The Ref

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Ref

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:47 am

Liverpool have the likes of Scudamore praying Brand Premier League is still number 1 in certain parts of the world, he wants a replacement for the scum, that btw is not the reason the ref shit himself, that is a question that will never be asked, this week all pundits have tickled it, if we had won circumstances we saw Sunday, Rodgers not Gerrard would have been crying live to the world.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:19 am

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch tv replays, but it felt like we were playing against the odds at the time. Not only did he win them that game, but he went a long way to helping them win the title.
An injured Sturridge and suspended Henderson and Suarez? Even Norwich away would become tricky.
Still twists and turns to go though.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:31 am

Hazy2 wrote:Liverpool have the likes of Scudamore praying Brand Premier League is still number 1 in certain parts of the world, he wants a replacement for the scum, that btw is not the reason the ref shit himself, that is a question that will never be asked, this week all pundits have tickled it, if we had won circumstances we saw Sunday, Rodgers not Gerrard would have been crying live to the world.

That is true, but Rodgers would have been crying to the world if they lost & had 3 pens in their favour. He would be complaining that they should have had 4, plus a red card. He has already complained that Henderson's sending off was 'harsh'.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:22 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I see there is a lot of the ref 'Making mistakes/Bottled it' etc when I see it completely different. These ref's are validated every match and if this was the case then surely they'd be ref'ing some 4th division match for a while afterwards. This, by and large, is never the case and unless they've called something against certain teams/managers where they then get dropped from ref'ing them for 12 months, they're back on the TV 'officiating' again.

I am now strictly of the belief that referee's are no longer their to officiate the game but are their to manage them. They are the soul person who can affect the game outside of any actual football being played. We regularly see decisions that are perplexing to the average football fan but it is soon washed away with a couple of comments from the pundits we listen to. Then, unless there is an outcry from the vast media sections who align to certain clubs (ie. something goes against them) then it's brushed under the carpet and left for it 'evening itself out'.

This is a multi-billion pound industry with certain clubs having a lions share of the support who pays for it. This cannot be underestimated and whatever people feel about how the industry is run, that kind of money will always have an impact, on or off the pitch.

If it is so predictable why are not all you clued up people fleecing the bookies and bothering to watch.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:24 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I see there is a lot of the ref 'Making mistakes/Bottled it' etc when I see it completely different. These ref's are validated every match and if this was the case then surely they'd be ref'ing some 4th division match for a while afterwards. This, by and large, is never the case and unless they've called something against certain teams/managers where they then get dropped from ref'ing them for 12 months, they're back on the TV 'officiating' again.

I am now strictly of the belief that referee's are no longer their to officiate the game but are their to manage them. They are the soul person who can affect the game outside of any actual football being played. We regularly see decisions that are perplexing to the average football fan but it is soon washed away with a couple of comments from the pundits we listen to. Then, unless there is an outcry from the vast media sections who align to certain clubs (ie. something goes against them) then it's brushed under the carpet and left for it 'evening itself out'.

This is a multi-billion pound industry with certain clubs having a lions share of the support who pays for it. This cannot be underestimated and whatever people feel about how the industry is run, that kind of money will always have an impact, on or off the pitch.

If it is so predictable why are not all you clued up people fleecing the bookies and bothering to watch.

how do you know we are not?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Liverpool have the likes of Scudamore praying Brand Premier League is still number 1 in certain parts of the world, he wants a replacement for the scum, that btw is not the reason the ref shit himself, that is a question that will never be asked, this week all pundits have tickled it, if we had won circumstances we saw Sunday, Rodgers not Gerrard would have been crying live to the world.

That is true, but Rodgers would have been crying to the world if they lost & had 3 pens in their favour. He would be complaining that they should have had 4, plus a red card. He has already complained that Henderson's sending off was 'harsh'.

Ted he would have never wanted twatenburg again, as it is he is as happy as a pig in shit, I tell all blues this, allow the scouse cunts to get back to Souness era, and they will milk it like no other, Sunday for me is alarm bells ringing, mark my words they are cheating cunts who will make the scums last 20 yrs seem like normal.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:40 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

I don't think you would be here moaning about how we have been cheated if you knew it was going to happen,but I am a green,inexperienced novice who knows fuckall about how the real world works so it's a mystery.
Rag_hater

Postby Fesan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:03 am

Considering we got the win last time around because of bad reffing I am not too angry about the bad reffing this time around. 2-2 in both games would be fair. That means 2 points for each team. The only loser here is Chelsea who would have been on the same amount of points as both us and Liverpool.
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:56 am

Fesan wrote:Considering we got the win last time around because of bad reffing I am not too angry about the bad reffing this time around. 2-2 in both games would be fair. That means 2 points for each team. The only loser here is Chelsea who would have been on the same amount of points as both us and Liverpool.

Not sure about your maths!

Anyway no incompetent Ref can be blamed for the goals we ended up gifting scouse2.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

I don't think you would be here moaning about how we have been cheated if you knew it was going to happen,but I am a green,inexperienced novice who knows fuckall about how the real world works so it's a mystery.

you dont need to tell us, we know that
Wonderwall

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 am

Wonderwall wrote:

you dont need to tell us, we know that

My mistake but you probably already knew that.
Rag_hater

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Come on Raggers, who's moaning as I certainly ain't. Sounds like you're moaning about the non-moaners who are having a discussion.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Twobob » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:45 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Dis-information? You dont rob the bank then drive past it in a new Lambo, stuffing a bacon buttie in yer gob the day after ...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Come on Raggers, who's moaning as I certainly ain't. Sounds like you're moaning about the non-moaners who are having a discussion.

Your'e calling it a discussion now?
Sounded like a moan to me but what do I know?
It just struck me as odd that clattercunt did everything you streetwise cats predicted yet you have to have a discussion about it
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:53 am

Raggy, stop trying to provoke city fans.

Come on now, enough is enough ;)
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Original Dub wrote:Raggy, stop trying to provoke city fans.

Come on now, enough is enough ;)

eccedentesiast
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Nah, I'm smiling on the inside too...

I think it's you who has under currents raggy... why else would you come on a city fans site and try to wind up real city fans in every single thread you post in?

Come on, let it all out :)
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
It just struck me as odd that clattercunt did everything you streetwise cats predicted yet you have to have a discussion about it

Its how normal people communicate, they discuss things, whether it was something they thought would happen or whether it was completely out of the ordinary. You should try it some time.
Wonderwall

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Its how normal people communicate, they discuss things, whether it was something they thought would happen or whether it was completely out of the ordinary. You should try it some time.

Raggers loves it. He's actually turned out to have as many posts on this thread as those who want to discuss it.

Not to many bites mind.

In fact, is Raggers a Mods mole in disguise?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Normal that boat sailed off a long time ago.As for discuussing things with a group of paranoid pissartists ,I am never going to fit in but I suppose as long as I can keep coming here and get educated all is not lost.
Rag_hater

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum