Elaquim Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elaquim Mangala

Postby Wooders » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:36 am

He should get a run of games now vinyl is allegedly out for the rest of the season - pellegrini needs to choose a back 4 for the rest of the season and stick with it - I am remaining optimistic about mangala
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:38 am

Whatever the choice, STICK WITH THE SAME BACK FOUR.

I don't care if it's Boyata, Kolarov, Mangala and Sagna, just give the back four a fucking chance to bed in you dumb fuck.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:59 am

How do players in teh defensive unit (the back five at least) react to such a constant changing and chopping? If we have two ideal types, where there of course are positions in between depending on the factors, does it create tension between the players and the manager or is it just seen as part of the job?

SoF? Dazby? Anyone?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:How do players in teh defensive unit (the back five at least) react to such a constant changing and chopping? If we have two ideal types, where there of course are positions in between depending on the factors, does it create tension between the players and the manager or is it just seen as part of the job?

SoF? Dazby? Anyone?

Why would you randomly throw Dazby in there? Genuine question.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:13 pm

Wooders wrote:He should get a run of games now vinyl is allegedly out for the rest of the season - pellegrini needs to choose a back 4 for the rest of the season and stick with it - I am remaining optimistic about mangala

i'm pretty sure that Vinyl has been back in vogue for a few years and isn't in fact out for the season.

Hipster beards and fixed gear bikes were declared dead earlier in the week tho. Shoreditch wept.

I'll weep when they kill off classic new orleans style cocktails....then they're just showing off and picking a fight.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:13 pm

Mase wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:How do players in teh defensive unit (the back five at least) react to such a constant changing and chopping? If we have two ideal types, where there of course are positions in between depending on the factors, does it create tension between the players and the manager or is it just seen as part of the job?

SoF? Dazby? Anyone?

I thought the same thing, maybe cocacolajojo thinks the burger flipper is an ex pro footballer !!!!
Just to clear everything up , hes not...........................hes a part time fuckign burger flipper /village idiot who bores the shit out of all and sundry.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby twosips » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Mase wrote:

SoF? Dazby? Anyone?

Baffled me too that. Is he actually Simon Colosimo and only Cocacalojo knows?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:45 pm

twosips wrote:
Mase wrote:

SoF? Dazby? Anyone?

Haha! I still think Colosimo wasn't given a fair crack.

Could also be Danny Allsopp. Remember him?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Mase wrote:

SoF? Dazby? Anyone?

You have to play with a settled back line where you grow as a unit and you learn each other's games. I don't agree with all the chopping and changing that we are making and the proof is in the pudding. We are not a strong defensive unit and IMO this is down to the persitant changing of personnel, it just doesn't work and it's not working. Last season when had a settled back four we were solid and won game and kept clean sheets. 3 clean sheets in 19 games is horrific.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks for the reply sis but I guess my question is more about the relationship between the players and the coach when there's so much changing. Does it have any effect on the manager's credibility for example.

As for dazby, have I misunderstood something or does he not have experience of playing football on a level at least above the pub league As a keeper? usually makes decent and thought out views on goalkeepIng and defense regardless.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Mase wrote:
twosips wrote:
Mase wrote:

SoF? Dazby? Anyone?

Haha! I still think Colosimo wasn't given a fair crack.

Could also be Danny Allsopp. Remember him?!

Danny Allsop played a bit of a blinder in the reserves one time & I thought he was a bit unlucky not to get a bit of a chance. Not that he was any good but we had a few that weren't .

Aside: I spoke to Uwe Rosler one time & he said when he first signed for City he was absolutely gobsmacked by the quality of ball he received in the trial game he played & it was one of these fuckers like Alphonse Groenendijk. I can't remember if he was a City player at the time or also on trial, but Uwe was desperate that he should be playing alongside.

I remember at City training sessions, Uwe running to the car window asking Peter Beagrie 'how long ?' when he had a long term injury.

Partnerships clearly matter a lot, but in the modern game, it's not just Pellegrini you could criticise for rotating, it's almost everybody.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:50 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Thanks for the reply sis but I guess my question is more about the relationship between the players and the coach when there's so much changing. Does it have any effect on the manager's credibility for example.

As for dazby, have I misunderstood something or does he not have experience of playing football on a level at least above the pub league As a keeper? usually makes decent and thought out views on goalkeepIng and defense regardless.

You misunderstood..and playing any level of football in Australia is actually 3 standards below an English pub side.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Ok then, I'll rephrase;

SoF, Mase, anyone?

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Thanks for the reply sis but I guess my question is more about the relationship between the players and the coach when there's so much changing. Does it have any effect on the manager's credibility for example.

Dazby has coaching badges in GK so will have knowledge.

Sorry misunderstood. We have never had squads quite as big as the men's ones so rotation has never been an issue. But what is an issue is people that don't play. They can cause problems for any squad and can be poison in the dressing room. They niggle away with other people and can set bad vibes off.

They are always 100% convinced that they are better than what is playing and make it known to anyone that will listen. I imagine we have few of these snake types in our current squad. Not mentioning any names but one looks like a lesbian.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:43 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Ok then, I'll rephrase;

SoF, Mase, anyone?

I think it's just seen as part of the job mate. I did play in goal a couple of times for Westbury FC when I was a kid so if anyone on this site should know it's definitely me :)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:13 am

I think it's just seen as part of the job mate. I did play in goal a couple of times for Westbury FC when I was a kid so if anyone on this site should know it's definitely me :)

I played goalkeeper once when I was six and it left me with a bruised lip and a terrible fear of footballs moving towards me in high speed. I could've become great if it hadn't been for that traumatizing experience. My only remaining option is to tap into the collective wisdom of this board.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:14 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

I played goalkeeper once when I was six and it left me with a bruised lip and a terrible fear of footballs moving towards me in high speed. I could've become great if it hadn't been for that traumatizing experience. My only remaining option is to tap into the collective wisdom of this board.

So.....SoF then?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:17 am

Ssshhhh everyone, I want to hear what Dazby thinks
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:19 am

Wooders wrote:Ssshhhh everyone, I want to hear what Dazby thinks

shhhhhh everyone, I want to hear that Dazby thinks.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:35 am

Dazby is the Nigel Clough of the board. He'll be missing for a while.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum