Elaquim Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elaquim Mangala

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:46 pm

Play along side Kompany or Cahill...............I know which I'd prefer
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:03 pm

john@staustell wrote:If he truly is waiting for Chelsea I'd tell him to fuck off. If he really 'wants London' in a country he's probably never been to, his small mind is better off elsewhere.

He has been to London he played against Arsenal in the Champions League in 2009 when he was with Standard Liege.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby blues2win » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Does anyone think Silva or Yaya were dying to come to City when they transferred. Most overseas imports are temporary mercenaries. Guys like Vinny and Zaba are the exception. If Mangala comes all we can ask is that he gives his all while the Club employs him. It would be in his interests to do so.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:30 pm

john@staustell wrote:If he truly is waiting for Chelsea I'd tell him to fuck off. If he really 'wants London' in a country he's probably never been to, his small mind is better off elsewhere.

Exactly.
I'd give him until 48 hours after he gets home from World Cup to sign. After that its goodnight and godbless
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:56 pm

France out. Hopefully we can get this sorted quickly now.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby phips » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:04 pm

one paper saying we agreed for Mangala and a few others saying we've agreed for Benatia but have to wait until Roma find a replacement. surely we're not signing both.

i wonder who it'll be.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:17 pm

He can't get into the France team ahead of Sakho (1 year older, cost half that & is a bit shit), Varane (2 years younger than him, cost a fraction as a teenager) & Koscielny (good, but not top drawer, cost about 10m a couple years ago) AND had a substandard season with Porto.

How the fuck is he worth anywhere near 30m?

Sorry, but we're mugs, if we're paying that in our situation.

Ludicrous.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby sheblue » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Correct
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:52 am

I still can't understand why City would want Mangala, when there are much better defenders like Benatia, who have supposedly expressed an interest in transferring to City! Mangala is definitely not worth the asking price that has been mentioned.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:55 am

gmercer1 wrote:Play along side Kompany or Cahill...............I know which I'd prefer

But when the question is Full season alongside Cahill or half a season with MDM & half season with Kompany it's a bit trickier question
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:08 am

If Benatia wasn't buggering off to the ACON in January he would appear far more attractive as a recruit.

As for Mangala, if he needs time to consider his options, then we shouldn't need anytime as that gives us our answer as to whether hes the right man for us or not.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:06 am

Fook that ACON shit.
Any player who intends on buggerin off to that mid season at a vital time should not be signed.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:56 pm

sheblue wrote:Fook that ACON shit.
Any player who intends on buggerin off to that mid season at a vital time should not be signed.

You might say any Englishman who pissed around wasting his time at the WC shouldn't be given extra time off this summer as well right? Seems about right.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

You might say any Englishman who pissed around wasting his time at the WC shouldn't be given extra time off this summer as well right? Seems about right.

England were considerate enough to exit early so they didn't mess our preseason up too much. Bit of a difference to a tournament held in the middle of our season though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:03 pm

Dameerto wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

England were considerate enough to exit early so they didn't mess our preseason up too much. Bit of a difference to a tournament held in the middle of our season though.

Players don't control that. Just because they are African and you see it as a mickey mouse tourney doesn't mean they feel that way. They are allowed their national pride despite all those facts aren't they?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:38 am

The argument isn't about the quality of the competition, it's about the timing. Stop making assumptions.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:17 am

JamieMCFC wrote:

He has been to London he played against Arsenal in the Champions League in 2009 when he was with Standard Liege.

Well that's it then.

So has he ever compared the route from Heathrow to Emirates with the route from Manchester Airport to Etihad?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:22 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:I still can't understand why City would want Mangala, when there are much better defenders like Benatia, who have supposedly expressed an interest in transferring to City! Mangala is definitely not worth the asking price that has been mentioned.

Not saying which one is better, I actually want someone better than either of them, but when Benatia was Mangala's age he was complete nobody in French second division.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Dameerto wrote:The argument isn't about the quality of the competition, it's about the timing. Stop making assumptions.

Fair enough. You want the Africans to play in the summer then? You Would Have To Basically Have it in the southern hemisphere. Seems unlikely.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Slim » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:26 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Dameerto wrote:The argument isn't about the quality of the competition, it's about the timing. Stop making assumptions.

Fair enough. You want the Africans to play in the summer then? You Would Have To Basically Have it in the southern hemisphere. Seems unlikely.

Different from playing a World Cup in the middle of Summer in Qatar how exactly?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum