Disillusioned Dippers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Disillusioned Dippers

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:33 am

bigblue wrote:Cunts
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Crossie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:42 am

Even if they beat us they have to hold their nerve in the run in. We have a slightly easier run in basically because of their Chelsea game.

Its one thing getting pumped up for a home game to beat your rivals for the league, but what about those away games vs relegation scrappers? Totally different, nerves creep in, "we only need to win 3 more games" - well go on then, win them, not that easy mentally when you are hanging onto something rather than chasing it.

We have recent experience of doing this. They don't.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Breks » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:02 am

Crossie wrote:Even if they beat us they have to hold their nerve in the run in. We have a slightly easier run in basically because of their Chelsea game.

Its one thing getting pumped up for a home game to beat your rivals for the league, but what about those away games vs relegation scrappers? Totally different, nerves creep in, "we only need to win 3 more games" - well go on then, win them, not that easy mentally when you are hanging onto something rather than chasing it.

If they beat us? They have beaten us and won the league. Do you not read the papers, listen to the radio or watch ssn? It's over! We need to focus on next season and rebuild in summer in order to compete with the mighty red scouse!
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:09 am

freshie wrote:
Lee_R wrote:I only had to read the title. Which is a spot on summary.

Wouldn't "deluded" be more apt?

Or 'delusional'.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:09 am

I love the way City fans are now saying we have experience of the run in. When Utd were spouting shit like this we were in uproar about how it doesnt matter as we have the players blah blah blah
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:24 am

Wonderwall wrote:I love the way City fans are now saying we have experience of the run in. When Utd were spouting shit like this we were in uproar about how it doesnt matter as we have the players blah blah blah

Yeah, but we have the players AND the experience!

Gerrard will know what it takes to keep nerve until the end, with having done so in several cups, including the champions league final in istanbul.

Other than him, I can't see (m)any liverpool players with the experience of going for a major trophy.
Original Dub

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:38 am

Good job by CM again - but he would have needed to set out about 4 pages of their bile to really give a flavour of their contempt for all things CITY. If someone wants to lose an hour of their life - check out the general city thread and the matchday thread on their RAWK site - they pour out total and utter contempt for CITY and our fans.

Irony is clearly not understood as they flood pages and pages with extreme examples from Bluemoon to show what arrogant classless cunts we all are - whilst making exactly the same type of comments that they think those few examples make us 'classless'

They are clearly the 'deserved' champions in waiting and our team are just a bunch of bottlers from a soulless club with shite fans. I find a somewhat bad taste from their shameless milking of the Hillsborough anniversary and how they fully expect that to provide an advantage - with comments along the lines (before Twatenburg was appointed) of............. it will take a brave ref to not give us the calls on the anniversary...... being common.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Just seen a premier league preview show over here in the US and this game was top billing. Unbiased preview given by Jason McAteer.

Oh and you know how Liverpool use 'shock and awe' to beat the big teams (not sure which ones though? Arsenal, Spurs and the Rags who us and Chelsea beat comprehensively as well?), well the stats back that up - they've scored 12 in the first 15 minutes of games which is pretty impressive. In fact, it's the second best record in the league. Beaten only by us who've scored 13 in two less games. But hey, this season is all about the champions, the history, Stevie G and the angels.

Someone pass me a fucking bucket.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:26 pm

Crossie wrote:Even if they beat us they have to hold their nerve in the run in. We have a slightly easier run in basically because of their Chelsea game.

I would rather play Chelsea at home than Everton away. And that's without taking consideration the fact Chelsea's CL semi-finals are right before And after the pool game
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

I would rather play Chelsea at home than Everton away. And that's without taking consideration the fact Chelsea's CL semi-finals are right before And after the pool game

Tbh I'm much happier playing Everton in a game of football than the ref baiting fouling shite Moyes used to aim at us. I think we have a good chance of winning that & if Everton do out football us, then fair play to them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Jorgobot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:51 pm

Hahahaha we'll buy your club and burn it
Jorgobot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Date I say it? Ronaldo!?

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:02 pm

If this week is all about the 96 Angels(c), why release the new shirt?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Twobob » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:If this week is all about the 96 Angels(c), why release the new shirt?

Because they are just like the rags - use the death of 96 people to promote their new shirts - must be the earliest shirt release known!

But its ok they have JFT96 on the back of them ...

Trawling through a dire-tribe of scouse FB propaganda bullshit from a lad I know who isn't even scouse, i need to keep calm and wait - i hope we beat them and then the whole lot of shite will be rolled up and shoved down his pecker throat.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby dario2739 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Just remember boys we ruined the rags big Munich anniversary I have a feeling in my water that we're gonna spoil the dippers anniversary aswell!
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Wheres that film with all those d-list brooky twats and tomlinson with tears in his beard? Take suarez away theyd be filming another one the fucking cunts
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Florida Blue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:06 pm

I love this, because two seasons ago it was ALL we heard. You have no experience. Let's look at reality, this is not an easy fixture for either side, as a couple of you have said it is a MUST WIN for them. Let's assume they do beat us, what are the odds of them bottling the next match after such an emotional high? I was suggest that they will struggle in their next two matches no matter the result. Either out of pity for losing tomorrow or fear of blowing the clear shot they would now have at the title. This game is not the end of our season title hopes if they lose, but it probably is the end of theirs as Chelsea will smell blood.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:All of you who think Liverpool winning the league would be a better outcome than Chelsea or Arsenal, are you starting to get it now ? That is not even scratching the surface. Do not fall for the pat on the head 'we both hate ManU' bollocks.

Notice how many times they mention the ref & penalties as well ?

Is there a thread in the history of this board where we go into a big game talking about winning fucking penalties FFS !!??

They talk of their 'istree' well that's what it's full of; dodgy fucking decisions & a sense that they are owed it.

Spot on. Football would be poorer for a dipper title win. These fuckers are still down from their perch and we need to boot them fucking hard to make sure they stay there

Fucking Rogers today saying we have bought the title. Pressure on is it Brendan? Cunt
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Spot on. Football would be poorer for a dipper title win. These fuckers are still down from their perch and we need to boot them fucking hard to make sure they stay there

Fucking Rogers today saying we have bought the title. Pressure on is it Brendan? Cunt

They are doing it the liverpool way.

Have some fucking respect.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:00 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Original Dub wrote:
They are doing it the liverpool way.

Have some fucking respect.

The fucking liverpool way. Cheating and pillaging. And as for the academy. Thats a laugh. Biggest chequebook merchants throughout 70s, 80s, 90s and have still spent a shedload since turn of century.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Redna » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Not a single soft spot for them anywhere.
CTID!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum