Everton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Everton

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:38 am

I always liked Everton and it was only when Gollum started to throw sticks that we seemed to have an issue with them. Since Roberto Martinez took over (a manager I do like) that bitterness has dissipated and the football they are playing is very nice to watch.

They've got a real chance of taking the 4th Cup position away from Arsenal and I for one will be very glad if they do it.

Thoughts?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Everton

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:44 am

Martinez is a cracking manager and a genuine nice guy.
I'd like any min he was at because of the style of football he plays well..... Apart from I'd he went to the rags or scallypool or chavski!!

So glad the rags went for Gollum and not him.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Twobob » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:53 am

I've said before, i have nothing but respect for Martinez. Tactically head and shoulders above a lot of managers in the Prem, i would love him at City once he's cut his teeth at Everton and Pellers retires.

I hope he manages to pull off 4th spot - and their scum neighbours cant get people killed in Europe again to stop them from getting European football.

Not at the expense to us though - will be one of the toughest games, which will get overlooked by the usual media bias towards teams in red.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:59 am

We play them on the 3rd of May (3 games to go) and wouldn't want to go there needing a win. Definately have no nails left for that one. Although, we did beat them resoundingly in our home game after they'd won 3 on trot. I think they're upto 6 at the moment since their slim loss against Chelsea, beating Arsenal the last time out.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:37 am

Beefymcfc wrote:We play them on the 3rd of May (3 games to go) and wouldn't want to go there needing a win. Definately have no nails left for that one. Although, we did beat them resoundingly in our home game after they'd won 3 on trot. I think they're upto 6 at the moment since their slim loss against Chelsea, beating Arsenal the last time out.

I thought they were 5th one point behind, with a game in hand over Arsenal in 4th. I have met Martinez and he is always a gentleman. It's good to see the nice people succeeding as well as "toe rags" like Ferguson and Mourinho. If we win against Liverpool we can afford to lose the Everton match. Personally I would rather they got CL football than Arsenal.
Last edited by Plain Speaking on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:41 am

Sorry duplicate post deleted, stupid phone!
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:51 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:We play them on the 3rd of May (3 games to go) and wouldn't want to go there needing a win. Definately have no nails left for that one. Although, we did beat them resoundingly in our home game after they'd won 3 on trot. I think they're upto 6 at the moment since their slim loss against Chelsea, beating Arsenal the last time out.

I thought they were 5th with a game in hand over Arsenal in 4th. I have met Martinez and he is always a gentleman. It's good to see the nice people succeeding as well as "toe rags" like Ferguson and Mourinho. If we win against Liverpool we can afford to lose the Everton match. PersonallyI would rather they got CL football than Arsenal.

Sorry mate, was talking about their winning run, 6 at the moment.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Theyve done well this season, but with a pile of extra fixtures - either CL or Europa League - next season and no Lukaku to bang goals in, Id be interested to see how they do.

Martinez and Rodgers have been greatly aided in the Prem by no European fixtures this year. Next season they may find it rather tougher. Martinez has done a job and a half there though, and in Lukaku, Barry and Mccarthy hes made the 3 best signings of the season imho.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I always liked Everton and it was only when Gollum started to throw sticks that we seemed to have an issue with them. Since Roberto Martinez took over (a manager I do like) that bitterness has dissipated and the football they are playing is very nice to watch.

They've got a real chance of taking the 4th Cup position away from Arsenal and I for one will be very glad if they do it.

Thoughts?

They are from Livepoooooool so naturally I don't like them. However I don't detest them like the dippers and it would be funny for Wenger to finally win a trophy in a season that they failed with their primary objective of getting 4th.

Martinez will not be there long. He will get a good job in Spain before long. With you Beefy in having admiration for the guy and the job he has done only further reiterates the dross Moyes serves up
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gillie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:16 pm

And I think with today's win Everton have secured their record Prem points haul.Martinez in one season has outshone Davey boy lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:41 am

gillie wrote:And I think with today's win Everton have secured their record Prem points haul.Martinez in one season has outshone Davey boy lol.

Just shows how much Moyes actually held them back. By using their 'We've got no money' comment over and over again, it gets into the core of the club and they start believing they haven't got a chance and accept their position. Martinez comes in and with a couple of loan signings blows all Gollum's defeatist bullshit out of the water.

'Dare to Dream' they say. Fuck that, the Toffees have just been woken up and can now see the truth.

Moyes was shit.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:46 am

If Everton are in with a big chance of 4th, then when we go there they will be very similar to how Liverpool will be today; screaming at the ref etc. A high pitched squeal will go up at every 50/50 challenge.

Both teams are worse than any for that, then comes rags, Rangers/Celtic, oh & those old cunts with the caps on at Blackburn Rovers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum