Realistic title chances

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Realistic title chances

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:13 pm

So at this moment, the title race isn't in our hand anymore. And we have the following situations.

Problem 1:

We need to win everything, but even if we do so, we will be behind Scouse at one point.

Problem 2:

We depend on Chelsea doing something on Anfield, however, we need to win at Everton and Palace. Can we do that?

Problem 3:

In order to Chelsea to do so, they need to win everything until that game, but mind they have the Champions League semi.

Worse scenario: Chelsea wins at Scouse and we lose at Everton, Chelsea wins the league.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Realistic title chances

Postby PrezIke » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:19 pm

i'm too lazy to check, but if chelsea win at anfield and we win the rest do we still take the title?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby hyper » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:21 pm

PrezIke wrote:i'm too lazy to check, but if chelsea win at anfield and we win the rest do we still take the title?

Yes.
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:21 pm

PrezIke wrote:i'm too lazy to check, but if chelsea win at anfield and we win the rest do we still take the title?

Yes.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Tim777 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:22 pm

No. Liverpool need to lose against Chelsea and lose or draw one more game. And we need to win the rest of ours.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:23 pm

How about Suarez gets sent off & suspended in the next game ?

Lots of possibilities to come.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Jon London » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Best scenario is Chelsea draw at Liverpool. We need Chelsea still to be with a shout when they go to boofield. G
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Tim777 wrote:

No. Liverpool need to lose against Chelsea and lose or draw one more game. And we need to win the rest of ours.

Liverpool are on 77 points, we are on 70, thus, we win our games in hand, we are one point behind.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Liverpool go to Norwich who need points, can be tough there.
Still think Chelsea have decent chance of getting result at anfield, despite the semi final.
Their luck will run out.
It's not over, we must just concentrate on our own games and play for 95 mins not just 45.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Fesan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:28 pm

I'll say the same thing I said before the game. Liverpool won't get four wins in a row. If we win our remaining games we'll take the title.

They'd have to win 14 in a row, which is the current record held by Arsenal. Very unlikely.
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby hyper » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:32 pm

Tim777 wrote: No. Liverpool need to lose against Chelsea and lose or draw one more game. And we need to win the rest of ours.

No. If we and Liverpool win all our remaining games we'd finish 1 point behind them. So if they lose to Chelsea and we still win all ours then we'd finish two points ahead of them.
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Too annoyed to be completely objective. If Liverpool win the league, and they must be huge favourites now, we can blame that half arsed, shitty first half. We need to bring in a few hungry players this summer, or 2014/15 will be just the same again.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mooner » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:34 pm

It seems odd that we tend to be the architects of our own failure.
Today the ever reliable V.K made a sunday league clearance which made it 3-2 to Liverpool when at 2-2 the only team that looked like taking all three points was City.
Chelsea at The Bridge, in injury time it looked like we had earned a good point only for yet another defensive howler from Joe and Nastasic.
We either can't handle the title games or there is a problem at the heart of our defensive system. There are other occasions, but having just watch us lose to a Liverpool team I am a bit emotional. The roller coaster that they(City) take us on is not always enjoyable, and id we don't win the league I will blame our shoddy defence. As mentioned earlier I'm a bit emotional and feel like head butting a wall, but that's lige as a blue.....I suppose. CTID
mooner
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Dzeko

Postby Breks » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:41 pm

We will win the league by 1 point. That's my prediction. CTID
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:42 pm

I wonder will ONE pundit mention the fact that this is pellegrini's first season with 4 new first team players and the whole "bedding in".

Will they fuck. It's an under achievement if we don't win it and to be expected if we do.

Because of money
Original Dub

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:45 pm

mooner wrote:It seems odd that we tend to be the architects of our own failure.
Today the ever reliable V.K made a sunday league clearance which made it 3-2 to Liverpool when at 2-2 the only team that looked like taking all three points was City.
Chelsea at The Bridge, in injury time it looked like we had earned a good point only for yet another defensive howler from Joe and Nastasic.
We either can't handle the title games or there is a problem at the heart of our defensive system. There are other occasions, but having just watch us lose to a Liverpool team I am a bit emotional. The roller coaster that they(City) take us on is not always enjoyable, and id we don't win the league I will blame our shoddy defence. As mentioned earlier I'm a bit emotional and feel like head butting a wall, but that's lige as a blue.....I suppose. CTID

We're a "last gasp" team defensively. Better defences smother attacks often before a good chance is created, while we rely on throwing legs, heads or bodies in the way at the last second. We have a defence that has accidents waiting to happen.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PrezIke » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:50 pm

hyper wrote:
Tim777 wrote: No. Liverpool need to lose against Chelsea and lose or draw one more game. And we need to win the rest of ours.

No. If we and Liverpool win all our remaining games we'd finish 1 point behind them. So if they lose to Chelsea and we still win all ours then we'd finish two points ahead of them.

so then we just need chelsea to draw with them assuming we keep our goal differential over them?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:51 pm

guv111 wrote:

We're a "last gasp" team defensively. Better defences smother attacks often before a good chance is created, while we rely on throwing legs, heads or bodies in the way at the last second. We have a defence that has accidents waiting to happen.

That's true enough but the style of defending we are trying to perfect has been relatively successful for top teams. It does however rely on keeping the ball, pressing like fuck when we lose possession, neither of which we did very well first half.

Hoofing a ball straight to the oppo from a corner just comes under 'shite at any level' though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby guv111 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
guv111 wrote:

That's true enough but the style of defending we are trying to perfect has been relatively successful for top teams. It does however rely on keeping the ball, pressing like fuck when we lose possession, neither of which we did very well first half.

Hoofing a ball straight to the oppo from a corner just comes under 'shite at any level' though.

Lumping the ball is also something we resort to too often. How many times has a long punt from Hart, for example, led to a goalscoring opportunity? It's like we have some players intent on making possession the cornerstone of our play, while others have their own agenda.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:01 pm

guv111 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
guv111 wrote:

Lumping the ball is also something we resort to too often. How many times has a long punt from Hart, for example, led to a goalscoring opportunity? It's like we have some players intent on making possession the cornerstone of our play, while others have their own agenda.

We failed in possession first half today. Dzeko was actually doing better than most under pressure trying to get on the end of shit passes. Once he'd gone, we ended up pushing Garcia up to become the lumpee.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum