How is it April and we don't have a kit thread?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How is it April and we don't have a kit thread?

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:42 pm

How is it April and we don't have a Kit Thread yet?

I'll start.....

"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Re: How is it April and we don't have a kit thread?

Postby clippo22 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:41 pm

I'm not looking forward to the kit for next year at all. I bought the home shirt this year and the quality was very poor, has bobbled after only a handful of wears. That coupled with Nike releasing the England kit at crazy prices makes me very pessimistic about what they will make and charge for us next year. Just bought myself a couple of retro shirts for less than I could get one current shirt for.
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:43 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ps he also once had a great match and scored many goals.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:56 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ps he also once had a great match and scored many goals.

amazing considering he was a defensive midfielder. and bald.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby AG7 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Absolutely any will do ... as long as it has golden league badges :)
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby ashton287 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:44 pm

What winds me up about kit threads is if some kid with nothing better to do can come up with smart shit like the one in the op, why do companies pay people thousands to make the shit they end up choosing. There is always a fake kit that looks better than the one they actually make.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby sandman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Nike kits are absolute dog shit, I won't be buying any more City shirts, I would reluctantly pay the price if they were not so piss poor but for me I can not justify wasting my hard earned cash on that shite!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:45 pm

Is it really true we've got the same design as united next year? If so both clubs should sack Nike as it clearly shows all that matters to them is having their brand higher up in the order of things than either club's. Crazy decision for both Manchester clubs to be with them!!
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:55 am

For the 1st time in a decade I'm going to try and avoid buying due to the huge price hike and huge quality drop.

After getting an exclusive sale every 2nd day for a good year or so in my inbox I actually unsubscribed from the club shop today. After years of being fan friendly were sure undoing it in this area.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:51 am

bayblue wrote:Is it really true we've got the same design as united next year? If so both clubs should sack Nike as it clearly shows all that matters to them is having their brand higher up in the order of things than either club's. Crazy decision for both Manchester clubs to be with them!!

crazy decision for both clubs to be with one of the top 2 manufacturers in world football? yes. Crazy shit indeed.

training tops are where it's at...fuck the kits. Umbro spoiled me and i wont be going back to a fucking replica kit until something unheard of happens. i could care less. Their fucking loss.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:27 am

I'd love us to get Umbro back. I loved every single kit they designed, and the materials were brilliant
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Breks » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:50 am

Invisible Man Fan wrote:I'd love us to get Umbro back. I loved every single kit they designed, and the materials were brilliant

Same here. The Nike kit we got now is shit. Especially the badge it looks like a stick on. The embroidered badge by umbro was much better.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:44 am

ashton287 wrote:What winds me up about kit threads is if some kid with nothing better to do can come up with smart shit like the one in the op, why do companies pay people thousands to make the shit they end up choosing. There is always a fake kit that looks better than the one they actually make.

I know what you mean. Furthermore, why don’t they (club & manufacturer) let fans decide the kit from a shortlist of designs instead of the current situation when they may or may not come up with something decent. surely that would lead to bigger satisfaction towards the kit and bigger sales. everybody would win, right?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bayblue » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote: crazy decision for both clubs to be with one of the top 2 manufacturers in world football? yes. Crazy shit indeed. training tops are where it's at...fuck the kits. Umbro spoiled me and i wont be going back to a fucking replica kit until something unheard of happens. i could care less. Their fucking loss. cheers

Hey they are one of the top two but so are McDonald's in food and they're shit as well.

If the city and united kits are as similar as posters have suggested then all it does is subordinate the brands of both clubs to that of Nike.
"Welcome to Nike Manchester FC. Kits available in red or blue"
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:52 pm

So for all of you complaining about the switch from Umbro to Nike. Who do you suggest we go with after Iconix shuts down Umbro after they realize they bought a dead brand? As a stock holder in Nike them selling off Umbro was one of the best things they could have done. Even if it was at loss of £150 million.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Nike make great running shoes and that's about it.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Chopper » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:19 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:So for all of you complaining about the switch from Umbro to Nike. Who do you suggest we go with after Iconix shuts down Umbro after they realize they bought a dead brand? As a stock holder in Nike them selling off Umbro was one of the best things they could have done. Even if it was at loss of £150 million.

Well. Since you are a stock holder I wont tender my opinions.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Dameerto » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:31 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:So for all of you complaining about the switch from Umbro to Nike. Who do you suggest we go with after Iconix shuts down Umbro after they realize they bought a dead brand? As a stock holder in Nike them selling off Umbro was one of the best things they could have done. Even if it was at loss of £150 million.

Second only to not buying the fucling thing in the first place. They're the Borgs of the sportswear world.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue Oli » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Dameerto wrote:<null>
what has Bjorn got to do with Nike ? Is it the boxers ?
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:27 pm

There was this cnut in the city... jim Slater, cnut. Started all this asset stripping business. Rather like what the Glazers are doing at the swamp.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum