The Ref

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Ref

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Burt wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:It seems to upset the brainiacs on here a lot when I quote somebody wrong (so I am trying to keep it to a minimum), and the stuff about the song seems to be the thing I think is wrong with attitude of the crowd. Most refs are probably shit but I think the game would be far worse without them.

Ref's are supposed to be "Professionals" and are paid quite well to do their job correctly. When they don't................it fuckin pisses people off big time.

It isn't too much to ask for them to do it constistantly is it?

Of course it isn't.

We have highlighted Pellegrini's mistakes in the match. We've highlighted Kompany's mistakes in the match. There was other bad decision making on the team, particularly in the first half... so al the mistakes have been accounted for.

It just happens that the most influential guy on the pitch made the biggest mistake of the match.

And that shouldn't be highlighted?!

Sometimes I despair.
Original Dub

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:41 pm

What more can you say?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Burt wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:It seems to upset the brainiacs on here a lot when I quote somebody wrong (so I am trying to keep it to a minimum), and the stuff about the song seems to be the thing I think is wrong with attitude of the crowd. Most refs are probably shit but I think the game would be far worse without them.

Ref's are supposed to be "Professionals" and are paid quite well to do their job correctly. When they don't................it fuckin pisses people off big time.

It isn't too much to ask for them to do it constistantly is it?

Like OD said,Pro's fuck up a few times a game yet their mistakes are not picked out nearly half as much as the man in black.I think that is wrong
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ironpot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:57 pm

QUESTIONABLE CLATTENBURG
Mark Clattenburg's appointment for this game was spun as a snub for Howard Webb in some quarters, when Webb has been an erratic official since the infamous 2010 World Cup final. Webb is also risibly reviled by Liverpool supporters for his perceived bias towards Manchester United, although Clattenburg, too, has a history with Liverpool that stems from taking advice from Steven Gerrard to send Tony Hibbert off in a 2007 Merseyside derby.

His performance at Anfield was execrable. Edin Džeko and Daniel Sturridge were both denied obvious penalties while Luis Suárez should have received a second yellow card for cheating. Pablo Zabaleta's trip on Sturridge came after the Suárez incident in what was the clichéd evening-it-up decision by a referee who also missed Martin Skrtel's handball inside his own area in stoppage-time.

Says all you need to know - courtesy of the Huffington Post!
Ironpot
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Ironpot wrote:QUESTIONABLE CLATTENBURG
Mark Clattenburg's appointment for this game was spun as a snub for Howard Webb in some quarters, when Webb has been an erratic official since the infamous 2010 World Cup final. Webb is also risibly reviled by Liverpool supporters for his perceived bias towards Manchester United, although Clattenburg, too, has a history with Liverpool that stems from taking advice from Steven Gerrard to send Tony Hibbert off in a 2007 Merseyside derby.

His performance at Anfield was execrable. Edin Džeko and Daniel Sturridge were both denied obvious penalties while Luis Suárez should have received a second yellow card for cheating. Pablo Zabaleta's trip on Sturridge came after the Suárez incident in what was the clichéd evening-it-up decision by a referee who also missed Martin Skrtel's handball inside his own area in stoppage-time.

Says all you need to know - courtesy of the Huffington Post!

Sturridge one wasn't a penalty, thought it was in real time but when I saw the replay it was a fantastic tackle from the Zabman.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Don't think it is right to pick out mistakes using replays when the actual incident has to be decided upon in real time.
Rag_hater

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:16 pm

Rag_hater wrote:Don't think it is right to pick out mistakes using replays when the actual incident has to be decided upon in real time.

Ah but we regular Joes aren't standing on the pitch within yards of the incidents, we don't have the same vantage points as a ref has and we haven't been trained to spot these incidents in real time.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:Don't think it is right to pick out mistakes using replays when the actual incident has to be decided upon in real time.

Ah but we regular Joes aren't standing on the pitch within yards of the incidents, we don't have the same vantage points as a ref has and we haven't been trained to spot these incidents in real time.

Most of what is complained about is done by pundits using replays ,for me football should accept what cricket has done and use tech.
It's about time football got hawkeye and whatever else is available.
Rag_hater

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:28 pm

I get refs make mistakes, I just think theref let us down as was allowed to by weak players who no what is going on. Suarez was taking the piss.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Indeed. Suarez jumping at Clichy and sticking his arse into his side knocking him to the floor, is a foul . At that time it wasn't certain that Sterling would go ahead and score. Clearly Clattenberg can be seen waving it on from less than two metres away . What was he thinking ?

The other week Yaya pulled a soton player back and was rightly booked for his stupidity.

It isn't just about dirty tackles. It's like when the players raise their arms shield the ball trying to let it run out of play. That is obstruction.

Who knows what Suarez was shouting at the ref when he verbally abused him umpteen times.
Last edited by zuricity on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:41 pm

zuricity wrote:

Indeed. Suarez jumping at Clichy and sticking his arse into his side knocking him to the floor, is a foul . At that time it wasn't certain that Sterling would go ahead and score. Clearly Clattenberg can be seen waving it on from less than two metres away . What was he thinking ?

The other week Yaya pulled a soton player back and was rightly booked for his stupidity.

It isn't just about dirty tackles. It's like when the players raise their arms shield the ball trying to let it run out of play. That is obstruction.

what about the one where Silva was at the edge of the box and jumps for a header and Suarez crouches down and backs into silva which forced silva to roll over the top of suarez as he was already in the air. To me it was definite City free kick outside their box, I was gobsmacked he gave a freekick to Loverpool, that to me was a telling sign that he was swayed towards them.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:50 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
what about the one where Silva was at the edge of the box and jumps for a header and Suarez crouches down and backs into silva which forced silva to roll over the top of suarez as he was already in the air. To me it was definite City free kick outside their box, I was gobsmacked he gave a freekick to Loverpool, that to me was a telling sign that he was swayed towards them.

There were many examples of very poor ref decision making on sunday.

Both for and against City.

How much verbal abuse did Clat accept from Suarez ?

The handball at the end was however pretty bad.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ironpot » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:55 pm

zuricity wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Indeed ... Clattenburg was "EXECRABLE"!
Ironpot
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Wooders » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Don't mind the penalty shouts being missed, these things happen and it went both ways - but not sending Suarez off has probably won them the league - it was a dive which he blew for and gave a free kick, so where was the yellow???
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:24 pm

zuricity wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

The handball at the end. I didn't like all our players, know about until a few minutes after.You bringing up Saurez arse into Gael is the first time I have heard it being mentioned as a foul,if it was,well done for spotting it,although it seems you might be the only one however having watched the REPLAY on the OS I don't think it's a foul.
Rag_hater

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Rag_hater wrote:The handball at the end. I didn't like all our players, know about until a few minutes after.You bringing up Saurez arse into Gael is the first time I have heard it being mentioned as a foul,if it was,well done for spotting it,although it seems you might be the only one however having watched the REPLAY on the OS I don't think it's a foul.

I like you Raggers, always playing the card. The Silva one mentioned was clear as day and made the point of how the match was going to be played. It was quite extraordinary how Clattenburg came to a decision that it Silva who was the instigator of the foul. Silva did a standing jump straight into the air and ended up in a heap on the floor. Suarez, who had moved into Silva's space, took his legs and body whilst in the air so how can it be a freekick to Liverpool. Either the game goes on without a foul being called or it is a City freekick.

I don't think anybody could argue otherwise.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:40 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
The handball at the end. I didn't like all our players, know about until a few minutes after.You bringing up Saurez arse into Gael is the first time I have heard it being mentioned as a foul,if it was,well done for spotting it,although it seems you might be the only one however having watched the REPLAY on the OS I don't think it's a foul.

Just because it is the first time you have heard of it, doesn't mean that it wasn't a foul.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:42 pm

zuricity wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Just because it is the first time you have heard of it, doesn't mean that it wasn't a foul.

Raggers wouldn't have noticed as he probably didn't see the game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Raggers wouldn't have noticed as he probably didn't see the game.

Actually the stream I watched had ratboy & tyler commentating on the game(the fucker on here some seem to think is the best (ha ha)),and they never mentioned it.
Rag_hater

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:27 pm

patrickblue wrote: That isn't the point at all. There are no ifs and buts. The officials didn't do their job correctly. The point actually is that you are being holier than thou and accusing everyone who disagrees with you of refusing to accept faults in City's game and "taking the easy way out" as you so sanctimoniously put it. No-one is suggesting that City played a perfect game or the only reason we lost is because of poor refereeing decisions (or at least I'm not, and I've not seen anyone else doing so). This thread is about the referee, which is why it's entitled "The Ref", and anyone who can say that was even an adequate performance by the officials needs to go to specsavers.

You'd better book your own opticians appointment if you don't think people have suggested the reason we lost was because of poor refereeing decisions. On this very thread there is a corker that says if only the ref had acted "with integrity" the result would have been different. As for the ref then I think he did ok.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum