nastasic...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: nastasic...

Postby twosips » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:36 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Nastasic had all the raw materials needed from top defender. All he needed was coaching up. Our coaches have failed with that.

Did he though? Strong, powerful, fast?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:52 am

All of those missing, and not great in the air either
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby aaron bond » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:59 am

Also, useless in one-on-one situations and no positional awareness.

But yes...apart from that, and the above points mentioned, he definitely had all the attributes of a top centre back.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:03 am

twosips wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Nastasic had all the raw materials needed from top defender. All he needed was coaching up. Our coaches have failed with that.

i personally think he just isn't 'nasti' enough to be be top class centre-half
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
twosips wrote:

He needs to be proper nasti to make up the difference.

I'd say the opposite of a coaching problem. It's because he lacks most of the attributes of a cb that he needs to find another way of handling the job. Most cbs rely on their physical abilities & aggression to get them out of sticky situations. He has none. He needs to become a proper cunt if he is to survive.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Nastasic and Kolarov start for Serbia.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:15 am

So Nastasic has a calf injury according to Pellegrini (quoted as saying in his last interview) which is why he has not appeared in the squad ahead of Boyata. However, Nastasic is playing international football without any problem and I fully expect him to be in the starting line up for Serbia tonight.

Strange goings on, if he isn't injured then why say he is. If he is fit, then say he has to work hard to get ahead of Boyata? Why the cloak and dagger games, its not like they are going to drive the price up before January if they are intending to sell him?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:28 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
twosips wrote:

I'd say the opposite of a coaching problem. It's because he lacks most of the attributes of a cb that he needs to find another way of handling the job. Most cbs rely on their physical abilities & aggression to get them out of sticky situations. He has none. He needs to become a proper cunt if he is to survive.

I accept he has stalled big time, to be a top defender being intimidating is not all that is required, Vinny is powerful and dominates areas and forwards, he has a natural power. Natasic is a quality player, for me he is just way to passive, with Vinny that will not work, That said he was very good in the 4-1 against the scum, he showed great pace right in front of the East 1v1 with Tranny, he has it, it just needs sorting, At the end of the day he is gone anyway, frozen out in August.
p.s like with Yaya getting a partner for him is no easy task as teh bar is that high. Maybe looking at his Belgian partners would have been the way. We need a partnership nothing more.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Jon London » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:37 am

He's another Danny Mills or Wayne Bridge. He's happy to take £75K a week and seemingly not bother to try to get his place back. Italian clubs wanted to sign but he had to take a pay cut so I guess he wants to milk the club until 2017 when his contract runs out. I too would rather have Boyata on the bench with a good attitude and eager to play than someone who just wants take the money. The other problem is his current wages means no club will want to take him on loan when they can sign a seasoned professional with lower wages. He could have been the new Vidic but does not seem to have that ambition. A real shame and a waste of a talented kid.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:33 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
twosips wrote:

I accept he has stalled big time, to be a top defender being intimidating is not all that is required, Vinny is powerful and dominates areas and forwards, he has a natural power. Natasic is a quality player, for me he is just way to passive, with Vinny that will not work, That said he was very good in the 4-1 against the scum, he showed great pace right in front of the East 1v1 with Tranny, he has it, it just needs sorting, At the end of the day he is gone anyway, frozen out in August.
p.s like with Yaya getting a partner for him is no easy task as teh bar is that high. Maybe looking at his Belgian partners would have been the way. We need a partnership nothing more.

He's never had any pace. That was obvious from the start. Looking at one incident & assuming it was an example of pace (I saw it completely differently at the time) is not the way to do it; you look at the other 20 where he can't catch medium paced players running with the ball when he's running without it.

He's crap in the air, lacks pace, doesn't put his body on the line or cover for his team mates, & isn't great on the ball either; that was just a fallacy because he looks more elegant than Lescott when making exactly the same pass.

The bloke has barely had a decent game for City since we signed him. It was just people seeing what they wanted to see rather than looking at what he actually does. He would never make so many mistakes as Mangala, because he'd never actually try to cover, or win anything. You can't get it wrong if you don't actually do anything. Homer Simpson's motto.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:55 am

Like I said he is gone the rest is piss and wind !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Mancini might take him to Inter for 50p.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:51 pm

blues2win wrote:Mancini might take him to Inter for 50p.

He should, seeing as it was his mate who recommended him & Mancini who signed him on that recommendation, then stuck him in our team & basically fucked up the back 4 with him. But I bet he fucking doesn't.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:So Nastasic has a calf injury according to Pellegrini (quoted as saying in his last interview) which is why he has not appeared in the squad ahead of Boyata. However, Nastasic is playing international football without any problem and I fully expect him to be in the starting line up for Serbia tonight.

Strange goings on, if he isn't injured then why say he is. If he is fit, then say he has to work hard to get ahead of Boyata? Why the cloak and dagger games, its not like they are going to drive the price up before January if they are intending to sell him?

Didn't Nastastic have an absolute shitter in the defeat by Wigan in the FA cup earlier this year ? Think he was dragged off at half time and has never been seen since ? Obviously frozen out and refused a move last summer so any bollox of an excuse from the club about his availability coming out maybe ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:20 pm

City64 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:So Nastasic has a calf injury according to Pellegrini (quoted as saying in his last interview) which is why he has not appeared in the squad ahead of Boyata. However, Nastasic is playing international football without any problem and I fully expect him to be in the starting line up for Serbia tonight.

Didn't Nastastic have an absolute shitter in the defeat by Wigan in the FA cup earlier this year ? Think he was dragged off at half time and has never been seen since ? Obviously frozen out and refused a move last summer so any bollox of an excuse from the club about his availability coming out maybe ?

Jason Denayer,will he be a 1st teamer ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Has he played since the community shield game ?

He started most games pre season. I think the Count was evaluating him & decided that he's not even upto Boyata's level.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby AntMcfc » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Off to Inter in January. Good luck to him, he deserves better than this.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:10 pm

AntMcfc wrote:Off to Inter in January. Good luck to him, he deserves better than this.

is this confirmed?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Winston Reid is a very good defender. I am told by by hammer in laws.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:Mancini might take him to Inter for 50p.

He should, seeing as it was his mate who recommended him & Mancini who signed him on that recommendation, then stuck him in our team & basically fucked up the back 4 with him. But I bet he fucking doesn't.

He will buy Savic from Fiorentina instead.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum