Elaquim Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elaquim Mangala

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:12 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:this could be a better player then our Komp's from what i saw .

lets not get carried away

On the contrary, let's get carried away, just for once.

If he played for our neighbours he would already be better than Beckenbauer.

Isn't that the same Beckenbauer who was produced by the Scum's youth Academy ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:23 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:this could be a better player then our Komp's from what i saw .

Cause we've never done that before -cough- Michael Johnson -cough-
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:03 am

Slim wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:

Cause we've never done that before -cough- Michael Johnson -cough-

That Johnson lad will be the next Colin Bell!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:06 am

Ireland is super man.

Well actually more super noodles.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:

If he played for our neighbours he would already be better than Beckenbauer.

And they'd be looking to see if he had English grandparents.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Great debut can't wait to see more.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:17 pm

the real test for mangala will come when he plays without vinny. vinny makes everyone look better than they are (e.g. nastasic, lescott, boyata...).
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Bluedj » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:the real test for mangala will come when he plays without vinny. vinny makes everyone look better than they are (e.g. nastasic, lescott, boyata...).

If think he'll play along side MDM who'll play right centre half against Sheff Wed giving Vinny a rest, so we'll see how good he is without vinny
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:31 pm

not sure if its right to give him 2 games in a few days after he has not played for so long. I saw him get cramp after chelsea scored on Sunday. Need to handle with care.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Dedryk and MDM will be centre defence IMO.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:59 pm

Having only 3 CBs that we feel comfortable relying on is gonna be a big ask for them with the schedule of matches we have.

Assuming MDM and Boyata are CB tomorrow then Mangala and Vinnie will pair at Hull and then Vinny and MDM for Roma?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Hats off to the Count.

Throws him in vs the supposed champions & he is immaculate. Now he knows he can play vs any other team. I wouldn't have taken the gamble but he backed his judgement & now we have a major force next to Vinny & we have PACE.

Fernando in front of those two !

Nastasic got thrown in at a very deep end and looked pretty good...

Mangala was very impressive though and I like the way he played on the front foot - he was making some tackles in the centre circle. Wish he'd played against Stoke

Nastasic was fucking garbage imo.

It's just that people on here were determined to see a good performance in him & loathe to criticise Mancini at the time so the pair of them got away with it. He was dogshit v Aston Villa in the League Cup & rewarded by Mancini with a place at the Bernabau; one of the worst managerial decisions in history apart from Boyata vs Arsenal & Kolo Toure vs Bayern Munich.

In those days, all the stuff which people now see as utter weakling shite by Nastasic, were seen as understandable or not his fault.

But not by me. The way he let Benzema turn & then avoided the ball was fucking atrocious.

Mangala is clearly on another level & would be even if he had cost us 4 goals. He is just 'better' it's obvious within 30 seconds of watching him.

We have got something here.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:32 am

We can say right now that he has real pace is great in the air and strong in the tackle comfortable on the ball whilst keeping it simple. He's also left footed which is a big plus since it complements Vinny. He's not going to lose that suddenly from one match to the next. He seemed to have good judgement when to nip in and nick the ball when to stand off a bit and crucially quick thinking enough to spot danger and snuff it out. In other words he has all the ingredients to be one of the best defenders in european football for years to come.
Of course he's young and he will make some fuck ups. We need to be patient when that happens but it will be worth it.

Fernando and Mangala two buys Tzixi and Soriano sweated buckets to get over many months. They have been triumphantly vindicated.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:02 pm

blues2win wrote:Fernando and Mangala two buys Tzixi and Soriano sweated buckets to get over many months. They have been triumphantly vindicated.

After four competitive matches between the two of them? You're easily pleased.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:the real test for mangala will come when he plays without vinny. vinny makes everyone look better than they are (e.g. nastasic, lescott, boyata...).

i'd beg to disagree.

Many times....Vince the Prince has been propped up by Lescott, or MDM over the last couple seasons.

Vinny often makes an inferior player like Nastasic look better than he truly is, but he won't do the same with competent partners.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:49 pm

looked solid again tonight.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:54 pm

sheblue wrote:looked solid again tonight.

Barely anything do to and managed somehow to get himself booked. I suppose if he hadn't no-one would have known he was there.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Hats off to the Count.

Throws him in vs the supposed champions & he is immaculate. Now he knows he can play vs any other team. I wouldn't have taken the gamble but he backed his judgement & now we have a major force next to Vinny & we have PACE.

Fernando in front of those two !

Nastasic got thrown in at a very deep end and looked pretty good...

Mangala was very impressive though and I like the way he played on the front foot - he was making some tackles in the centre circle. Wish he'd played against Stoke

Nastasic was fucking garbage imo.

It's just that people on here were determined to see a good performance in him & loathe to criticise Mancini at the time so the pair of them got away with it. He was dogshit v Aston Villa in the League Cup & rewarded by Mancini with a place at the Bernabau; one of the worst managerial decisions in history apart from Boyata vs Arsenal & Kolo Toure vs Bayern Munich.

In those days, all the stuff which people now see as utter weakling shite by Nastasic, were seen as understandable or not his fault.

But not by me. The way he let Benzema turn & then avoided the ball was fucking atrocious.

Mangala is clearly on another level & would be even if he had cost us 4 goals. He is just 'better' it's obvious within 30 seconds of watching him.

We have got something here.

got to agree 100% about nasti. I don't get on players back - i only give stick where I feel there is unfair blue tinted specs. The other player in this camp is joe hart and got into an arguement with a blue behind me on saturday when he whispered something after i was livid that he was nowhere for Costa's chance.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Not sure yet, let's give him time to have a bad game. Let's face it, he's had time to to work out what he's doing and hasn't been thrown right into the fire.

Looking good at the mo but let a few things through. Hoping he is the future of our defence, especially after the reported billion pound payment ............ up-front of course; FFP and all that!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Spurge » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Slim wrote:
sheblue wrote:looked solid again tonight.

Barely anything do to and managed somehow to get himself booked. I suppose if he hadn't no-one would have known he was there.

had a better first half when he also thumped the post with a great effort. As you suggest he had bugger all to do second half and picked up a yellow, perhaps needs to ensure he maintains focus when not under pressure though it's a harsh criticism based on his first 180 mins for us
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum