Realistic title chances

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Realistic title chances

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Let's look at it like this...

Our title chances right now are a hell of a lot better than they were after that Arsenal loss before we went on to win it.
I don't think anyone would argue with that?

Also, from this point on, Liverpool will now be playing as title favourites for the first time in the premier league era.

Let's see if we can do something that we've done before under more difficult circumstances, while Liverpool try something they have never done before.

Believe. I sure as shit do.
Original Dub

Postby Blue In Bolton » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:31 pm

I still feel that we will do it. If we take it a match at a time as we did 2 years ago at this stage and obviously relying on the bin dippers to make some mistakes in their last 4 matches. There is no rhyme nor reason but I think that they will drop a massive bollock maybe even more than one as I can see them drawing 2 of their last 4 (don't ask me which ones!!) and I think we are due a win in our most difficult fixture.

The manager simply has to play Milner and Kolarov to get the maximum out of these remaining 6 matches with Navas coming off the bench to run at tired legs if needs be.

It is still there for us to win and all the sweeter for it as the coronation of that shower will be cancelled forthwith.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Breks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:Let's look at it like this...

Our title chances right now are a hell of a lot better than they were after that Arsenal loss before we went on to win it.
I don't think anyone would argue with that?

Also, from this point on, Liverpool will now be playing as title favourites for the first time in the premier league era.

Let's see if we can do something that we've done before under more difficult circumstances, while Liverpool try something they have never done before.

Believe. I sure as shit do.

I agree with you totally. Excellent comment.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby guv111 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Whilst you could see Liverpool dropping points - personally I don't think they will - I cant see us winning at Palace or Everton.

Palace will park the bus, Everton is the same graveyard for us as Anfield. Therefore I think and hope Chelsea have the best chance and go on to win it, just to get rid of the LFC TV channel than Sky Sports and Match of the Day has become.

Sat nights Match of the Day has Fowler on the panel; on sunday on Sky we have Carra and Redknapp, and last nights motd2 apparently had Hansen and Hamann on it, with Hansen, so I hear, claiming Suarez didn't dive ffs. There isn't even a hint of trying to be impartial is there? To top it off Lineker tweeted yesterday that he wants to see Gerrard get a medal. Unbelievable.

This is what City are up against. It'll be the same next year with bells on if Liverpool win the league.

If City can't manage it... come on Chelsea.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:14 pm

One thing you can be sure of Maureen will be studying the video of Villa's game at Anfield as Villa showed in the first half that game how to stop Liverpool going forward.Lambert had his front 3 and 1 of 2 midfielders press the fuck out of the scouse back line and Gerrard and it worked a treat as villa were 2 up at half time.Imo we should have done that in the first half yesterday and we would have won.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 pm

will Liverpool get 9 points from Norwich, Chelsea and Palace, I cant see it, 7 would be doing really well.
We should be able to win all our home games, if we can win the two games at palace and everton we should be right in there come the 11th of May.
I am not shouting for Chelsea just yet.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bleedBlue » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:29 pm

hyper wrote:
No. If we and Liverpool win all our remaining games we'd finish 1 point behind them. So if they lose to Chelsea and we still win all ours then we'd finish two points ahead of them.

To add to that.. If Liverpool draws with Chelsea and we win all our games we win the title by 1 point. The max points Liverpool can get is 89, us 88, Chelsea 87. So all we need is a draw from liverpool.
bleedBlue
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Weiss, Nimely, Boyata, AJ

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:10 pm

We should know better than write off our own chances.We lost at Arsenal 1-0 in our title winning season,it was all over we thought,the pressure was off us and we went on a run off wins.The rest is history.

Personally i don't rate either Liverpool or Chelsea,Chelsea look very average without Hazard.Liverpool are just high octane,diving,fouling, get in your face cheating side.If we had been a bit more prepared for their charge off the light brigade onslaught from the off and kept our concentration there would have been only one winner.It really grates me the way we appear unprepared for very obvious game plans,not just Liverpool either,many times we don't get going until the second half,same last season too.

I hope we win the title we are still in it,i have hope.I don't think we will though.

I hope it is the Chavs if not us,i really do.Would prefer the Mourinho wankfest over the candle burning scouser wankfest.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:04 pm

AG7 wrote:In 2012, Bubba Watson won The Masters the day City lost to Arsenal before winning last 6 games to win title ... Yesterday we did it again ... but so did Bubba ... and we have 6 games to go ...

Sport is full of stories of coincidences and omens. This is my favourite one......I would 'love it, love it' if this came true after the Dippers celebrated the title victory yesterday.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:11 pm

bayblue wrote: I think if Liverpool win they deserve it. They've scored the most goals, they play some great aggressive football, they have a sharp manager and across the two games against us it's been pretty even. To be honest I'd far rather them win it than Chelsea as they play much more attractive and open football. As for the penalties then maybe they've had a couple of dodgy ones. But watching them today their movement is so fast and direct that they put defenders into a spin. There's no other English team we have played this season that have so consistently got at our defence and you could see the impact of this with several last ditch clearances from Komps, Zaba, Demi and Clichy as well as the occasional howler, sadly today mainly from Vinnie. I hope they don't win and that we do but if they do then fair credit to them.

Hear hear !
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:25 pm

I'm not sure Liverpool will have scored the most goals by the end of the season...
Original Dub

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:47 am

Original Dub wrote:I'm not sure Liverpool will have scored the most goals by the end of the season...

I' agree with that mate, I think they could well struggle with the tension, whereas we now truly have the pressure off with no expectation for the time being and could well really smash a few of the remaining teams
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:32 am

1. City
2. Chavs
3. Dippers
4. Toffees
5. Arse
6. Spuds

7. Rags
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wooders » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:40 am

Suarez should have been sent off and miss next weeks game
I can't understand why the "Last man denies scoring oppurtunity" is a red card that the ref is powerless to avoid giving but the yellow when a free kick is awarded seems to be at their disgression??

And yes its a one game ban for a red in that scenario!!
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum