Elaquim Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elaquim Mangala

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:00 pm

I know my point of view on this is somewhat boring but I shudder at the thought of spending big money on defenders.

I'd much rather it be spent on some more attacking players/forwards and if this meant keeping Lescott, then so be it as we probably could do much worse.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Rag_hater wrote:This record breaking team is more than likely gonna win the prem and be better next year.Why people want us to try and improve it is a mystery

Not at all. Teams must constantly improve or go stale.
Original Dub

Postby bayblue » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Original Dub wrote: Not at all. Teams must constantly improve or go stale.

Agree.....and Chelsea will get better....and we want to win the Prem again plus the Champions League.
The season before this we didn't strengthen after winning the league and look what happened!
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:38 pm

For me the fact that most of our lads are under 30 and, the few who are over 30,look to have a few years left in them,makes me think that for a few years we should be putting our efforts into keeping this squad happy.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby 420[C]ity » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Benatia is Defintly one of the biggest standout improvement players of 13/14 and I've been shocked as to why no teams have been linked with him yet. Him and pjanic
420[C]ity
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Vincent kompany

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:10 pm

420[C]ity wrote:Benatia is Defintly one of the biggest standout improvement players of 13/14 and I've been shocked as to why no teams have been linked with him yet. Him and pjanic

Then u are not up to news , Benatia is on Barcelona ,PSG, Atletico Madrid, Juventus list and Pjanic well all this and Bayern even rags, spurs chase him for 3 4 years and Garcia had a choice to sell Lamela or Pjanic to them(poor Spurs).But if he moves he would go in PSG because he was guest few games there him and Benatia, but Roma want to keep him and Benatia( Garcia don't wanna stay if they sell those two players for next year CL) and offer 4 mill a year contract ,but Pjanic still did not sign and hes contract is until 2015.If u ask me we do not need player like Pjanic, we are cover there but Benatia, well i would love him here. Who can tell me here if u can compere Mangala to some defender in last 20 years witch would he most look like by style of play ?I agree with person up that this team just need to stay and it will get better and better but we can ignore that we are week at back and it cost us number of games.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby 420[C]ity » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:36 am

Cit.revenge wrote:Then u are not up to news , Benatia is on Barcelona ,PSG, Atletico Madrid, Juventus list and Pjanic well all this and Bayern even rags, spurs chase him for 3 4 years and Garcia had a choice to sell Lamela or Pjanic to them(poor Spurs).But if he moves he would go in PSG because he was guest few games there him and Benatia, but Roma want to keep him and Benatia( Garcia don't wanna stay if they sell those two players for next year CL) and offer 4 mill a year contract ,but Pjanic still did not sign and hes contract is until 2015.If u ask me we do not need player like Pjanic, we are cover there but Benatia, well i would love him here. Who can tell me here if u can compere Mangala to some defender in last 20 years witch would he most look like by style of play ?I agree with person up that this team just need to stay and it will get better and better but we can ignore that we are week at back and it cost us number of games.

No if we are to be a force in champions league we cannot rely on demi,and by far joleon. I belive in 2 seasons nastasic can grow top class like koscielny. Very similar dimensions
420[C]ity
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Vincent kompany

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:52 am

Feed the Quim
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:08 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:Feed the Quim

I just knew this thread would turn into a horror show of quimsical jokes.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:15 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:Feed the Quim

I just knew this thread would turn into a horror show of quimsical jokes.

Feed the Quim
Feed the Quim
Feed the Quim and you'll have scored
Feed the Quim and you'll have scored
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby aaron bond » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:30 pm

420[C]ity wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:Then u are not up to news , Benatia is on Barcelona ,PSG, Atletico Madrid, Juventus list and Pjanic well all this and Bayern even rags, spurs chase him for 3 4 years and Garcia had a choice to sell Lamela or Pjanic to them(poor Spurs).But if he moves he would go in PSG because he was guest few games there him and Benatia, but Roma want to keep him and Benatia( Garcia don't wanna stay if they sell those two players for next year CL) and offer 4 mill a year contract ,but Pjanic still did not sign and hes contract is until 2015.If u ask me we do not need player like Pjanic, we are cover there but Benatia, well i would love him here. Who can tell me here if u can compere Mangala to some defender in last 20 years witch would he most look like by style of play ?I agree with person up that this team just need to stay and it will get better and better but we can ignore that we are week at back and it cost us number of games.

No if we are to be a force in champions league we cannot rely on demi,and by far joleon. I belive in 2 seasons nastasic can grow top class like koscielny. Very similar dimensions

Hahaha...Nastasic...top class...

Good one! That made me chuckle.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:36 pm

420[C]ity wrote:

6'2" with a 30" waist? Cheers, Gok.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue May 20, 2014 5:36 pm

If he truly wants to go to Chelsea, who cares. We can find someone else
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Tue May 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Not sure he does want to go to Chelsea - asked about the choice, he said Chelsea is in London so would go there, he needs educating about Manchester, Greggs & Lowry that's all :)
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 20, 2014 8:52 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
420[C]ity wrote:

6'2" with a 30" waist? Cheers, Gok.

same as me at 21... and i am 6'3"
now a hefty 14.5 stone and 34"
still 6'3"
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 21, 2014 12:06 am

Saul Goodman wrote:If he truly wants to go to Chelsea, who cares. We can find someone else

You should check with phips just to be sure...
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 21, 2014 1:22 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
same as me at 21... and i am 6'3"
now a hefty 14.5 stone and 34"
still 6'3"

Sexy bitch.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 21, 2014 1:23 am

Original Dub wrote:
You should check with phips just to be sure...

A phips/Saul lovefest might be too much for the site to handle.

The struggle bus might be full if those two partner up at the same bus stop.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 21, 2014 7:59 am

Saul Goodman wrote:If he truly wants to go to Chelsea, who cares. We can find someone else

He was quoted in at least one paper as saying there were talks IN JANUARY but they fell through. Others left out the January bit for good 'snub City' effect.

I reckon we just told him to do one and moved on somewhere else in Jan.

We'll soon find out as both Soriano and Khaldoon have promised us the same early batch of signings.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby blues2win » Wed May 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Corriere della sera saying we're very interested in signing Mehdi Benatia who is on a pittance at the moment. Obviously we could offer a huge increase in pay plus a giant birthday cake. Problem is Roma will want a small fortune for him with Barca and the Rags also interested. We're all fishing in the same small pool so there are no bargains to be had. I still think the link between the Fernando and Mangala deals make this double much more likely but we absolutely have to have a plan B
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum