Elaquim Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elaquim Mangala

Postby dazby » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:19 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
In my short-- relatively-- time as a city fan I haven't really felt the urge to hate the red scouse like I do now. This year made a believer outta me.

Yep, they're a bunch of fuclers alright.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:40 am

As a city fan of a long time, I don't think I've hated them as much as this season either. Even more than when they relegated us.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Breks » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
same as me at 21... and i am 6'3"
now a hefty 14.5 stone and 34"
still 6'3"

I'm 6'3" and 14.5 stone is skinny for that height. I am around 16st 10 but when I came back from Afghanistan I was down to 14st 11 and I looked ill.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:47 am

dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby aaron bond » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:00 am

aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:53 am

Said last night, I remember reading the same "really wants to go to Utd" about Nasri, Milner, Ya Ya, Clichy, Tevez, Adebayor and a few others.

Funny that papers still run these sorts of stories, as though Utd are still the big cheese. 2 weeks ago it was Chlesea he "really wanted to join" wasnt it?

Mangala, doesnt exactly aound like a Van Gaal type of player, given its a military style he operates.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:04 am

Seems he wants to go to Chelsea and United today. Amazing.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:09 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Said last night, I remember reading the same "really wants to go to Utd" about Nasri, Milner, Ya Ya, Clichy, Tevez, Adebayor and a few others.

Funny that papers still run these sorts of stories, as though Utd are still the big cheese. 2 weeks ago it was Chlesea he "really wanted to join" wasnt it?

Mangala, doesnt exactly aound like a Van Gaal type of player, given its a military style he operates.

It used to piss me off when we were the club on the rise in england... the papers constantly printed shite like everyone we have wants out and those we want would rather the rags.

Now that we are the best in england, whenever I read shite like this, it just brings a smile to my face because it is so obvious now, more than ever, what they are made of.
Original Dub

Postby blues2win » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:45 pm

The idea that any ambitious foreign player wants to go the rags rather than us is laughable. Even van Gaal says it will take two years to sort out the mess left by Whisky nose and Moyes. That's two years out of the CL or who knows more. Mangala may prefer a move to London but if he goes to Manchester he's going here. There are other fish in the sea, however, including Benatia and Marquinhos.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:20 pm

blues2win wrote:The idea that any ambitious foreign player wants to go the rags rather than us is laughable. Even van Gaal says it will take two years to sort out the mess left by Whisky nose and Moyes. That's two years out of the CL or who knows more. Mangala may prefer a move to London but if he goes to Manchester he's going here. There are other fish in the sea, however, including Benatia and Marquinhos.

i thought marquinhos was Barca-bound? was that just tittle tattle from the papers or something more?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:31 pm

First he said he'd rather live in London than Manchester, now the papers say he prefers the rags, due to their history. The later is most probably utter bull, but he's pissing me off already, the cheese eating surrender Frenchman.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:32 pm

Check him out at Seville away he was ripped to bits ! Not as long as he has a whole in his arse is he worth 30 mill, Lescott is better than him FACT. Cakey boy must be 130 mill.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:First he said he'd rather live in London than Manchester, now the papers say he prefers the rags, due to their history. The later is most probably utter bull, but he's pissing me off already, the cheese eating surrender Frenchman.

The story of him preferring to go to the rags than to us is a work of fiction. It was a story (with no quotations or anything to substantiate it) run in a concerted effort by certain rag-loving 'journalists' in the British media. They're hurting....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:43 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:First he said he'd rather live in London than Manchester, now the papers say he prefers the rags, due to their history. The later is most probably utter bull, but he's pissing me off already, the cheese eating surrender Frenchman.

as someone else mentioned....this is all part of what happens if players get caught in the City spiderwebs. Agents, the media, other clubs, perhaps even ourselves...put up a struggle/disinformation, etc...but in the end if they sign up for us, then...they sign up for us.

I trust the Count and his team to make the right decisions around CB. We all were shocked at MDM getting the nod over Lescott (well, except CARL) but it turned out to be a solid decision. Hard to argue with results.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Bollocks to the Quim.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby blues2win » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:58 pm

Marquinhos may well go to Barca but PSG definitely want rid. I don't think Mangala is by any means our only option.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby TheBlueCatsWhiskers » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:40 pm

DoomMerchant wrote: as someone else mentioned....this is all part of what happens if players get caught in the City spiderwebs. Agents, the media, other clubs, perhaps even ourselves...put up a struggle/disinformation, etc...but in the end if they sign up for us, then...they sign up for us. I trust the Count and his team to make the right decisions around CB. We all were shocked at MDM getting the nod over Lescott (well, except CARL) but it turned out to be a solid decision. Hard to argue with results. cheers

Agree totally
TheBlueCatsWhiskers
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chopper » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:28 pm

No Quim?

Bummer.
Chopper

My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:04 pm

telegraph reporting we've agreed with porto to a £32m fee.

up to chelsea now to see what happens next.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:33 pm

If he truly is waiting for Chelsea I'd tell him to fuck off. If he really 'wants London' in a country he's probably never been to, his small mind is better off elsewhere.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum