Tuesday's B*l**x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*l**x

Postby Chinners » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:45 am

THE BOLLOX

[youtube]SiFhwv_XISo[/youtube]

Newcastle United, West Ham in fight to sign Manchester City's Micah Richards?
Newcastle United and West Ham United are reportedly both in pursuit of Manchester City full-back Micah Richards.
Questions over the 25-year-old's future at the Etihad Stadium have been rumbling for some time.
Due to numerous injuries and failure to cement a regular spot in manager Manuel Pellegrini's team, there have been suggestions that Richards's City career could be coming to an end.
According to the Manchester United Evening News, Richards could leave the club for as little as £4m as both Newcastle and West Ham keep track of the full-back's situation.
Richards's contract expires next summer.

Inter To Offload Keeper To City To Fund Martinez Move
Inter Milan could sell goalkeeper Samir Handanovic to Manchester City so they can retrieve the funds for Jackson Martinez.
The Italian side are desperate to land a new striker in the summer but have ruled out a move for Fernando Torres leaving Martinez as their first choice centre forward.
The 27-year-old has attracted the interests of Arsenal following another impressive goalscoring season at Porto but Inter are ready to make a £25million offer.
But according to the Express, new owner Erik Thohir wants to sell a number of players before making big money signings and reports in Italy suggest that Handanovic could make way.
It is thought that Manuel Pellegrini is looking out for a new number one having dropped Joe Hart earlier in the season.
But it remains to be seen whether Pellegrini eyes the Slovenian international as the right man to replace Hart and if they are willing to match their asking price.

Some at Everton want to LOSE to City to stop Liverpool winning the league... Distin reveals Toffees' ultimate dilemma
Sylvain Distin has revealed there are some Evertonians who’d rather they lose their crunch clash with Manchester City and damage their top four hopes if it helped stop Liverpool winning the Barclays Premier League title.
The Toffees' bitter rivals sit in the Premier League's top spot, and Everton taking points against City on May 3 would be a huge boost to Liverpool's title hopes.
Everton themselves are on the brink of Champions League qualification, Sunday's 3-0 demolition of Arsenal putting them just one point behind the Gunners with a game in hand.
Distin said: 'We’ve spoken about it with some of the staff and said, “What if we have to beat City to be in the Champions League but by doing that Liverpool win the league?”
'The funny thing is some people would rather we don’t get Champions League football here as long as they don’t win the league. It’s mad!
'Personally I’d rather be in the Champions League. You can’t miss a chance for that.
'It would be amazing for the city if both clubs made it. I think deep down both sets of fans would like it if both clubs were in it.'

Young Blues on course despite loss
City's youngsters fell to a 4-3 defeat against Arsenal in an entertaining game but are still on track for a treble.
Manchester City missed the chance to move into the Under-21 Premier League play-off places by losing a seven-goal cracker at Meadow Park.
But Patrick Vieira’s youngsters remain on course for a treble, as they are still well-placed, needing five points from their last three matches to reach the top four.
They face Reading at the Etihad Stadium in the first leg of the Under-21 League Cup final on Thursday night, and will take on United in the Manchester Senior Cup final.
The Blues attacked from the off but found Arsenal keeper Matt Macey in inspired form as he kept out a Seko Fofana piledriver and George Glendon free-kick. Then the Gunners’ Spanish duo Jon Toral and Hector Bellerin scored twice in the space of three minutes to give the home side a comfortable half-time lead.
City right-back Adam Drury fired home shortly into the second half to spark another spell of pressure, but Macey pulled off a remarkable close-range stop to deny Devante Cole.
Arsenal soaked up the pressure and seemed to have wrapped up the points when Stefan O’Connor made it 3-1 after springing the offside trap.
Still City piled forward and with a minute of normal time left Cole turned in Sinan Bytyqi’s low cross to bring hope.
In a crazy ending to the game, Arsenal went up the other end and Toral carved his way inside two defenders before firing under Ian Lawlor, only for sub Greg Leigh to head home from a corner deep in stoppage time.
CITY Under-21: Lawlor, Drury, Facey, Denayer, Angelino (Leigh 79), Glendon (Cole 46), Fofana, Ntcham, Lopes, Bytyqi, Hiwula

Man City To Play At The Etihad
On Sunday May 4th, Manchester City Women will play at the Etihad Stadium for the very first time.
The day after the men's first-team lock horns with Everton at Goodison Park in the Premier League, MCWFC face the Toffees' female counterparts in the Continental Cup.
The clash also presents a defining moment in MCFC history as it will be the first time a City women's team will have graced the Etihad Stadium pitch.
Kick-off is at 2pm on Sunday 4 May, with tickets priced at £6 for adults and £4 for under-16s. Discounted tickets for Concessions are also available, with admission for 16-21 year-olds, over 65s and disabled supporters priced at £5.
Alternatively, seasontickets are also available at the cost of £48 for adults, £30 for under-16s and £4- for Concessions.

Manchester City pen training equipment deal
Premier League title chasers Manchester City have formalised a partnership with training equipment company TRX.
The partnership, announced on Monday, will see City’s senior and academy players continue to use TRX equipment as part of their fitness regimes and tailored training programmes.
In addition to supplying the gym at the club’s new academy, which is set to open later this year, TRX will also collaborate with City on a series of strength conditioning publication pieces.
City players will also feature in a TRX promotional video as part of a digital and social marketing campaign.
“Strength and conditioning forms an important part of our training programmes for all our squads,” said Dr Sam Erith, City’s head of sports science.
“Players will work daily on individualised programmes with the goals of making key athletic movements more efficient and the body more resilient to the risk of injury.”
Manchester City are widely considered favourites to claim this year’s Premier League title. They currently sit third in the table, four points behind leaders Liverpool but with two games in hand.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Manchester United have suffered a setback in their bid to sign Bayern Munich's Toni Kroos, 24, after Real Madrid declared an interest in the midfielder. TalkSHIT

However, Kroos has told Bayern and Germany team-mates that he is determined to join the Old Trafford club in a £40m deal. Daily Mirror

Manchester United's Portuguese winger Nani, 27, is likely to leave Old Trafford this summer according to his agent. Daily Mirror

Arsenal are considering a £17m summer move for Paris St-Germain striker Marco Verratti, 21, despite the fact the Italian has not scored in 50 appearances since signing for the French club in 2012. Metro

The Gunners are interested in Rubin Kazan striker Sardar Azmoun, 19, but face competition from AC Milan. Daily Star

Swansea midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng, 25, currently on loan at Sunderland, will be welcomed back to the Liberty Stadium if Garry Monk is still in charge next season. South Wales Evening Post

Newcastle will offload winger Hatem Ben Arfa, 27, as well as midfielders Sylvain Marveaux, 27, and 25-year-old Gabriel Obertan during the summer. Sun

Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood will be sacked by the club at the end of the season and replaced by outgoing Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal. DSSC

But Spurs could turn to Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino in their search for a new manager. Daily Telegraph

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, 23, will return to Belgium for an operation on a ruptured Achilles that has ended his World Cup hopes. Birmingham Mail

Manchester United are to make the north-east quadrant of Old Trafford a permanent singing section after two successful trials this season. Manchester Evening News

Alan Pardew has been told his position as Newcastle manager is safe despite 10 defeats in 15 games and a seven-match suspension for butting Hull's David Meyler. Daily Telegraph

Everton defender Sylvain Distin does not share the view of some Toffees fans in not wanting the club to qualify for the Champions League as long as Merseyside rivals Liverpool do not win the league. Daily Star

Manchester United striker James Wilson, 18, who was on the bench for the first time for Saturday's 4-0 win at Newcastle, scored a stunning 25-yard goal for the Old Trafford club's under-21s against Aston Villa on Monday. DSSC

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard says West Ham "tried everything" to unsettle his side before their win over the Hammers last Sunday. The Reds had to deal with a "hot dressing room, a dry pitch and the bus had to park a mile away" from the ground. Liverpool Echo

Liverpool's 23-goal striker Daniel Sturridge, 24, has visited a local primary school to teach the pupils the secrets of his goal celebration. London Evening Standard

MORE BOLLOX SHORTLY
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*l**x

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:56 am

Bloody hell, if it isn't one half of Merseyside bigging itself up its the other one.

Everton in a quandary? How about we mess up Liverpool's title challenge and their push for 4th spot by beating them? I realise it would cause mass breakdowns all over Merseyside but wouldn't it be nice.

On Richards, though its best he moves on for himself and City its worth noting Oldham get a sizeable chunk of any transfer fee so given the Homegrown quota we may actually need to let him play his contract out.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:04 am

Marco Veratti is a centre midfielder not a striker.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chinners » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:25 am

I've not laughed so much in ages ... see Youtube video above ... ha ha ha ha ha fucking genius!!! ... ooh my sides are literally hurting ... ha ha ha
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:46 am

Nice one Chinners, that vid is fucking priceless.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Crossie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:02 am

Chinners wrote:I've not laughed so much in ages ... see Youtube video above ... ha ha ha ha ha fucking genius!!! ... ooh my sides are literally hurting ... ha ha ha

Me too, it makes me really want to know exactly what they were talking about!!

Might do some digging later on, where/how did you find it?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Crossie wrote:
Chinners wrote:I've not laughed so much in ages ... see Youtube video above ... ha ha ha ha ha fucking genius!!! ... ooh my sides are literally hurting ... ha ha ha

Me too, it makes me really want to know exactly what they were talking about!!

Might do some digging later on, where/how did you find it?

Absolute classic, Don't ask me, talk to baconface.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby beehive's dodgy pint » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:31 pm

I believe the guy in the video is Chicharito's old man! Quality stuff!!
beehive's dodgy pint
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Ironpot » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:54 pm

thanks for the vid - I needed that!!!
Ironpot
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:19 pm

Love the partnership with TRX, I have been using and teaching with it for years. Cannot believe it took this long to announce the deal, it is the perfect workout tool for football players off-pitch training.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dwaring » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Florida Blue wrote:Love the partnership with TRX, I have been using and teaching with it for years. Cannot believe it took this long to announce the deal, it is the perfect workout tool for football players off-pitch training.

The girlfriend has been nagging me to hang one up in our place for a while. She saw city
partnered with them and now is up my ass about it. I just need to find a sturdy beam so when my fat ass leans into it the roof doesn't come crashing down.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:23 pm

25 year old Gabriel Obertan! Loved that, he's fucking got to be older than me(66)lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:30 am

Florida Blue wrote:Love the partnership with TRX, I have been using and teaching with it for years. Cannot believe it took this long to announce the deal, it is the perfect workout tool for football players off-pitch training.

How so? I've got an 8 year old who may go to Italy this summer...he needs every advantage he can have.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:57 am

Trx is the bollox alright.

Been doing it for about a year and I'd kick the shit out of everyone now.

Which was always my ambition.
Original Dub

Postby Whassat » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Fantastic vid hahahaha!!
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Return to The Maine Football forum