Lawro and Degenerate predictions week 34

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro and Degenerate predictions week 34

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:10 am

Lawro and Merson are for the first time in my memory going for the same scoreline. This means they are sitting on the fucking fence!

LAWRO

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26969505

Liverpool v Man City (13:37 BST)

Liverpool have been fabulous in the last few weeks - they have been the best team in the country since the turn of the year and have blown a lot of teams away with their attacking football.

I was at Anfield for Liverpool's win over Tottenham at the end of March, and the atmosphere was fantastic.
The reason Reds fans have enjoyed their home games so much this season is because of the way they have taken teams apart, and keep going for it whoever they are up against.
Brendan Rodgers will not change his approach against Manchester City because this is a game that Liverpool really need to win if they are going to lift the title.
Because of that, I have a sneaky feeling it might end up being a draw. That will suit City, because I can see them winning every game after this one - including when they go to Everton.

It will be a very open game on Sunday, though. City won't go to Anfield and sit back because they can't. They want to get their dangerous attacking players involved as much as Liverpool do.
As far as key men go, Sergio Aguero has to start for City if he is able to take any part in the game. There is no point leaving him on the bench.
Aguero is the City striker who can cause Liverpool's defence the most problems because he is their Luis Suarez, and a different threat to Edin Dzeko or Alvaro Negredo.
Manuel Pellegrini's side will want to get the ball to David Silva in those pockets of space he finds between midfield and defence, which is where he hurts teams.

It will help them that they have five games left so the end is in sight, and so is the prize too. They are playing cup finals every week between now and the end of the season, and it is a huge ask for them to win them all.

Liverpool, meanwhile, will want to get Suarez or Daniel Sturridge up against Martin Demichelis to exploit his lack of pace, because Demichelis does dive in and go to ground really easily.
The Reds have been playing to a really high tempo at home and I would expect them to do that again. It means the opposition midfielders have their heads down when the ball comes to them in midfield because they have no space and time.
It will be interesting to see how City deal with that, because they have not coped too well when teams have pressed them like that this season.
Lawro's prediction: 1-1

George Groves prediction: This is going to be very interesting. I've been saying all season that Liverpool will fall away but I've been wrong so far. This time, though, I think City have got too much substance and have got the beating of them. 1-3.

MERSON

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ns-week-34

For me, whoever wins this match will win the Premier League. The winners will have all the momentum, but if I'm being honest I don't see either of them winning it. I can't wait to watch it, though, and I think it will be a very entertaining football match because Man City don't go anywhere and defend, while Liverpool won't sit back because this is their chance to win the league.

There's not a lot between these teams at all, but the return of Sergio Aguero will make a lot of difference to City. Liverpool will struggle to live with him - but at the same time I don't see how Man City can live with Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge. The atmosphere at Anfield has been absolutely phenomenal recently - and for the Liverpool fans and players to win this game and virtually win the league on the day they commemorate the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough is the sort of script you couldn't write.

They have been brilliant this season and winning nine games on the trot is a huge ask in any league, but I'm going for a 1-1 draw - although it really wouldn't surprise me if it was 3-3.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro and Degenerate predictions week 34

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:34 am

I am just glad Lawro can write something other than 2-0.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:08 am

Slim wrote:I am just glad Lawro can write something other than 2-0.

Still only amounts to 2 goals though
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Probably a typo from Lawro. Merse is probably smacked off his tits and didnt realise what game he was previewing
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:17 am

Wooders wrote: Still only amounts to 2 goals though

You are assuming Lawro knows how to add now, I think mine is more plausible.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum