Next: Liverpool (Away)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Next: Liverpool (Away)

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:i fucking despise this cunt
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26993608

That is fucking disgusting.
Original Dub

Postby bayblue » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:09 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:i fucking despise this cunt http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26993608

Isn't he just doing his job, and pretty well by the looks of things?
Hopefully he can "unleash the crowd" and we can unleash the champions!
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby patrickblue » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:33 pm

bayblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:i fucking despise this cunt http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26993608

Isn't he just doing his job, and pretty well by the looks of things?
Hopefully he can "unleash the crowd" and we can unleash the champions!

Maybe he is just doing his job, but he's still a smug, arrogant bastard.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Really looking forward to this game and if you stay away from all the bollox build-up you can really see this game for what it is.

Just 1 of 38.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bayblue » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Sad person that I am I even went onto RAWK to look at the City build up thread.
Nothing to worry about fellow City fans!
Half the recent posts were about a girl getting dumped and the other half about a guy who's partner is expecting a baby any day soon!!
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tim777 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We are going to win this game , I'm telling you all.The fucking bin dippers will be wanking each other off too much on the pitch and will leave huge gaps for us to exploit.

I'm not worried about this match at all , I'm more worried about the Everton game than this one.

I agree 100%.
Pellegrini will have this covered and the lads will be up for it.
Scouse will be too intoxicated from drinking their own bathwater and will crash just like Arsenal did. Then in the 87th minute, Sewerez, who is overdue for another troglodyte-type antic, will panic-rip a sizeable chunk of Demichelis's locks from his scalp, get banned for life but secure a job as assistant coach for a rural Uruguayan kindergarten football team.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Lee_R » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:42 pm

Oh man.. Im starting to get a nasty taste in my mouth. This game is becoming a cream topping.. fingers crossed.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Looking back at the Liverpool match at the Etihad we were lucky to win (blown offside vs Sterling). What worries me is, surprisingly Kompany. If you remember, he would continually play himself out of position many, many times and do Demichelis-esque dumb lunge-ins. He is a needless risk taker, maybe because he doesn't trust his back 4 partners and is trying to cover for everyone else, and needs to be sharp vs Suarez, who is outstanding at rolling center halves.
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Blue_Manc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:39 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Looking back at the Liverpool match at the Etihad we were lucky to win (blown offside vs Sterling). What worries me is, surprisingly Kompany. If you remember, he would continually play himself out of position many, many times and do Demichelis-esque dumb lunge-ins. He is a needless risk taker, maybe because he doesn't trust his back 4 partners and is trying to cover for everyone else, and needs to be sharp vs Suarez, who is outstanding at rolling center halves.

I think Vinnie had to make some of those dumb lunge-ins in order to stop Liverpool from playing their game. They were able to score 2 goals(1 was incorrectly given offside) so who knows what would have happened if the challenges weren't made.

I'm just glad we have all our important players fit at the right time so we have no excuses if we don't win. We have better players so I believe we can win. If they beat us, they will deserve to win the league.
Blue_Manc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby roblues » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:46 pm

Blue_Manc wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Looking back at the Liverpool match at the Etihad we were lucky to win (blown offside vs Sterling). What worries me is, surprisingly Kompany. If you remember, he would continually play himself out of position many, many times and do Demichelis-esque dumb lunge-ins. He is a needless risk taker, maybe because he doesn't trust his back 4 partners and is trying to cover for everyone else, and needs to be sharp vs Suarez, who is outstanding at rolling center halves.

I think Vinnie had to make some of those dumb lunge-ins in order to stop Liverpool from playing their game. They were able to score 2 goals(1 was incorrectly given offside) so who knows what would have happened if the challenges weren't made.

I'm just glad we have all our important players fit at the right time so we have no excuses if we don't win. We have better players so I believe we can win. If they beat us, they will deserve to win the league.

Without watching it again, my memory of that Sterling 'goal' was him breaking and Joe standing still appealing for offside
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:33 am

roblues wrote:
Without watching it again, my memory of that Sterling 'goal' was him breaking and Joe standing still appealing for offside

Nah the whistle had already blown offside. There is no saying sterling would have beat hart though.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:44 am

Blue_Manc wrote:

The clips I rewatched that I'm referring to, his dumb lunge-ins gave away Sterling's "goal" and a whole other slew of Liverpool chances. He was pretty bad in that match. And we've seen it from him when he gets sent off...stupid rash challenges.
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:24 am

Is there any way I can watch a recording of the game? Its on at 3.30 on a working day here and I'd like to watch it later in the day with the Scouse cunts once everyone has finished work
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:07 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
Blue_Manc wrote:

The clips I rewatched that I'm referring to, his dumb lunge-ins gave away Sterling's "goal" and a whole other slew of Liverpool chances. He was pretty bad in that match. And we've seen it from him when he gets sent off...stupid rash challenges.

Although Vinnie does get stuck-in, this season is more the tactics rather than just him. All our players are doing it, trying to nick the ball from them and go on the break. It's a tactic that looks good when it works but can lead to problems when it doesn't.

Truthfully though, if you think Vinnie is our problem then it makes the outcome look very bright.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dub City » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:09 am

Every Liverpool fan I know keeps going on about sterlings offside goal being the only reason we won the game and that if we hadn't had the ref on our side they would have taken at least a point. They seems to get a bit huffy when I point out we should have had at least 3 pens that night for Skertl trying to hold pull and wrestle Vinny on every corner we got but then again that prick has been getting away with it in nearly every scouse game I have seen this season.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:49 am

There seems to be a lot of talk of us being 'Lucky' in our last game which I don't agree with. In that game I thought Liverpool did their usual and came flying out of the blocks and looked very good but over the course of the game I thought we were deserved winners. After the initial period we seemed to control the game better but were always suspect to the counter. We did well though and after equalising I thought it was more about how many we'd score, rather than them.

The Sterling offside was called as stated, offside. It wasn't an offside goal, how could it be? The whistle had blown well in advance of him going on to put the ball in the net and everybody had stopped. It's just the usual media hype that took it to 'The offside goal' once the likes of Little Mickey Owen, and later on, Branda Rogers put it to all and sundry. It was never a goal, it was a player who continued to play while all others had stopped and then blown out of all proportion as the Dippers slipped from where the mass Dipper media wanted them to be. Not like there's many ex-Dipper lovers in the media, is it.

One point to note is that Liverpool haven't beaten us under Rogers' charge. He couldn't beat us when we had a wobble last season and we beat them this season even though we had played a 3rd more games than them over the same period. Like them, we had one of our best strikers out, even though I'd say if you went like-for-like, Aguero is a bigger loss than Sturridge. I'd say if it was Suarez then there could be a point. Couple that with our usual Boxing Day blips that we have, then I'd say we performed better than expected.

We now come to what is 'The Biggest Game Of The Season'. For many reasons, this is the one that every football fan will want to see. The heighest scoring teams, the 2 best footballing teams and a title chance to boot, what's not to like.

Whatever happens, let's all respect the pre-match memorial to those whose lives were lost and then play football. Whatever the outcome, I'm expecting a cracking game.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Breks » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:43 am

Dub City wrote:Every Liverpool fan I know keeps going on about sterlings offside goal being the only reason we won the game and that if we hadn't had the ref on our side they would have taken at least a point. They seems to get a bit huffy when I point out we should have had at least 3 pens that night for Skertl trying to hold pull and wrestle Vinny on every corner we got but then again that prick has been getting away with it in nearly every scouse game I have seen this season.

They can never get over anything the whinging scouse cunts. They have had more than their fair share of luck over the season. They won't talk about that though. Just like they never talk about the 35 Juventus fans they killed plus injured over 600.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:52 am

Is this one of the many threads?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:00 am

City64 wrote:Is this one of the many threads?

Could be. How many can you count?

I bet it's not as many as the candles you'll see light up tomorrow night.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:21 am

bayblue wrote:Sad person that I am I even went onto RAWK to look at the City build up thread.
Nothing to worry about fellow City fans!
Half the recent posts were about a girl getting dumped and the other half about a guy who's partner is expecting a baby any day soon!!

You don't think the fact there's going to be another scouser in the world is anything to worry about?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum