Elaquim Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elaquim Mangala

Postby Hazy2 » Sat May 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Slavic is an example to us all, nice work .
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat May 28, 2016 11:53 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Slavic is an example to us all, nice work .

I think this is partly why some are afraid to let Mangala go.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 29, 2016 12:00 pm

PrezIke wrote:

I tend to agree with both these posts, but do you think Savic could be a success week in, week out in the Prem?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue May 31, 2016 4:12 am

Wow. In a full strength lineup (minus Griezmann) Rami, a late sub last week only after Varane was injured, started ahead of Mangala. Thats...saying something
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 31, 2016 5:55 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Wow. In a full strength lineup (minus Griezmann) Rami, a late sub last week only after Varane was injured, started ahead of Mangala. Thats...saying something

Could it be saying that Deschamps hasn't seen Rami for a while so wanted to see first hand where he's at? This is just a warm up game after all.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dunnylad » Tue May 31, 2016 6:17 am

PrezIke wrote:

But you can throw Otamendi in as well with that sort of reasoning and there's plenty on here who have his bus fare home counted out! I think personally that the pair of them should be given a chance. As for Savic I think it was a confidence thing where he needed another club to rebuild his career, which he seems to have done, but no I don't regret him going as I doubt he would have achieved those heights if he'd have stopped.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:02 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Wow. In a full strength lineup (minus Griezmann) Rami, a late sub last week only after Varane was injured, started ahead of Mangala. Thats...saying something

Could it be saying that Deschamps hasn't seen Rami for a while so wanted to see first hand where he's at? This is just a warm up game after all.

I think the French coach has seen enough to know who can play and who can't. I think we have too.
South Stand Balti

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:46 am

South Stand Balti wrote:

I think the French coach has seen enough to know who can play and who can't. I think we have too.

Mangala on the bench again behind Koscielny and Rami
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:36 am

South Stand Balti wrote:

So why then would he not have Rami ahead of Mangala on a regular basis? Rami hadn't been called up for 3 years until now.

Apparently he's starting Rami ahead of Mangala for balance. Koscielny is at his best on the left of the centre back pairing so Eli is essentially his back up.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:16 am

South Stand Balti wrote:

So why then would he not have Rami ahead of Mangala on a regular basis? Rami hadn't been called up for 3 years until now.

Apparently he's starting Rami ahead of Mangala for balance. Koscielny is at his best on the left of the centre back pairing so Eli is essentially his back up.

It's strange that the coach picks a player who hasn't been called up for 3 years, ahead of Msngala who is s squad regular. I don't think he is just having a look at Rami though. The warm up games are an opportunity to form a centre back partnership.
South Stand Balti

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum