Elaquim Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elaquim Mangala

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Man gala was pants tonight, but then so was the majority if not all of the team? Need to find the sagna thread.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Cit.revenge » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:50 pm

Who is fucking scaut , its insane how clumsy he is , hes not third of Kompany and we pay 40 mill.All headers send to Newcastle tonight , Ferna is sink with Brasil , we buy shit it seams i miss Garcia so much
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Spurge » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:52 pm

I have to say that, Chelsea aside, he's done very little to make me think he is anything other than the player I saw in the heart of Porto's defence that was all at sea back in April
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Nick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:58 pm

savic, boateng, nasti, yet lescott was lynched.

6 months of demichelis playing wank and he turns into a world beater (and even pulls vince out of the shit) and we bench him unfairly for this clown. he is supposed to have the 'raw qualities' why is he getting out paced and out fought then? these cunts need a rocket up the arse and the lack of passion from pellers fires up nobody.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:07 pm

I don't think any of us can tell if he's got what it takes, but he looks fucking awful at the moment and we can't afford an unnecessary liability on the field whilst we are watching the midfield struggle.Get Demi in for the next two games. The rags will cut this guy a new one if he plays.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:14 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Comparing Mangala to MDM, is it fair to say he just needs time? People seem quick to judge him but it was the same with Demichelis last year and he turned out not entirely shit.

QUIM will come good. So let's just ease him in shall we. MDM & Vinnie for Sunday and no need to rush that big boy into the team, there will be suspensions & injuries anyway
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby City64 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Very worrying and hardly looking a £32 million player , that said another £200 million of our players are looking dog shit right now aswell .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:22 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Comparing Mangala to MDM, is it fair to say he just needs time? People seem quick to judge him but it was the same with Demichelis last year and he turned out not entirely shit.

QUIM will come good. So let's just ease him in shall we. MDM & Vinnie for Sunday and no need to rush that big boy into the team, there will be suspensions & injuries anyway

"Quim will come good " ?

Based on what ?

The guy is all over the place and has shown nothing since he came to the club to suggest he is worth the 30 mill paid out for him.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:25 pm

zuricity wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

"Quim will come good " ?

Based on what ?

The guy is all over the place and has shown nothing since he came to the club to suggest he is worth the 30 mill paid out for him.

He did in the Chelsea game. However, he looks miles off at the moment and MDM needs a run in the next few games or our season could all be dependent on the FA Cup.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:27 pm

zuricity wrote:"Quim will come good " ?

Based on what ?

Isn't this the kind of stuff we were spouting about MDM though? People will give no one literally one game to get their shit together soon will they?
Last edited by LookMumImOnMCF.net on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Ted has a point though. How would any of the Bayern guys look in this system, awful I think. We'll see over the coming weeks, but if you are out of form, an idiot knows to play an extra midfielder and make sure you don't get caught, until your game comes back.Both centre backs are getting exposed and even Vincent can't cope.No coincidence Pep reckons the RM mauling was due to going 424.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:32 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
zuricity wrote:"Quim will come good " ?

Based on what ?

Isn't this the kind of stuff we were spouting about MDM though? People will give no one literally one game to get their shit together soon will they?

No not at all, I have waited from the day he signed to see some sign of being a top player. ie 30 mill value, so far , i see just a lanky streak of piss. Sorry but the guy shows no signs of being a top player. Whichever bright spark in our management thinks this guy is worth 30 odd mill , needs to be sacked.

by the way MDM is well over 30 and shouldn't really be getting a look in.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby AntMcfc » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:12 pm

zuricity wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

"Quim will come good " ?

Based on what ?

Ask Diego Costa.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:47 pm

If we are to improve and compete over the next few years then we do need a world class CB to partner Vinnie. Mangala may become decent back up in case of injuries etc. and play in the games that are a lesser priority. It does nt matter how much you spend on players if they are not good enough. Just look at the dippers snd Spurs. I hope we can get a class CB in Jan and maybe loan Mangala out to see if he can play.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:50 pm

is there a decent centreback out there??
honest question...
vk makes mistakes most games
hummels ain't all that
etc...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PrezIke » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:37 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:is there a decent centreback out there??
honest question...
vk makes mistakes most games
hummels ain't all that
etc...

this is really the question without an answer.

yes the benatia love is alive.

yet, the options at cb were not so clear and as a result the market determines an increased price.

even komps has not been as great this year, although we have also seen examples of his quality as well.

mangala was always a risk...a well calculated risk that i think to go against now is a bit too reactionary for us to pass full judgement upon at this point.

he has qualities we certainly can use. give the lad some time.

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby kinkylola » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:02 am

nervy start ... big money transfer ... let's give him some time before we throw him out eh?

Young defender with all the physical traits to make it, he's been doing the business in europe and needs time to adjust to the new system.

Catch 22 is you get that from playing, but we have an already adapted CB in MDM who was in great form and Mangala is in a rough patch. If we're going to stick with mangala, we might have to shift up our system a bit. With as stale as we'e been looking all over the pitch, might not be a bad thing.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby kennyboy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:45 am

He will find hes feet, no doubt.
I have learnt from criticize Demichelis in the beginning...
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby aaron bond » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:41 am

It's too early to write Mangala off yet. Demichelis was one of the worst players we've had in a long time until March and then he improved.

Mangala isn't helped by the fact that Pellegrini changes the defence every week. If he had a run of games playing with Hart, Zab, Kompany and Kolarov, we would see some improvement eventually.

It may not be a bad idea to take him out of the limelight for a couple of matches now though. We don't want to shatter his confidence completely. A Kompany-Demichelis partnership is probably our best option at this moment in time.

It's also strange why so many are willing to write-off Mangala so quickly, yet Nastasic was given so much time (and often praised) even though he never showed any good defensive attributes from the moment he arrived.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:13 am

Mangala has shown everyone what he can do, in his early games. Then he fucked up in a game & has struggled to recover. He was responsible for City's worst & best defensive play last night, sometimes both in the same move.

Seeing as I said this could happen before we even signed a new centre back, I can't say I'm surprised, although I was surprised how brilliant he was at the start.

This is why I said we we should have kept Lescott for another year, rotated between him & Demi in an experienced, organised, defence & eased in the new boy. The Count has fucked it up, exactly like Mancini did, with exactly the same trick of throwing in a novice at the deep end.

The way some of our nasty, cuntish, fans are starting to respond to him (the best way to improve him his to scream at him when he gets the ball, fucking wankers) it's in his interests to be rested, as if he fucks up in the derby they will persecute him for the rest of his career, ala Lescott, & make it very difficult for him to succeed.

And the answer to the question of 'are there any good centre backs ?', is no.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum