Kompany injured?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany injured?

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:53 pm

This is not going to happen nor should it.

When you have a player of that quality , you don't just fuck them off you work with them.

As for mentioning Bacon, if it was upto you fuckers he would have been sacked every year and a half over 20 years when his team struggled & got fucking tatered & by various inferior City teams. So stop talking shite.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
I reckon most who defend kompany would have been the same ones who wanted to keep Balotelli cos he scored in the cup final 3 yrs ago

Which cup final was that??

I dunno. One that Liverpool might be in? A coppa Italia. Who fucking knows.

Regardless, his points about Vinny are spot fucking on. Second best CB in both of our title winning seasons and past his best. He needs to be sold. We have to be dispassionate about this stuff. Bacon would be selling him after the last two seasons. And he rarely fucked those decisions up as much as it pains to admit.

Cheers

No wonder we get no credit, I did not know Balo scored in a cup final. Top man.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
I reckon most who defend kompany would have been the same ones who wanted to keep Balotelli cos he scored in the cup final 3 yrs ago

Regardless, his points about Vinny are spot fucking on. Second best CB in both of our title winning seasons and past his best. He needs to be sold. We have to be dispassionate about this stuff. Bacon would be selling him after the last two seasons. And he rarely fucked those decisions up as much as it pains to admit.

Cheers

Equaliser against Wigan.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:58 am

Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Cheers

Hmmmm....moral of that story, don't post whilst pissed! I obviously meant his exceptional performance against Stoke!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:27 am

kinkylola wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
kinkylola wrote:if kompany ever leaves, it will be well past his sell-by date. Whether that's good or bad, it's up to Vinnie.

He's had a dip in form this season, we don't know the circumstances of stuff behind the scenes, but I'm more troubled by his attitude and demeanor at times. I think he can turn it around, and if/when he and mangala click as a unit, we'll have a very strong defence.

I'm glad that Mangala has been used sparingly, especially with the form we have been in ... had the potential to absolutely destroy his confidence in a new league. As it is, I think he has everything to prove, and a desire to do so. He certainly did not look shy in his appearance vs. United, even if he did make some mistakes, I don't think he was bad ... he certainly couldn't help Mata being offsides yet not being called for it.

You're watchin with blue tinted specs on r kid.

You say he has had a dip in form this season, you're right, he has. Unfortunately, that dip in form this year comes from a player who was playing shit anyway, and even in the title season was the 2nd best centre half

So we have a player playing poorly for 2/3 years who has recently started playing even shitter than that.

"We should keep him cos he's a blue"
"He is the best captain iny lifetime"
"Best defender I've ever seen"

Put those comments against the cold light of day, and ion struggling to think of a single reason why he should stay

I don't think I said anything outrageous, Vinnie has done well for us. He's been an important part of winning teams, and made good partnerships with people. He has all the talent, not just the physical attributes, to be among the best defenders in the world ... This season his attitude has been shit and he has added poor decision making to his game, which is regrettable.

He simply has not been playing "poorly for 2/3 years," and as you accuse me of having blue tinted specs on, I'd say your comments are coming mostly from frustration ... which is understandable. You can argue about who the defensive "stars" were in those 2/3 years ... many would say Lescott, who has hardly set the world alight since leaving. You can run through the list of players who were in that defensive unit, up through to midfield ... none are now really covering themselves in glory. Vinnie was part of a successful, balanced defensive unit ... he played his role, he did it well and the world took notice.

I want the vinnie that fit in with a balanced defense, played his role, however important, and fought with passion. That is why my main point is about his attitude. He seems like he's playing within himself, believing his own hype and just generally over-confident ... in short, he is not a team player at the moment, and unbalances the team ... along with several other players we are carrying.

My viewpoint about the last 2/3 years is consistent, and has been throughout that period. In his time he has made some exceptional contributions to the club, he has been the greatest captain certainly in my lifetime of watching City, but that doesn't mean he can be forgiven his performances.

He has always been given free passes for potentially game changing mistakes because he's a wonderful captain etc, no crticism has been entertained, with any dissenter quickly slapped down by those amogst us who seem to want us to sit in a circle joining hands and sing kumbaya rather than take an objective view of a difficult situation. All I want to see on the discussion of our players is an objective view, and too often Kompany's considerable shortcomings are hidden by bluster and hyperbole of fans who can't see beyond the good things he does (I'm not specifically including you in this).

A couple of examples:

Against Barcelona at home last season, Demichelis was sent off for bringing Messi down. Demichelis got dogs abuse on here and in the media for being past it, too slow, etc. In reality, wind the video back just 3 seconds and you will see an absolutely ridiculous attempt at a challenge from Kompany which left Messi clear through on goal and Demichelis standing no chance at all. There was little objective debate about this at the time, as the witch hunt was out for Demichelis and nowhere in the media or on here did I see anyone prepared to nail Kompany for his role in the mess.

Against QPR in 2012 Lescott was blamed for not spotting the threat when the ball was crossed for QPR's 2nd goal. However, again wind the video back a few seconds on the second goal to see how it actually went down, and surprise surprise there is Kompany charging into a challenge he had no right to on the half way line, and susbequently leaving the whole defence completely out of shape and a winger charging unopposed down our right for a free cross. Again, afterwards in the Lescott witch hunt, there was no objective criticism of the role Kompany (or for that matter Zabaleta) had in fundamentally creating the problem that led to the goal.

Of course these are two examples, just obviously the ones off the top of my head as they were high profile errors being made in the past, and these errors of judgement have this season reached the level that I can't argue even for a place in the starting 11 at the moment. Demichelis was criticised for his lack of pace - as a physical attribute, he can't improve that, but after 4 years of making huge errors of judgement, its clear that these errors are becoming more frequent by Kompany. The question perhaps is whether he has lost a bit of pace and is trying to overcompensate, or whether as a footballer he is unable to learn. I personally think the issue is down to him not having a solid partner like Lescott, but on that note, we can't have him and Mangala in the same defence and having invested in a young kid with a bright future who maybe will learn, perhaps the decision for the club is which one they stick with, because for me it's one or the other.

We are seeing exactly the same lack of objectivity at the moment on the Silva thread, the midfield issue has centred on Toure vs a complete reluctance to consider that at 29, we should be considering how Silva fits in at the club in the future.

I'm not saying these players should be sold without a second thought, I am simply saying that as a club and as supporters this is another new thing for us which comes with being a top club (but more importantly staying as a top club). We must take a very objective view of how a player continues to fit into the squad of today and the merits of the player we have today, rather than basing that assessment on how he did a few years ago.

I'd say that if you have the opportunity to sell any player aged 29+ for good money and particularly when there is a suggestion the player is on the decline, it's bad business to not pursue that option, and remember, even though people dont like to think of it that way, City is a business at the end of the day. We need to start acting like one.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:38 am

That's just your opinion; that it's good business to cash in on the captain whilst he's having a bad spell (whch is all it is, the rest is bollocks) I happen to think it would be a fucking nightmare decision which no club officials in their right mind would take.

Luckily for me, Txiki, Khaldoon, Pelldgrini, Vieira, Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti, whoever will agree with me. So I don't have to worry about it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:That's just your opinion; that it's good business to cash in on the captain whilst he's having a bad spell (whch is all it is, the rest is bollocks) I happen to think it would be a fucking nightmare decision which no club officials in their right mind would take.

Luckily for me, Txiki, Khaldoon, Pelldgrini, Vieira, Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti, whoever will agree with me. So I don't have to worry about it.

it's one hell of a long spell...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:57 am

http://www.viasatsport.se/videoklipp/fotboll/niva-om-kompany-stjalpt-mer-an-han-hjalpt/

Is this clip watchable from outside of Sweden? Sums up his form over the last year or so. Well, the clips from games, not the chatter of course.

It cannot continue like this after this season. Whether a sale or just plain benching him or a stern talk or a night out with cocktails is the solution, I don't care. Just solve it.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:30 am

Ted Hughes wrote:That's just your opinion; that it's good business to cash in on the captain whilst he's having a bad spell (whch is all it is, the rest is bollocks) I happen to think it would be a fucking nightmare decision which no club officials in their right mind would take.

And none of them have ever made a mistake or error of judgement? Tricky and Pellegrini to start with, are already in the crosshairs for questionable judgement on transfer policy, so I can't be confident they can be completely relied on to make the right call do you? It's new territory even for Tricky, as they never really had to make calls like this at Barcelona did they? In the FFP era, when to let a top player go becomes a critical business decision.

As for 'the rest' being bollocks, sorry pal, but the errors of judgement aren't down to form.......but talking about 'form', he has form for rash challenges going back as long as anyone cares to remember, but coincidentally as he gets older and injured more frequently, these errors of judgement seem to be happening more and more frequently.

That isn't an opinion, and it's not based on the last few months alone, it's an indisputable fact.

So if (for example) his body is going through a change and he is missing some tackles he would have got to before because he's a little slower or something, then the two options we have are very simple, he recognises his shortcomings and works hard to change the way he plays, or we move him on before potential buyers figure out that it is a physical decline and lack of adaptability to that decline that is causing the bad performances. My money though, given that he has a natural tendency for rash challenges, is that he would adapt but will never play at his former level.

If we are still having this conversation at the end of next season, what then? How long do you think it is right to persist with someone in the hope they will buck up?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:08 am

Next season that's what you give him.

The errors of judgdment by Kompany are indeed fact, & he has fucked up in some big games including the QPR game, as did Lescott who alongside Kompany made regular mistakes as part of imo the best cb pairing in the world at that time.

Sergio Ramos & Piquet & Pepe are doing the very same right now, every other week, as are Boateng & the other clown at Bayern, David Luiz at PSG, Terry & Cahill have made some right fucking howlers, Hummels ?

Central defenders make mistakes. Kompany will always as will Jason Denayer when he gets in. Kompany is head and shoulders better tgan everyone else in that list.

He will be back. And he will stay at City. Injury is his worst problem not Txiki. And as for criticising Txiki's signings; they are the blokes who would replace him!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:16 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Next season that's what you give him.

The errors of judgdment by Kompany are indeed fact, & he has fucked up in some big games including the QPR game, as did Lescott who alongside Kompany made regular mistakes as part of imo the best cb pairing in the world at that time.

Sergio Ramos & Piquet & Pepe are doing the very same right now, every other week, as are Boateng & the other clown at Bayern, David Luiz at PSG, Terry & Cahill have made some right fucking howlers, Hummels ?

Central defenders make mistakes. Kompany will always as will Jason Denayer when he gets in. Kompany is head and shoulders better tgan everyone else in that list.

He will be back. And he will stay at City. Injury is his worst problem not Txiki. And as for criticising Txiki's signings; they are the blokes who would replace him!

As in the Silva thread, my heart and head say two different things.

I'd love him to stay and make it work for another few years, we desperately need that for Mangala, Denayer or A.N. Other to bed in and that might, in the current situation, be the thing that keeps him at the club. I just hope the club make the right call for the right reasons, eg, medical evidence, commercial value etc.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Cheers

Thanks a fucking bunch I had the 12 programmes sold for that debacle I picked up as blues ditched em .

Hmmmm....moral of that story, don't post whilst pissed! I obviously meant his exceptional performance against Stoke!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Anyone else hear rumours about the reasons on VInny and Fernandinio falling out?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:09 pm

Nope. Explain?
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:35 pm

I heard the rumours at the game today. The rumble is that Vince has failed a drug test and that is why he will be out for the season.
I find it hard to believe, and I haven't got any colour or detail of the story, but you never know.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:13 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Cheers

This world just plays out in your head something contrary to reality doesn't it?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:18 pm

Way i heard it was he had developed centre halfs disease ie he's been seeing ferns wife?
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:21 pm

The rumour where I was sat is that Kompany got a bigger Easter Egg from the club than Frenandinho and the latter was apoplectic.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:59 am

I heard Baby Fernando was taking the piss out of Vinny's massive forehead so Vinny took the piss out of Baby Fern for looking like Big Fern.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:04 am

I heard Baby Fernando was taking the piss out of Vinny's massive forehead so Vinny took the piss out of Baby Fern for looking like Big Fern.

Of the three, Fernandinho clearly has the smoothest skull, almost perfect, so that could also be an issue of contention and not just between these three guys, but all of the city players who shave their head. I'm jealous of Ferna1, have no problem in admitting that. My skull looks like a pile of playdough in comparison.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum