Elaquim Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elaquim Mangala

Postby Dimples » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:51 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Let's praise, but remember the likes of Zlatan & Costa are not running in behind, Bale and Tranny are far more of a threat to him and us, they run at you and beyond you. To stop that is a whole new ball game.

Yep. We need VK back for the CL. For me Mangala plays ahead of Otamendi.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:04 pm

Dimples wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Let's praise, but remember the likes of Zlatan & Costa are not running in behind, Bale and Tranny are far more of a threat to him and us, they run at you and beyond you. To stop that is a whole new ball game.

Yep. We need VK back for the CL. For me Mangala plays ahead of Otamendi.

Vinnie sprinting after Ronaldo or Bale is a definite injury. Id give him 25 mins.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PrezIke » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Blackadder wrote:I'm not ready yet to agree that Zaba's form is down to age. Isn't Sagna older? I would put it down more to having an injury-ridden season.

Possibly a factor, but reality is sometimes aging comes earlier than for others. Also, Sanga always had more pace than Zaba, who was never the quickest fullback. He has relied more on his intelligence/positional sensibility and work rate. Sometimes age just comes on quite rapidly. Hard to know, but he's been a great servant to the club and will always be revered regardless.

We will have new starting fullbacks next year, if Pep goes with 4 at the back.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:25 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Blackadder wrote:I'm not ready yet to agree that Zaba's form is down to age. Isn't Sagna older? I would put it down more to having an injury-ridden season.

Possibly a factor, but reality is sometimes aging comes earlier than for others. Also, Sanga always had more pace than Zaba, who was never the quickest fullback. He has relied more on his intelligence/positional sensibility and work rate. Sometimes age just comes on quite rapidly. Hard to know, but he's been a great servant to the club and will always be revered regardless.

Yeah Sagna's a more natural athlete than Zaba so fitness comes easier. I think the fact that Zaba got that injury( the same injury that fucked Micah's career )late in his career has screwed him, he's definitely lost half a yard, which is sad to see.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Yeah Sagna's a more natural athlete than Zaba so fitness comes easier. I think the fact that Zaba got that injury( the same injury that fucked Micah's career )late in his career has screwed him, he's definitely lost half a yard, which is sad to see.

I disagree. Zaha is an athlete. He is not as quick at sprinting as sagna but he can put in a lung busting 90 minutes providing attack and defensive cover with more overlaps with navas than sagna. He didn't have a good game on saturday, but he is not finished.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:43 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

I disagree. Zaha is an athlete. He is not as quick at sprinting as sagna but he can put in a lung busting 90 minutes providing attack and defensive cover with more overlaps with navas than sagna. He didn't have a good game on saturday, but he is not finished.

Wouldn't say he's finished either but think he's on the slide. As for the lung busting, that's always been more to do with his attitude than fitness for me.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Wouldn't say he's finished either but think he's on the slide. As for the lung busting, that's always been more to do with his attitude than fitness for me.

you can't apply your attitude without the fitness to back it up, so...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:02 am

Zabba has been flogged, To tired to have a shave. Been a top player sad to see him leave if the rumours are true.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:02 pm

I'm sure that given a run and time to play himself back into form (ok we haven't got that time right now) that Zabba would be fine just like many many other MCFC write offs. So far this season the following have been written off of which most have gone on to prove the doubters (myself included) wrong:

Hart
Cabellero
Zabba
Kompany
MDM
Kola
Clichy
Fernando
Yaya
Nasri
Silva
Navas
Sterling
Bony
Pellers

Pretty shite "support" when you look at it like that.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:35 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I'm sure that given a run and time to play himself back into form (ok we haven't got that time right now) that Zabba would be fine just like many many other MCFC write offs. So far this season the following have been written off of which most have gone on to prove the doubters (myself included) wrong:

Hart
Cabellero
Zabba
Kompany
MDM
Kola
Clichy
Fernando
Yaya
Nasri
Silva
Navas
Sterling
Bony
Pellers

Who's written him off?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:13 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I'm sure that given a run and time to play himself back into form (ok we haven't got that time right now) that Zabba would be fine just like many many other MCFC write offs. So far this season the following have been written off of which most have gone on to prove the doubters (myself included) wrong:

Bony

Hes fuckign shit.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Hart
Cabellero
Zabba
Kompany
MDM
Kola
Clichy
Fernando
Yaya
Nasri
Silva
Navas
Sterling
Bony
Pellers

Don't forget the whole season has been written off too.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

Hart
Cabellero
Zabba
Kompany
MDM
Kola
Clichy
Fernando
Yaya
Nasri
Silva
Navas
Sterling
Bony
Pellers

Don't forget the whole season has been written off too.

You are going to need therapy when the cake guzzler is sold.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Who's written him off?

In fairness not you. Plenty of others though.
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Don't forget the whole season has been written off too.

Too true (and I was a culprit)
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Bony

Hes fuckign shit.

hahaha
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dimples » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:55 pm

Watching City playing only in the CL it would be difficult to write anybody off.
The opposite watching them in the PL - shocking, absolutely shocking.

That takes me back to the 'attitude' issue again.
I think the squad is lacking something, I can't define it, drive, leadership, passion, ambition, agression...?

But I think a couple of hard men (who can lead and play) might sort it out.
People like, Pearce, Smith, Souness, Butcher, Bremner, Giles, Keane...

Does Pep believe in hard men?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Dimples wrote:Watching City playing only in the CL it would be difficult to write anybody off.

I think the squad is lacking something, I can't define it, drive, leadership, passion, ambition, agression...?

He does, flaccid men just don't do it for him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dimples » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Dimples wrote:Watching City playing only in the CL it would be difficult to write anybody off.

He does, flaccid men just don't do it for him.

:)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Hart
Cabellero
Zabba
Kompany
MDM
Kola
Clichy
Fernando
Yaya
Nasri
Silva
Navas
Sterling
Bony
Pellers

It's not fair to leave Fernandhino out, so I'm going to write him off too.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:35 pm

I don't think hard men really excist in modern football anymore. I would love a Roy Keane type player in his prime at City, he took no shit and gave it out in spades. Yeah he stepped over the line but he was a great player and drove that team forward.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

I don't think hard men really excist in modern football anymore. I would love a Roy Keane type player in his prime at City, he took no shit and gave it out in spades. Yeah he stepped over the line but he was a great player and drove that team forward.

They're few and far between, the game's been sanitised that much that there's no place for them. That said whenever I've seen Veratti he seems to have a bit of that in him and our own Jack Byrne too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum