Disillusioned Dippers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Disillusioned Dippers

Postby Florida Blue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Crossie wrote:Even if they beat us they have to hold their nerve in the run in. We have a slightly easier run in basically because of their Chelsea game.

Its one thing getting pumped up for a home game to beat your rivals for the league, but what about those away games vs relegation scrappers? Totally different, nerves creep in, "we only need to win 3 more games" - well go on then, win them, not that easy mentally when you are hanging onto something rather than chasing it.

We have recent experience of doing this. They don't.

I love this, because two seasons ago it was ALL we heard. You have no experience. Let's look at reality, this is not an easy fixture for either side, as a couple of you have said it is a MUST WIN for them. Let's assume they do beat us, what are the odds of them bottling the next match after such an emotional high? I was suggest that they will struggle in their next two matches no matter the result. Either out of pity for losing tomorrow or fear of blowing the clear shot they would now have at the title. This game is not the end of our season title hopes if they lose, but it probably is the end of theirs as Chelsea will smell blood.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:All of you who think Liverpool winning the league would be a better outcome than Chelsea or Arsenal, are you starting to get it now ? That is not even scratching the surface. Do not fall for the pat on the head 'we both hate ManU' bollocks.

Notice how many times they mention the ref & penalties as well ?

Is there a thread in the history of this board where we go into a big game talking about winning fucking penalties FFS !!??

They talk of their 'istree' well that's what it's full of; dodgy fucking decisions & a sense that they are owed it.

Spot on. Football would be poorer for a dipper title win. These fuckers are still down from their perch and we need to boot them fucking hard to make sure they stay there

Fucking Rogers today saying we have bought the title. Pressure on is it Brendan? Cunt
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Spot on. Football would be poorer for a dipper title win. These fuckers are still down from their perch and we need to boot them fucking hard to make sure they stay there

Fucking Rogers today saying we have bought the title. Pressure on is it Brendan? Cunt

They are doing it the liverpool way.

Have some fucking respect.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:00 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Original Dub wrote:

The fucking liverpool way. Cheating and pillaging. And as for the academy. Thats a laugh. Biggest chequebook merchants throughout 70s, 80s, 90s and have still spent a shedload since turn of century.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Redna » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Not a single soft spot for them anywhere.
CTID!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Original Dub wrote:

The fucking liverpool way. Cheating and pillaging. And as for the academy. Thats a laugh. Biggest chequebook merchants throughout 70s, 80s, 90s and have still spent a shedload since turn of century.

They bought every trophy in those years with the money pumped in by Littewoods, the fucking degenerates. And apparently the right way is now to be owned by parasites.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:13 am

dario2739 wrote:Just remember boys we ruined the rags big Munich anniversary I have a feeling in my water that we're gonna spoil the dippers anniversary aswell!

This was my first thought, thrash em and sing 'we are impeccable' at full time.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fesan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:53 am

First game in recent memory where I dont carw about 3 points, i just want to win to shut all those idiots up.

Im sure there are plenty of level headed liverpool supporters out there, but the media frenzy and bile is really getting to me.

Problem is we cant win. Even if we smash them like Keys&Gray you know it'll be "moneybags city beat moral winners" and the comments from the same people saying we have a slightly better team on paper but worse teamplay will be "this win was nothing short of what they should be doing every week".
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby mr_nool » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Guess they weren't that delusional.
And I'm now feeling quite disillusioned.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:18 pm

mr_nool wrote:Guess they weren't that delusional.
And I'm now feeling quite disillusioned.

Not disillusioned, just a bit lost.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Whassat » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:36 pm

mr_nool wrote:Guess they weren't that delusional. And I'm now feeling quite disillusioned.

Yeah...
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby ruralblue » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:45 pm

Milner coming on. Presume navas is going off.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby ruralblue » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:45 pm

ruralblue wrote:Milner coming on. Presume navas is going off.

Dick wrong thread. Sorry!
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum