milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

milner

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:48 pm

should have started end of, most underated player we have, massive mistake.
Last edited by feedthegreek on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: milner

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Should always start in the big away games for me.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Navas or Milner in a tough game, especially away? Hmmm, lets think.

One player tracks back, helps out his full back, always goes looking for the ball, gets stuck in, puts his body on the line, tackles and disrupts opposition attacks and runs all day long.

The other one.........
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Twobob » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:Navas or Milner in a tough game, especially away? Hmmm, lets think. One player tracks back, helps out his full back, always goes looking for the ball, gets stuck in, puts his body on the line, tackles and disrupts opposition attacks and runs all day long. The other one.........

Give us a clue mate!

;-)

Certainly a 'home' player Navas
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby bobby brows » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Created our only two chances of the first half

Silva, Navas and Negredo will be telling the Madeid/Barca lot stories of the lame duck they had to play with this season!

Milner was great but should have played instead of the French lesbian
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:22 pm

Completely changed the game when he came on and ALWAYS plays well when he does play. Why the fuck Navas started ahead of him I will never know.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:25 pm

Brilliant today and deserves to start next Wed for me
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Shouldve played about 50 more games for us over the past 3 years.

Criminally under used by Mancimi & Pellegrini alike.

If I was him Id be off after the WC as he's utterly wasted in our squad.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby aaron bond » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:57 pm

He's such a good player, yet always finds himself on the bench. It wouldn't surprise me if he leaves this summer after how he's been treated this season and that would be a huge shame as he's an excellent player, and far better than Navas.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:43 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Completely changed the game when he came on and ALWAYS plays well when he does play. Why the fuck Navas started ahead of him I will never know.

Him and Navas are different players and both bring different qualities to the team. Navas just didn't turn up today. Jimmy was excellent as ever though. Pretty much turned the game when he came on despite the final result
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:56 am

Navas is so one dimensional, he never ever cuts in on hes other foot .Always the same push the ball and try to outpaced and cross and by the way Milner do that better to.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mike J » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:29 am

I like pellegrini alot but some of his teams selections fucking wind me up. Milner never playing is the main one. he should always be playing in the bigger games where we need players who put a shift in. navas is to lightweight for them.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby kennyboy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:04 am

He should play 10 of 10 times instead of Garcia.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:52 am

Got to agree that Milner should play a lot more.It's not all about workrate either but that is a given.He is a really intelligent footballer who can do good stuff when he stays wide but is also quality when he comes inside to link with Silva/Nasri/Yaya etc. He does seem to know when to move off the line and his touch and interpassing is very good more often than not as shown with Silva's goal yesterday.

Not that Navas is rubbish as he clearly isn't but he hasn't got the all round game needed. Great chipped ball for that Fernandinho chance just before half time though.Got his head up well for that one and he has provided many top assists for us this season.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:03 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Got to agree that Milner should play a lot more.It's not all about workrate either but that is a given.He is a really intelligent footballer who can do good stuff when he stays wide but is also quality when he comes inside to link with Silva/Nasri/Yaya etc. He does seem to know when to move off the line and his touch and interpassing is very good more often than not as shown with Silva's goal yesterday.

Not that Navas is rubbish as he clearly isn't but he hasn't got the all round game needed. Great chipped ball for that Fernandinho chance just before half time though.Got his head up well for that one and he has provided many top assists for us this season.

He should play every game now until seasons end in central midfield Doug - as he should have done on many occasions before.

Sadly his City career tells us Manuel will go with Javi and James will again waste away on the bench. He's been criminally underused at City by Mancini and Manuel alike so If I was him Id be away in the summer as we have given him zero reason to stay.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bayblue » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:26 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Got to agree that Milner should play a lot more.It's not all about workrate either but that is a given.He is a really intelligent footballer who can do good stuff when he stays wide but is also quality when he comes inside to link with Silva/Nasri/Yaya etc. He does seem to know when to move off the line and his touch and interpassing is very good more often than not as shown with Silva's goal yesterday. Not that Navas is rubbish as he clearly isn't but he hasn't got the all round game needed. Great chipped ball for that Fernandinho chance just before half time though.Got his head up well for that one and he has provided many top assists for us this season.

Agree on all fronts here.
Milner seems to have better spatial awareness. I'm convinced he links much better with Zabs than Navas ever has but his movement is so much more intelligent. If only he had a bit more pace; he always gamely tries to get past people, and can trick his way past, but he hasn't got that extra burst, if he had he would be a hell of a player.

As for Navas then he's a bit of an enigma. I've changed my mind on him several times over the season. In theory he's a good outlet against teams that press us, as his pace means they will be worrying about the ball behind their defence. The only problem is that's not the way we play and so his prime asset becomes redundant in a game like yesterday. As such it's hard to argue that Milner doesn't deserve much more game time between now and the end of the season.

I really hope Milner stays as he appears such a well rounded guy and is a credit to City.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:38 am

Why those bad reviews regarding Garcia?

Imho he was briliant yesterday. After he came in, the attacks of scousers went down and remember Clattecunt did he job, booking Javi after just 4 minutes and he had to play the rest of the game with a yellow in front of the european champion diving team and he did perfect for me.

Milner instead was out of this world. By far. Even better than Dave.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Breks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:05 pm

PeterParker wrote:Why those bad reviews regarding Garcia?

Imho he was briliant yesterday. After he came in, the attacks of scousers went down and remember Clattecunt did he job, booking Javi after just 4 minutes and he had to play the rest of the game with a yellow in front of the european champion diving team and he did perfect for me.

Milner instead was out of this world. By far. Even better than Dave.

Agreed Garcia played well and Jimmy changed the game completely. I would start him ahead of Navas on Wednesday.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Tru_Blu » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:36 pm

here we go again. Fans talking in hindsight..cry cry why you didn't pick my favorite 11 Pelle; whats going through your mind Pelle, I can manage this team better than you Pelle; if you play who I say play, we would win every single game on the planet Pelle; you make the worst subs Pelle, I swear you must think your a good manager; Why can't you see Milner is the next Silva Pelle. On and On as the wind blows.

I used to like our fans, was the main reason I started supporting the club. But I now only visit the forums once in a blue moon.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:here we go again. Fans talking in hindsight..cry cry why you didn't pick my favorite 11 Pelle; whats going through your mind Pelle, I can manage this team better than you Pelle; if you play who I say play, we would win every single game on the planet Pelle; you make the worst subs Pelle, I swear you must think your a good manager; Why can't you see Milner is the next Silva Pelle. On and On as the wind blows.

I used to like our fans, was the main reason I started supporting the club. But I now only visit the forums once in a blue moon.

So you disagree on Milner ??
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum