Evaluate a third place finish.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Evaluate a third place finish.

Postby Moses » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Hypothetically if we finish third. We will have spent a fortune and gone from second to third. I like the Peregrine falcon, love the style of footie. But this will not progress. (1) would you stick/twist? (2) will the board stick/twist?
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: City

Re: Evaluate a third place finish.

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:15 pm

Nothing needs changing.

Man, after a loss everyone wants to sack everyone
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:16 pm

sack him, not good enough. defesively all over the shop god only knows why we sacked mancini.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby chef » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Unnecessary and stupid to open several posts like this , could you not express (merge) your thoughts in the other thread.
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:59 pm

2 places from where we would like to be but with a pot on the sideboard. I for one wouldn't be crying at the end of the season if thats how the chips fall
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sweenyuk » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:59 am

If we miss out on the title it don't really matter where we finish in the top 4 the result will be the same, one trophy and Champs League qualification a massive improvement on a few years ago but the board will have to decide if it is the direction we want to go in. MP has never convinced me, the football has been exciting but not consistant
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:01 am

If we don't win the Prem I genuinely don't give a toss if we finish 2nd or 3rd.

Anyway, did they play the last 4 weeks of the season overnight or something? How did we go on at Goodison?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:50 am

Goaters 103 wrote:If we don't win the Prem I genuinely don't give a toss if we finish 2nd or 3rd.

Anyway, did they play the last 4 weeks of the season overnight or something? How did we go on at Goodison?

I'd rather finish 3rd behind Chelsea then Liverpool, rather than 2nd behind Liverpool.

But other than that it matters not; we either win it or we don't.

This season has been much tougher & tighter than any in recent memory with al the top sides taking points off each other. That's how it should be, rather than the procession of easy victories the rags are accustomed to picking up. Imo, we are the best team & should be winning it, but if Liverpool win 14 on the bounce, it's pretty understandable if we don't.

It just shows to me what a gutless bunch of cunts they have all been, to let Ferguson have so many easy titles in recent times. If they hadn't been so fucking scared of him & basically given up before each season started, they may have won a few before we came along, & not have to hate us so much. I bet if he was around now, Liverpool would lose 3 of the last 4. Wankers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:04 pm

I fancy us to win four and draw one of our last five games. That would give us 85 points for the season. More often than not, that would win you the league (I think), so it's a perfectly acceptable haul. We've bagged another pot, done a bit better in the Champions League and have a more balanced squad than 12 months ago. 3rd would be a bit disappointing, but nothing more.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Breks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:I fancy us to win four and draw one of our last five games. That would give us 85 points for the season. More often than not, that would win you the league (I think), so it's a perfectly acceptable haul. We've bagged another pot, done a bit better in the Champions League and have a more balanced squad than 12 months ago. 3rd would be a bit disappointing, but nothing more.

We got 6 left so who will beat us?
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:I fancy us to win four and draw one of our last five games. That would give us 85 points for the season. More often than not, that would win you the league (I think), so it's a perfectly acceptable haul. We've bagged another pot, done a bit better in the Champions League and have a more balanced squad than 12 months ago. 3rd would be a bit disappointing, but nothing more.

Pretty much my thoughts.

As I said in another thread, purely because we are a rich club, absolutely no lee way is given to Pellegrini with regards to "settling in" or "give him time to get used to the prem" etc.

Which is absolute bollox, because whether you are a manager who's expectations are merely trying to break the top four (rodgers) or a manager who is returning to a league he has already won with the expectations of competing at a high level in the champs league and finish top four... you are given at least two seasons and the media acknowledge this.

However, all the media are already on the attack that this season will be a failure for Pellegrini because we might "only" win one trophy and narrowly miss out on another.

Jose Mourinho may very well finish this season with nothing. If Liverpool win the league and that happens, then who will be the failure? Man fucking City that's who.

It's total horse shit.

No matter what happens from here, third finish or not... we have the right guy in charge. And going into next season, he doesn't have to buy four first team player, completely change the system the current players are used to playing and try to claw back an 11 point title loss.

Because he has already done all of that work. Now all he has to do is buy a couple of defenders and perfect his side.

The talk of getting rid of him is fucking pathetic. And anyone that wants rid of him is a complete moron.
Last edited by Original Dub on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Original Dub

Postby Breks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:17 pm

And 4 wins a draw would give us 83 points.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Breks wrote:And 4 wins a draw would give us 83 points.

Whatever. Five wins and a draw/86 points. I don't think we'll win at Everton.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:37 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Nothing needs changing.

Man, after a loss everyone wants to sack everyone

It is quite pathetic. The 3 or 4 threads made every time we lose one which isn't that often.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Whatever. Five wins and a draw/86 points. I don't think we'll win at Everton.

Everton will miss Gareth against us and will probably have fourth place sorted by our game. Well i hope so.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Breks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:47 pm

We will beat Everton. They will miss the protection Gaz Baz offers them in midfield and we will exploit that.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Benjay » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:2 places from where we would like to be but with a pot on the sideboard. I for one wouldn't be crying at the end of the season if thats how the chips fall

Agreed. And we will enter next season with renewed optimism hopefully bouyed by a couple of good signings. Hell it could be worse. We could be Sunderland, Arsenal or United whose fans will all be feeling done for. Its not like we are skint and the opportunity to win the league has bypassed us forever...
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:03 pm

we will win at everton, we were unlucky yesterday with half a team on the pitch.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:16 pm

I still think Liverpool will screw this up. This is the first time that they have it in sight and nerves will get to them.

Look at them yesterday, 1st half they were in our faces, tightly man marking, closing down so quickly, getting forward and getting back. second half, we did not suddenly get better, Liverpool seriously dropped off, they were shattered, Silva started picking up space, Coutinho and Sterling could not track back. This was evident in their game against west ham and sunderland as well, they start all guns blazing and build up a lead and then drop off. Still think they will come unstuck in one game yet, similar to when they played Hull earlier in the season, couldn't put away their chances but hull did.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:03 pm

Pretty much sums it up.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum