Realistic title chances

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Realistic title chances

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:03 pm

I still think we will win the league. If Maureen is still in the race he will get something at boofield as long as the game is refereed fairly.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Breks » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:09 pm

zuricity wrote:
They are without Suarez and Henderson next week , if i am not mistaken.

Henderson yes. But Suarez?
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:15 pm

I'm with Breks on this, we'll win it by a point.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:16 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Liverpool will win the league.

If they do then the game is bent.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Just heard a good one off twitter, its funny how refs are making mistakes week in and week out in liverfool games!!!!!
Pretty much sums up my feelings
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bayblue » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote: If they do then the game is bent.

I think if Liverpool win they deserve it.
They've scored the most goals, they play some great aggressive football, they have a sharp manager and across the two games against us it's been pretty even.
To be honest I'd far rather them win it than Chelsea as they play much more attractive and open football.

As for the penalties then maybe they've had a couple of dodgy ones. But watching them today their movement is so fast and direct that they put defenders into a spin.
There's no other English team we have played this season that have so consistently got at our defence and you could see the impact of this with several last ditch clearances from Komps, Zaba, Demi and Clichy as well as the occasional howler, sadly today mainly from Vinnie.

I hope they don't win and that we do but if they do then fair credit to them.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:40 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Just heard a good one off twitter, its funny how refs are making mistakes week in and week out in liverfool games!!!!!
Pretty much sums up my feelings

When Scudamore said that the rags not chasing the title was bad for the PL brand, it was obvious what was coming.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:42 pm

we should not neeed any favours from any other teams to win this league we were in poll position and played first half like ameteurs.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:Liverpool will win the league.

Just get a rope pal.

I will tie the knot.
They might win it, so might we and you know what Chelsea might too as for the rags, I doubt it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Don't stop, believing.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Right let's put this points tally straight.
1.If we win our remaining games we will finish on 88pts.
2.If Chelsea win all their games they will finish on 87pts.
3.If Liverpool lose to Chelsea they can only get a maximum of 86pts but if they draw against Chelsea they will finish on 87pts and Chelsea would finish on 85pts.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Chelsea play at Anfield right in the middle of their 2 CL semi final legs - the absolute worst time to play.

They will also get the same thing we got from any ref as well - zilch.

The titles gone I'm afraid. Unlike 2012 Liverpool only have 4 to play, we don't have a home game against them, and we are sans Ya Ya Toure.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby AG7 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:42 pm

When we played Chelsea at home, we were 3 ahead and had a great chance to go 6 ahead of them and out clear daylight between is and the rest ... what did we do? We didn't take our chance ...

When we played Arsenal, Chelsea had lost their second straight game against Palace (after Villa) and had we gone and won that, we'd be firmly in control and today's game won't even matter to is ... what did we do? We didn't take that chance either ...

Then came Liverpool and well, I only could listen to the talksport commentary while driving today and have yet to see the game ... (which will only happen when I get back home on Tuesday night) and I have yet to go through the game thread here as well ... so I can't really comment on the game yet, but overall the same theme has continued ... we had a chance to get hold of the title race and what did we do? We didn't ...

What's going on? Why can't we grab these opportunities when they are presented to us? If Liverpool drops any points in their next 4 games ... I am just not sure we won't drop any in our 6 ...

Realistically for us to win the title we'll probably need Liverpool to draw with Chelsea (so both of them drop points) and then Liverpool to drop points in one other game too ... I don't see us getting 18 pts out of remaining 18 for us!

PS. Next stop: the match thread here ... As I said above, since I am stuck away at a hotel for work, I won't get to watch the full game till Tue might ... so for now should I watch the Sky's highlights of the game at 10 or MotD at 10:20?
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Twobob » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:50 pm

AG7 wrote:When we played Chelsea at home, we were 3 ahead and had a great chance to go 6 ahead of them and out clear daylight between is and the rest ... what did we do? We didn't take our chance ... When we played Arsenal, Chelsea had lost their second straight game against Palace (after Villa) and had we gone and won that, we'd be firmly in control and today's game won't even matter to is ... what did we do? We didn't take that chance either ... Then came Liverpool and well, I only could listen to the talksport commentary while driving today and have yet to see the game ... (which will only happen when I get back home on Tuesday night) and I have yet to go through the game thread here as well ... so I can't really comment on the game yet, but overall the same theme has continued ... we had a chance to get hold of the title race and what did we do? We didn't ... What's going on? Why can't we grab these opportunities when they are presented to us? If Liverpool drops any points in their next 4 games ... I am just not sure we won't drop any in our 6 ... Realistically for us to win the title we'll probably need Liverpool to draw with Chelsea (so both of them drop points) and then Liverpool to drop points in one other game too ... I don't see us getting 18 pts out of remaining 18 for us! PS. Next stop: the match thread here ... As I said above, since I am stuck away at a hotel for work, I won't get to watch the full game till Tue might ... so for now should I watch the Sky's highlights of the game at 10 or MotD at 10:20?

Its in our 'istreee' to fuck up when we could go ahead, doesn't matter on the players, manager, owners etc - typical city is alive and kicking.

As for the PS - Sky highlights mate - you'll at least see some City action, BBC will just be a scouse wankfest and fuck all on our chances or the cheating that went on.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby City64 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:02 pm

The fact Chelsea are now right back in it could inadvertently help us plus now Liverpool are without Sturridge and Henderson , key players for them .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mooner » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:57 pm

I'll take a 93rd minute winner in the final game to win the league by one goal on goal difference. Dejavu could be a brautiful thing, it was shit today but we're still in there, so fuck it. CTID
mooner
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Dzeko

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:22 pm

City64 wrote:The fact Chelsea are now right back in it could inadvertently help us plus now Liverpool are without Sturridge and Henderson , key players for them .

Up to now, Liverpool have been continually claiming that we were still the favourites to win the title and that there was no pressure upon them. They were just the little guy battling against City's money and doing the best they could for the good of football.

After today however, the pressure is, in a strange way, off ourselves and Liverpool have now to face up to the fact that everyone and his dog expects them to cruise effortlessly to the winning post, given their relatively easy remaining fixtures (Chelsea excepted ??). This, in itself, brings its own stresses so it will be interesting to see how they face up to it.

If we are now able to start playing again with the attacking freedom we showed in the earlier part of the season, the run-in might get very interesting, especially as Chelsea are still in with a shout.

This season might still have a few more twists and turns in it before it ends.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Up to now, Liverpool have been continually claiming that we were still the favourites to win the title and that there was no pressure upon them. They were just the little guy battling against City's money and doing the best they could for the good of football.

After today however, the pressure is, in a strange way, off ourselves and Liverpool have now to face up to the fact that everyone and his dog expects them to cruise effortlessly to the winning post, given their relatively easy remaining fixtures (Chelsea excepted ??). This, in itself, brings its own stresses so it will be interesting to see how they face up to it.

If we are now able to start playing again with the attacking freedom we showed in the earlier part of the season, the run-in might get very interesting, especially as Chelsea are still in with a shout.

Most sensible post of the whole day.
Original Dub

Postby bluemoon » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:47 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Up to now, Liverpool have been continually claiming that we were still the favourites to win the title and that there was no pressure upon them. They were just the little guy battling against City's money and doing the best they could for the good of football.

Spot on
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:37 am

There's still a ton of football to play and we're still only a point behind if we win our games in hand. Football is a funny old game! They'll be many twists and turns yet! I still feel that this season is ours
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum