Elaquim Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elaquim Mangala

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:43 am

Sorry misunderstood. We have never had squads quite as big as the men's ones so rotation has never been an issue. But what is an issue is people that don't play. They can cause problems for any squad and can be poison in the dressing room. They niggle away with other people and can set bad vibes off.

They are always 100% convinced that they are better than what is playing and make it known to anyone that will listen. I imagine we have few of these snake types in our current squad. Not mentioning any names but one looks like a lesbian.

OK, so shouldn't be a worry then, in fact it could possibly improve spirits as everybody gets a stab at playing :). Just curious really, find the dynamic of football squads kind of weird in teh sense that people are supposed to compete with each other but also root for each other, and as you say, some people are probably not that good at handling it. But don't you need to belive you're the best to be able to reach that level though?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Mangala was excellent today. Well done to the lad, mdm also was composed. Vinny should be nowhere near the starting 11 even if fit
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Mangala was excellent today. Well done to the lad, mdm also was composed. Vinny should be nowhere near the starting 11 even if fit

I agree. He's less nervous when Komps isn't playing. Not sure whether that's because Kompany is captain and he's worried about a bollocking if he messes up. Who knows. Decent performance today though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Agreed, mdm has been signed up for another season right? He has been the top centre half this season. His organizing the defence has been sorely missed.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:21 pm

I agree with most of what you're saying, but there's still a worrying degree of puppy about him. He runs around a lot, ended up on the left flank on several occassions which left Kolarov as a centre back. Not cool. I mean, fuck, he was great, but still, a season gone and the same type of.. well yeah, puppyishness about him. Needs to drop that.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:22 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:I agree with most of what you're saying, but there's still a worrying degree of puppy about him. He runs around a lot, ended up on the left flank on several occassions which left Kolarov as a centre back. Not cool. I mean, fuck, he was great, but still, a season gone and the same type of.. well yeah, puppyishness about him. Needs to drop that.

Season(ish) gone but he's not had masses of game time mind
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Mangala was excellent today. Well done to the lad, mdm also was composed. Vinny should be nowhere near the starting 11 even if fit

Yes Mangala was excellent today. Really good. I thought MDM did well generally but he did get caught in possession once or twice when it was needless. Personally, I'd like last season's Kompany back.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:I agree with most of what you're saying, but there's still a worrying degree of puppy about him. He runs around a lot, ended up on the left flank on several occassions which left Kolarov as a centre back. Not cool. I mean, fuck, he was great, but still, a season gone and the same type of.. well yeah, puppyishness about him. Needs to drop that.

It doesn't matter who's in central defence they will end up doing that on both sides, it's part of the covering and interchanging that we do when losing the ball.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:27 pm

It doesn't matter who's in central defence they will end up doing that on both sides, it's part of the covering and interchanging that we do when losing the ball.

Yeah you're right, it's deffo part of the game, but I just get the impression that he gets stuck there to a larger degree than he would need to and he seems to forget himself instead of seeking to switch back. Anyways, he had a good game, not gonna take that away from him.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Mase wrote:

I agree. He's less nervous when Komps isn't playing. Not sure whether that's because Kompany is captain and he's worried about a bollocking if he messes up. Who knows. Decent performance today though.

Did you both miss Demichelis several times giving the ball to the opposition as pretty much last man ? Why is that ok just because they weren't good enough to score ? He was one of West Ham's most creative players along with Zaba & unfortunately Navas at the death.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Anyhow Mangala is gradually coming to terms with City, as is Fernando. By the end of next season we should have two solid players there.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:05 pm

X2
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Played really well today despite playing with a gung-ho partner who was West Ham's best player.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:29 pm

He played well today,but Cole is shit.

This run in the team will do him a world of good as he has everything in his locker to be an incredible defender.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby freshie » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Anyhow Mangala is gradually coming to terms with City, as is Fernando. By the end of next season we should have two solid players there.

Yes, I thought both of them were excellent today. Very happy for them. I just wish we could perform like this more often, although it has to be said West Ham didn't really turn up. I only noticed Downing was on the pitch 70 mins into the match
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Spurge » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:37 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:He played well today,but Cole is shit.

This run in the team will do him a world of good as he has everything in his locker to be an incredible defender.

Irrespective he was in total control in everything he did. We had an excellent defensive line in the most part, they pushed up as a unit and caught whu offside time and time again.

Mangala would have been my mom, but Navas edged it on the basis that he had two assists, a good game but crucially wore good old traditional black boots - a rare commodity indeed and good to see!
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby michaelcityfan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:02 pm

I really thought that he looked worth the signing fee today very assured next season he should be even better I agree Fernando looked far better too. Just need to sign Benteke as a replacement for Dzeko and a few others well be back to our best
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Excellent performance today.
One of The Count's biggest mistakes I feel was not persevering with him when he had a couple of iffy performances early on. He has all the attributes.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Anyhow Mangala is gradually coming to terms with City, as is Fernando. By the end of next season we should have two solid players there.

Yep, and no big surprise.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby omega » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:17 pm

I thought Mangala played really well this afternoon and I'm convinced he will come good,at the end of the day he's a young lad learning his trade in a very competitive league.Even Fernando impressed and had a decent game.
omega
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nasri

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum