.

Silva penalty claim.

Skrtyl multiple penalty claims.

Suarez 2nd yellow for diving.

Minimal added time even though there was a sub and a sending off.

Anymore?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:59 pm

Skrtel's hand ball took the ball right off Garcia's head stopping a certain goal. Can you imagine the number of replays if we'd held on for a win as a result of such a handball? The failure to send off Suarez was a complete bottle job; clear second yellow. Dzeko also should have had a penalty. The ref and his assistants cost us the game. That plus a fucking awful start cause by a poor team selection, Hart's idiotic rush off the line for the first, Clichy's pathetic non tackle for the first goal and missed header for the third, Vinny's poor positioning for the first and panicky shank for the third.

Alright it wasn't just the ref!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:04 pm

blues2win wrote:Skrtel's hand ball took the ball right off Garcia's head stopping a certain goal. Can you imagine the number of replays if we'd held on for a win as a result of such a handball? The failure to send off Suarez was a complete bottle job; clear second yellow. Dzeko also should have had a penalty. The ref and his assistants cost us the game. That plus a fucking awful start cause by a poor team selection, Hart's idiotic rush off the line for the first, Clichy's pathetic non tackle for the first goal and missed header for the third, Vinny's poor positioning for the first and panicky shank for the third. Alright it wasn't just the ref!

I don't mind losing though when it's our fault. I can't for the life of me accept his Suarez decision. I can't even find an excuse for him and I have tried. I'm left to wonder just exactly why did he not want to referee at that point.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby clevblue » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Clattenburg's a coward and a cnut. He allowed Liverpool everything they needed to win, short of actually scoring for them. Okay we were crap in the first half, but we came back and shoulda coulda won it but for the referee
clevblue
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:21 pm

talkshite about to debate the suarez 'sending off'
for once i think collybore and saggers are going to be singing from the same hymn sheet
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:32 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:talkshite about to debate the suarez 'sending off'
for once i think collybore and saggers are going to be singing from the same hymn sheet

Keep us posted, not get TS here.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:38 pm

He was poor, definitely bottled the Suarez decision but I think it's a bit of a stretch to blame him for the defeat, we have only ourselves to blame for gift wrapping it for them when we had it in our hands.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:57 pm

3 penalties and a suarez red card waved away, before adding on a whole 30 seconds for 2 substitutions and a red card.

Yeah, he had a cracking game and none of the above matters because we played poor for a half hour blah blah blah.

Answer me this : even taking the three penalties and minute less injury time out of the equation... how do you think the match would have gone if he had acted with integrity and sent suarez off for a blatant incident that happened right in front of him?

Should be pretty easy to answer...
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:3 penalties and a suarez red card waved away, before adding on a whole 30 seconds for 2 substitutions and a red card.

Yeah, he had a cracking game and none of the above matters because we played poor for a half hour blah blah blah.

Answer me this : even taking the three penalties and minute less injury time out of the equation... how do you think the match would have gone if he had acted with integrity and sent suarez off for a blatant incident that happened right in front of him?

Should be pretty easy to answer...

It's not only that game it affects, it's the extra game he would have missed as well. Add that Sturridge maybe out and the league takes a whole new complexion.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shortagain » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Don't forget deliberate handball in penalty area is automatic red card so they should have ended up with 8 on the pitch
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:10 pm

shortagain wrote:Don't forget deliberate handball in penalty area is automatic red card so they should have ended up with 8 on the pitch

And some say it doesn't matter. Some others say it evens itself out because of raheem sterling's false offside given at the etihad.

Sweet Jesus.
Original Dub

Postby Twobob » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Overall he didn't have a bad game but whimped out on two or three big decisions and as the game went on him and his team certainly was swayed by the atmosphere - seemed they daren't give owt against them!

The guys at work agreed to a man that they got away with it, tried to give the excuse that it evens out due to the 'offside' non-goal until reminded that we should have had three pen's that game...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 pm

He did have a bad game. For many reasons , not even the big decisions.

This fella , felt the need to walk over towards Flanagan i think , towards the end of the game to give him a card and then pull him back to 10 yards in the area , causing the clock to roll and allowing scouse defense to get organised for the ensuing free kick.

He is a prima donna ref. One metre away from Suarez as he arsed clichy off the ball, a clear obstruction and foul in the build up to their first goal.

Pulled Yaya up for an offensive foul , missed throw-ins.Let Coutinho welly Nasri twice in a few minutes first half......

I could go on.

He bottled it big time.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby bayblue » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:26 pm

Guess it's easy to blame the ref.
Not sure it's the right answer though.
Probably he should have sent Suarez off, probably he should have given a penalty against Vinnie.
Overall I thought he was ok and if anyone thinks we lost because of him then all I can say is you like the easy way out.

I've even heard some people over the last 36 hours say that if he had sent Suarez off "we would have won". Clairvoyants all.
We were two nil down at the time and actually I think the injustice of it acted as a spur to us to get back in the game.

We lost because Liverpool played really well in the first half; we played really well after that but we made a mistake and got punished for it.
We had enough chances to win but on the day didn't take them.
Credit to Liverpool for the way they played and good luck to them if they can make it 14 games on the bounce.

Of course, it's always easier to blame the ref.........
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:31 pm

bayblue wrote:Guess it's easy to blame the ref.
Not sure it's the right answer though.
Probably he should have sent Suarez off, probably he should have given a penalty against Vinnie.
Overall I thought he was ok and if anyone thinks we lost because of him then all I can say is you like the easy way out.

I've even heard some people over the last 36 hours say that if he had sent Suarez off "we would have won". Clairvoyants all.
We were two nil down at the time and actually I think the injustice of it acted as a spur to us to get back in the game.

We lost because Liverpool played really well in the first half; we played really well after that but we made a mistake and got punished for it.
We had enough chances to win but on the day didn't take them.
Credit to Liverpool for the way they played and good luck to them if they can make it 14 games on the bounce.

Of course, it's always easier to blame the ref.........

Nicely put. The blame lies with our starting eleven and the manager. End of
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 pm

He was biased as fuck, however, the only way the MIGHTY LIVERPOOL with their incredible and pure talent, was able to beat a cripple City team, with Yaya out and Vinnie beyond shite and injured, was only from a huge mistake.

Clattenburg was beyond shite, beyond. I trust only one ref in EPL that always has been good, either he made some decisions against us or for us and that is Mike Dean.

When you have a title decisive game, you give it to Dean, not Clattencunt. 3 pens for Scouse on Swamp, 3 penalties denied against scouse with Us.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:12 pm

It's easy to blame a ref...

When he fucks up at least three big decisions.

Of course it is.
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum