Disillusioned Dippers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Disillusioned Dippers

Postby CuteMancs » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:40 pm

The view from the [strike]Away[/strike] Home End

***WARNING***

Do not read this if you have high blood pressure....You have been warned!

Normally I try and put something here, but all I can say is cunts...

COME ON CITY !!!

Team Selection

-------------Mingolet---------------

Johnson----Skrtel------Agger--Flannagan

-----------------Gerrard----------------

----Henderson------------------Allen-----

-------------------Sterling----------------
------------Sturridge-------Suarez-------

I don't like any of these comments...but, if I must

Exactly how I feel. If we get shafted again in a match of this magnitude it will be too much to take

And the rest...

City will be thankful for the delay. Most visiting teams at Anfield are 2-0 down after seven minutes.

Clattenburg is decent. Happy with that appointment

Thank fuck it's Clattenburg to be honest!

Should be a cracking atmosphere, after watching them play Southampton at the weekend they won't of heard anything like it.

Plenty of options for Rodgers to choose from, 4-3-3 or the diamond, Coutinho or Sterling, Allen or Lucas, Agger or Sakho our squad has really come together at just the right time

You can't really complain about getting the ref who gave us 3 penalties at Old Trafford. 

I really can't wait for this

That corridor of space between Toure and Demichelis imo could be the key if we can get Sterling in there to receive the ball and run at Demichelis. Suarez`s free-kicks havent been working lately but they might be our best chance in a game with everything at stake.

Toure as brilliant as he is at times can be a proper lazy f*cker and we need to take advantage of that as much as we can.

If I was Brendan I`d be telling our forwards to stay away from Kompany and focus on getting at Demichelis and Kolarov

Atmosphere is going to be the best the league has ever seen

Man City have a poor record at Anfield. They haven't won here in over ten years, even when we've been in decline and they've had oil money fuelling their squads. For all the cash they've had injected, let us not forget that they are still Manchester City, a club with disaster written in it's DNA. They put up a feeble fight against Barcelona in the Champions League and Mourinho's Chelsea twice outplayed them in the league. Even Arsenal, in the midst of their most spectacular annual decline for years, managed to take a point from them. This side is certainly beatable

Clattenburg, decent appointment IMO

Was hoping for Clattenburg or Dowd so that's good news.  Hopefully it will be Dowd for the Chelsea game.  Looks like the FA have caught on regards to Webb and Mason Reffing our big games hopefully

I feel so much calmer now knowing that we have Clattenburg in charge, reckon we'll get at least 1 pen...which Stevie will bury of course! 3-1 to us!

Clattenburg's alright with me. Winds up the bitters too.

Seven reasons we should be very  optimistic...

1- We played them at their ground at Christmas, without Daniel Sturridge and were mightily unlucky not to win, let alone to get nothing from the game. Dominant performance, poor refereeing, conceded a poor second goal
2- Since that day Liverpool look a much better team, while City look about the same at best, slightly jaded at worst
3- Sergio Aguero their top scorer is not fit, and if by some miracle he does play, is not match sharp

4- City's away performance at Arsenal was turgid. A poor Arsenal team kept them very quiet and once they equalised City looked tired and ready to settle for a draw.

5- City have lost or drawn half of their away fixtures this year

6- Our approach to playing top teams at Anfield this year, which amounts to "shock and awe", has proven extremely successful, the players will be confident they can beat anyone at Anfield now

7- Its a special day for more reasons than a football game, and the atmosphere will be unlike anything any City fans have experienced before.

...and of course our players and our manager.

Lucas did a job on Silva a couple of seasons ago...if Rodgers thinks he's fit/sharp enough then he'd be ideal

25 years for Hillsborough, possible title deciding game, at home, with our forward line, with those beautiful 96 angels looking over us, you could say its made for us to win and to go on and win the title, football doesn't half create movie like stories, i think this could be another one....

Please destroy these c*nts, i'll take any win right now but I hope we put a few goals past them.

I hope Brendan plays the diamond formation so we can control the game, debating whether Lucas should start over Coutinho..

It's simple - we beat them 3-0 and we have the upper hand on points and goal difference.

Not sure I share the enthusiasm for Clattenburg - he's one of the better refs but he did just recently give us an absolutely UNHEARD of 3 penalties at OT, and he might be a little more on the reluctant side to award us anything should he come under lots of scrutiny. I mean if it's stonewall I reckon he has the balls to do it, but I can see some 50-50s not quite falling our way

My prediction for this game is that City will get a straight red pretty early and the flood gates will open

I feel less pressure than I did going into the West Ham game to be honest.  I can see an opening 20 minutes like the one we saw against Arsenal, the new rich kids will be waanting to head back down the East Lancs by half-time

Think we'll make them look like a pub team. I cannot see any team- not even Barca- being ready for Sunday. They'll walk out there having suffered like few have suffered in the history of Football. 4 - 0 and an 8-point swing in GD!

I despise city and their sense of entitlement.  I'm sure they have a few decent fans out there but they do a good job hiding behind the shithouses.  I remember being at their souless bowl stadium a few years ago, two nil down at half time, listening to them singing "we've got Robinho" and "we'll buy your club, and burn it down".  Horrible Manc bastards.  Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt say hello you horrible incestous rabble

This game is massive

The expensive toys will buckle under pressure. They are bound to be. It will be a good learning for them as to who are the men of Football in this country. On top of it, I cant fathom them to be Champions of English football after spending as much as they did and succumbing home and away to Barca. City always failed in Europe. They don't deserve this title and will get a check of reality on what Championship material is all about. I see a comfortable win for us

I think City have the bigger pressure here. They don't need to win and may come for the draw in fear of giving something away which might play into our hands

Aguero is back however he has not started a game since his comeback so maybe he will start on the bench but im sure Skrtel will take care of Dzeko just like he did with Carroll

Navas is no match for Flanno strength-wise, I think he'll cope much better with the physical battle.

The crowd need to make City shit themselves. They are used to playing at a Library

I hope people realise just how big this game is.

Scratch under the surface and there are many a similarity to a certain match that took place in 2005. Liverpool, playing at Anfield, having overcome some severe tests to get there, taking on a team in blue, a club bankrolled by some of the richest people on the planet. Liverpool, the supposed underdog. That Champions League semi final second leg at home to Chelsea in 2005 didn't win us the title we later went on to claim, but it certainly will be looked back on almost equally as fondly a night.
If we go on to win the Premier League in 2014, I'm convinced we would need to have beaten Manchester City en route, and if that so happens then we will be looking back on that game as the biggest one on the way to our success, just like the Chelsea game in '05.

It will be super, duper difficult. City have lost one league game since November 10th, that coming at the hands of Chelsea back in February. They won the League Cup and were knocked out of two other competitions that exposed certain shortcomings, but their league form for the best part of five months has been nothing short of sensational.
They won't be looking forward to visiting Anfield though, you can bet on that. For all their consistency in that period, we are the undisputed form team of 2014. 12 wins and two draws in the league since the turn of the year, a sequence of nine consecutive wins coming in to this one. A number of their players, notably Nasri and Kompany, have suggested we are the best team they have played this season. Yaya Toure has mentioned a couple of times in the past how tough he finds it to play Liverpool. And yet, while those Liverpool teams (albeit a similar or the same bunch of players) presented a real challenge to City, the 2014 Liverpool is even better. Preceding this year we could only win one way, and that was by playing teams off the park.
Now we have more in our locker. We can still do that, or we can beat you when playing below par, we can beat you coming from behind, we can beat you in the face of adversity with bad decisions going against us. So what's it going to be? Because if City want to win this match then they sure as hell are going to need to earn it.

Aguero, Yaya Toure, Kompany, Silva - all world class players, but Suarez, Gerrard, Skrtel and Coutinho have been their match or more since 2014 rolled around. Negredo, Nasri, Fernandinho, Hart - all very good players in their own right, but then we have Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson and Mignolet all in top form themselves. The only area City have been stronger than Liverpool in during our mammoth run has been fullback, with Zabaleta and to a lesser extent Kolarov impressing, but does the latter have the desire of Jon Flanagan to get the job done this Sunday, and if Glen Johnson is on form then he's every bit the player Zabaleta is.

But that's all individual kerfuffle. Fact is, we're a team, and a fucking good one at that. City boast a tad more flair but you would be hard pressed to tell their players want this title more than Liverpool.
Yes, the City bench is full of top internationals, whereas ours is rather weak in comparison, but do they have a morale-boosting beaming smiling Iago Aspas as cheerleader? No, they do not.
There is an insane drive in our ranks at the moment reminiscent of that shown in phases of the 2005 Champions League run, and see where that got us.

I'm not downplaying Manchester City. They are a brilliant side, managed by a likeable guy in Pellegrini who has taken them up a notch this season. They rip teams apart when playing well and they win plenty of games when they're not.
But they are beatable, and I think their kryptonite is our strength. We've outplayed them to varying extents the three occasions in which we've met them under Rodgers - both 2-2 draws last season, which we gifted them late points due to idiocy, and in the 2-1 reverse this campaign where we were undone by bad decisions from the officials and erratic finishing from ourselves. But the point is they struggle against teams with relentless levels of energy. Southampton are the nearest thing to us in that respect, albeit with lesser quality players, and they have really given City some games over the last year.
City beat teams that sit off them because they have the guile to get through two banks of four, but get in their faces (in a strategized way, of course) and they may be prone to crumble from time to time.

I suspect Aguero will start despite his injury layoff.
Feels like his return has been held back with this game in mind. Might not get the full 90, mind. I think Pellegrini will abandon the 4-2-2-2 they have so often utilised this season, instead opting for a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 type formation with Toure, Fernandinho, Silva and Nasri potentially joined by one of Javi Garcia or Navas in place of a second striker. Interestingly they drafted in Lescott for Demichelis when we met on Boxing Day, presumably under the impression he was better suited to dealing with Suarez, but Demichelis has been earning better reviews of late so I think he will start this one for them. SAS need to isolate him whenever possible.

They score lots of well worked team goals.
I've noticed they are particularly fond of the cutback from wide areas, with the likes of Toure and Aguero knowing where to place themselves, so we'll have to be wary of that. Kolarov cooks a mean delivery from wide, mind, so we need to try and stem that tide; his crosses are very dangerous.

Rodgers has some big calls to make. Sakho and Lucas came in from the cold at West Ham on Sunday and performed admirably.
But Agger may be back, and Coutinho has been especially good in games at Anfield. Allen was due to start against the Hammers, but I'm not so sure we'll him from the getgo in a home game where the onus is on us. Sterling deserves to keep his place, he's been great and also gave Kolarov a torrid time in December. Whatever the team, I'll have confidence in us being able to get the job done.
We have 14 top players and 11 will be picked.

The Hillsborough anniversary looms. Gerrard is old enough and experienced enough to channel his emotions to work positively, I think, and hopefully Flanagan can do likewise.

A win on Sunday would be a perfect tribute to the 96. It would also put us in the driver's seat as far as the Premier League title race goes.

Over to you, Tricky Reds. Get it done, by hook or by crook

Brendan is due a win against these. Should have beaten them the three times we've played them under BR. Now's the time, we're going to beat them

I really want us to win this match. Don't even care if we don't win the league after this(Maybe I do want to win it as well ). Just don't want Manchester City to win it. Everyone prefers City over Chelsea due to Mourinho. For me, somehow it is the opposite, I just don't like Manchester City. I would love to see them not win anything more this season

City are going to batter us. They have bigger, stronger players all over the pitch. Kompany will boss Sturridge and Suarez. Yaya and Silva will make Skrtel and Sakho look like Ruddock and Dicks. They've been here before with the same group of players. This is all new to our players and they wont be able to handle the pressure. This will be the game where I can finally hold my head up high and say "I fucking told you so"

We're gonna twat these c*nts.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Disillusioned Dippers

Postby Lee_R » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:05 pm

I only had to read the title. Which is a spot on summary.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Holy shit!!! Well after reading that they deserve to beat us at least 10-0.

I thought rag fans we complete and utter tossers (which they are) but this pricks are right up there with them!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby freshie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Lee_R wrote:I only had to read the title. Which is a spot on summary.

Wouldn't "deluded" be more apt?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:38 pm

Cunts
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:48 pm

funny how even the dipper cunts themselves know they've been sucked off by the officials this season.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:49 pm

And we've still got 3 days to go. I'm not sure if the Dippers are uber confident on they're trying to put on a face, trying to talk their team into a win.

One thing I will say is that they have a real chance of the title but I'm not sure if the bravado is all what it's meant to be. Take the 'They beat us at Christmas when we were without Sturridge'. If I'm going to place a huge significance to a game I like to counter the evidence with the oppo's pov. Yes, they had Sturridge out but at the same time we had Aguero out, both real misses for their respective teams.

Then there's the game ratio over that period. We played 10 games in a 33 day period leading up to that match and I had real concerns going into it knowing that they'd played 3 games less in the same period. Funnily enough, we went on to win it and they had Chelsea soon after, just like they have this time.

I don't mind optimism but the Scouse Rags seem to be living in a bubble where nothing can go wrong. Now, I'm not going to say we will win this and I won't say we'll lose it as I think it's just too hard to call. It's going to be a nail-biting run-up to the game and I don't think anybody can forecast how it's going to start and end. I play it in my mind and there seems to be a different scenario every time whether it be our forwards, their forwards, midfield against midfield or defensive errors, it's just too hard to call. How they can be so confident is just mind-boggling. Either that or it's them feeling scared and trying to block it out with hyper-happy delusion.

And please, don't get me started on those cunts who are using the 96 to spur them on, those fuckers have no grace or humility whatsoever.

CUNTS!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Lee_R » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:04 pm

freshie wrote:

I suppose. Picky bum.. smelly fingers.
Lee_R

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Whassat » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:55 pm

Lee_R wrote:
freshie wrote:

I suppose. Picky bum.. smelly fingers.

That made for a depressing read. Deluded is the word alright.

You'd thought that the title is all theirs allready...
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:20 pm

I had to laugh at the poster who said they might not get some 50-50s - that's why they're called 50-50, pal.

I'm also looking forward yo this:

Atmosphere is going to be the best the league has ever seen

Best atmosphere in well over 100 years!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Bear60 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:22 pm

I got as far as Clattenburg is decent then I felt sick and couldn't read no more I hope we anhialate these fuckers just like we did to the rags at the Swamp two seasons ago wouldn't that be great to stand back and listen to the whole of the football nation having an inquest for the dippers
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:36 pm

I just hope they've all managed to get a ticket this time.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ashton287 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:42 pm

The best thing about that is the hatred they have for us. We have no kind of rivalry beyond playing in the same league as them yet they all hate us.

They just hate anyone who wins anything. Like little kids, green eyed little bellends. Can't wait to beat them now. Fucking jealous little cunts. Shows how much their "history" really means to them.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby budfox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:I just hope they've all managed to get a ticket this time.

Superb.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Kev

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Steady boys thread will get locked :-0
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Breks » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:I just hope they've all managed to get a ticket this time.

It wasn't their fault
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby clevblue » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:And we've still got 3 days to go. I'm not sure if the Dippers are uber confident on they're trying to put on a face, trying to talk their team into a win.

One thing I will say is that they have a real chance of the title but I'm not sure if the bravado is all what it's meant to be. Take the 'They beat us at Christmas when we were without Sturridge'. If I'm going to place a huge significance to a game I like to counter the evidence with the oppo's pov. Yes, they had Sturridge out but at the same time we had Aguero out, both real misses for their respective teams.

Then there's the game ratio over that period. We played 10 games in a 33 day period leading up to that match and I had real concerns going into it knowing that they'd played 3 games less in the same period. Funnily enough, we went on to win it and they had Chelsea soon after, just like they have this time.

I don't mind optimism but the Scouse Rags seem to be living in a bubble where nothing can go wrong. Now, I'm not going to say we will win this and I won't say we'll lose it as I think it's just too hard to call. It's going to be a nail-biting run-up to the game and I don't think anybody can forecast how it's going to start and end. I play it in my mind and there seems to be a different scenario every time whether it be our forwards, their forwards, midfield against midfield or defensive errors, it's just too hard to call. How they can be so confident is just mind-boggling. Either that or it's them feeling scared and trying to block it out with hyper-happy delusion.

And please, don't get me started on those cunts who are using the 96 to spur them on, those fuckers have no grace or humility whatsoever.

CUNTS!

excellent post!!
clevblue
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby AG7 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:47 am

It's funny how not one of them mentions that for them it's a MUST WIN game if they want to harbour any more thoughts of the Title while for us it's only a MUST NOT LOSE ... so who is the pressure more on?

Plus I think one early goal from us ... or even a lack of goal from them in the first half hour and that whole 'atmosphere' will turn onto them with frustration and fear of the league (that they apparently have won already) slipping right through their fingers ...

Early goal for us and that'll calm everyone down nicely ... that's the key for me this Sunday ... so c'mon City!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby michaelcityfan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:47 am

Time we beat this lot at their ground. They think they are going to win, if they don't get given a penalty I think we will prevail. Clattenburg is the stooge provided to help them win. Lawro forecasts 1-1.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Breks » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:59 am

Apparently the dippers are parading the Premier League trophy before the game. It will be a bit like bullseye for us "look what you could have won". Proper gutted we couldn't push them a bit more. I'm not watching the game as we all know Liverpool have already won. Never mind I'm going to watch the golf instead.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum