Next: Liverpool (Away)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Next: Liverpool (Away)

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:09 pm

Our last two games have had worrying characteristics. We need to play like we did in the first half against arsenal and second half against Southampton. Get it the other way around and it won't be a happy day.
A perfect performance is required.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby AG7 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:09 am

sheblue wrote:Our last two games have had worrying characteristics. We need to play like we did in the first half against arsenal and second half against Southampton. Get it the other way around and it won't be a happy day. A perfect performance is required.

They both were similar in a sense that after going just 1 up the intensity from our game drained right out and we seemed to be happy just passing the ball (and time) around ... just a goal is never enough and we paid the price (2 points) at Arsenal ... against Liverpool playing at home, even a two goal cushion will keep me at the edge of my seat till the end ... yeah go 3-0 up in first 20 mins and I'd be able to relax.

Simply, we need full 90 mins of intensity and concentration alive from all 11 ... someone goes missing for a bit and that could be costly.
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby mcfc93 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:52 am

Actually pressure should be on liverpool. This is probably going to be their only chance to win the league in the next decade. Next season they wld hav champs league and it would surely affect their form and increase fatigue levels. Furthermore if we sort our defence out and chelsea get their striker...liverpool surely will have no chance.

On top of that by next season someone should have figured their tactics out. I mean it just doesnt make sense that they can do so well without any kind of structure in midfield with gerrard dropping deep and the rest all juz roaming around. Surely they need some hard tackling ball winning midfielder. If creative midfielders were all that you need then arsenal would win the league every year.

So definitely this is the year whereby all the stars align for liverpool. They hav a tremendous amount of luck and won some matches that they wld usually have lost or drawn. If they dont win it now then who knows when the next time would be. So pressure on them!!!
mcfc93
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kompany

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:58 am

Premonition today.
Liverpool 2 City 3
They will score two early goals , we will score either side of halftime , and again after the hour mark.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Benjay » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:00 am

mcfc93 wrote:Actually pressure should be on liverpool. This is probably going to be their only chance to win the league in the next decade. Next season they wld hav champs league and it would surely affect their form and increase fatigue levels. Furthermore if we sort our defence out and chelsea get their striker...liverpool surely will have no chance.

On top of that by next season someone should have figured their tactics out. I mean it just doesnt make sense that they can do so well without any kind of structure in midfield with gerrard dropping deep and the rest all juz roaming around. Surely they need some hard tackling ball winning midfielder. If creative midfielders were all that you need then arsenal would win the league every year.

So definitely this is the year whereby all the stars align for liverpool. They hav a tremendous amount of luck and won some matches that they wld usually have lost or drawn. If they dont win it now then who knows when the next time would be. So pressure on them!!!

I agree but if they win the league then fair play to them. I had been waiting weeks and months for Arsenal to self destruct and they finally have. I am waiting for Liverpool to do the same thing. Their games against us and Chelsea will teach us more than we know already. The pressure is on them and they cannot fail to feel it. Gerrard may be able to cope but as a team they will be nervous. Like I said if they do us and win the league then fair play. I dont think they will though.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Redna » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:59 am

Considering media and various LFC forums the game is already decided in their favour. They are actually not only english champions but also World Cup winner 2014. They also invented football as we know it and the hole universe......please City turn them lot over.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Burt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:08 pm

I've seen em a few times lately and they are definately not all that they're cracked up to be in my oppinion.

Get after the bin dippin twats and rattle in a few early goals to fuck em up good an proper. No room for passengers in this game and i do not expect us to be carrying any. We are better than them and we will batter the scouse cunts.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Redna wrote:Considering media and various LFC forums the game is already decided in their favour. They are actually not only english champions but also World Cup winner 2014. They also invented football as we know it and the hole universe......please City turn them lot over.
CTID!!

This.

No-one ever gives us any credit at all. Last away league defeat 10th Nov I believe? And that was a travesty.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:02 pm

john@staustell wrote: This. No-one ever gives us any credit at all. Last away league defeat 10th Nov I believe? And that was a travesty.

At least they don't mention our poor away form now.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby clippo22 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Really excited about the game but dreading the media coverage. It will start with a long piece on how Liverpool are destined for the title, a small piece on the SAS partnership, another piece on Liverpools English players. That then followed by a piece on how out of form negredo is, maybe add in yayas dive last week, then a big piece on Hillsborough with Liverpool legends whisked into the studio, similar to scholes for the derby. Lots of commentary and analysis from the two Jamie's and other former Liverpool players and then a long piece on how lucky we were to win and how the emotion had affected Liverpool. The last piece will continue for the rest of the week.

Then again maybe I'm being very harsh to Sky and the media?
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:07 pm

clippo22 wrote:Really excited about the game but dreading the media coverage. It will start with a long piece on how Liverpool are destined for the title, a small piece on the SAS partnership, another piece on Liverpools English players. That then followed by a piece on how out of form negredo is, maybe add in yayas dive last week, then a big piece on Hillsborough with Liverpool legends whisked into the studio, similar to scholes for the derby. Lots of commentary and analysis from the two Jamie's and other former Liverpool players and then a long piece on how lucky we were to win and how the emotion had affected Liverpool. The last piece will continue for the rest of the week.

No. Thats about right. But you need to throw in clips of our away defeats and mention of "freescoring" liverpool...freescoring only 5 more than us in the league. Dont know what the media classes us as now. Shit under their shoe i would expect. Fuck em all. Come on City..trounce em
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:37 pm

clippo22 wrote:Really excited about the game but dreading the media coverage. It will start with a long piece on how Liverpool are destined for the title, a small piece on the SAS partnership, another piece on Liverpools English players. That then followed by a piece on how out of form negredo is, maybe add in yayas dive last week, then a big piece on Hillsborough with Liverpool legends whisked into the studio, similar to scholes for the derby. Lots of commentary and analysis from the two Jamie's and other former Liverpool players and then a long piece on how lucky we were to win and how the emotion had affected Liverpool. The last piece will continue for the rest of the week.

Studio is going to be bulging with

Representing Liverpool
Graeme Souness
Jamie Redknapp
Jamie Carragher
Jim Beglin
Michael Owen
Kenny Mumbles
Ian Rush
John aldridge

Representing City
Peter Beardsley
Steve McMahon
Robbie Fowler
Craig Bellamy
Paul Stewart
David James
Steve McManaman

Also, a stat here for the younger element on here.

DID YOU KNOW
That one of Liverpools most successful ever managers, JOE FAGAN played for City for 13 years!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Fagan
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby patrickblue » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:49 pm

I reckon we should do them 6-0, just to get our goalscoring record back.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby everyonehatesus » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:If anyone is interested in the scousers view on this, its here

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=313213.0

Everyone of them is nervous but none of them think they will lose

fuck me thats worst than looking at redcafe, I got a far as "WE WILL MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE A PUB TEAM, NOT EVEN BARCA WOULD BE READY FOR SUNDAY"
What a bunch of fucking mongs, born Victims the lot of them.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Benjay » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:29 pm

Not to mention opening shots of Phil Neal or whoever the captain was with the old football league trophy all to the tune of You'll never walk alone. Shankly will get a mention for sure. Ed Chamberlain wont be able to contain his excitement and many a comment will pass about the holy ground that is Anfield. We might, if we are lucky, get a mention when the teams are read out.
Benjay

Postby Benjay » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Representing City
Peter Beardsley
Steve McMahon
Robbie Fowler
Craig Bellamy
Paul Stewart
David James
Steve McManaman

.....and Nigel Clough. The worst of the lot
Benjay

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:05 pm

I sincerely hope we give a rendition of

You'll never win the league
and now you're going to believe us

with a good 3-0 win
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Christian Purslow is spouting his shit now

Former Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow believes that Liverpool are poised for a return to the glory years under the watchful eye of Fenway Sports Group.

Purslow held his post on the Anfield board from 2009-10 and was heavily involved in the sale of the club from Tom Hicks and George Gillett to the current owners.

He insists the club are well placed to take advantage of the new financial fair play rules.

Purslow told Sky Sports News: "I think Liverpool are in a good position because their approach is utterly consistent with the theory of Financial Fair Play (FFP); namely you should break even, you should not lose money and you should only spend what you earn. That has been the clear philosophy of the owners since they took over at Anfield.

"I would go so far to say that there are three champions of fair play in the Premier League - Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United. What is interesting is who is the target of these new rules and of course the primary target is Manchester City.

"We have a situation in England where five into four does not go. We have five massive clubs operating on a global basis with very large wage bills trying to get into those four precious Champions League places.

"They will stop at nothing and FFP is another means of competition between those five rivals with the so-called fair play revenue champions on one side and more of the oligarch model - Manchester City and to a lesser extent Chelsea - on the other side. This is all about a battle to be in the top four."

Liverpool have never had a greater chance of breaking their 24-year title drought than they do this season, but Purslow - who remained at the club in a non-executive capacity until February 2011 - is adamant that it will not be a disaster if they fail to prevail come May.

He said: "Obviously, from an historic standpoint it used to be the case that winning titles was what Liverpool was all about. What has been remarkable is that, despite the lack of titles their global popularity has never waned.

"With a championship title there would be a whole new level of appeal and financial benefits, but the fans are very excited with the way things are going at the club and if they are to win the league this season, then that will just be a bonus.

"The owners would probably think that if it comes this season then it has come a little bit earlier than they would have budgeted and planned for."

The real bonus for Liverpool will be the impact that Champions League qualification will have on Brendan Rodgers' recruitment policy this summer, according to Purslow.

"The principle financial effect of this season will be that they are going to be in the Champions League next season. This will deliver an extra £25-30million of revenue," Purslow said.

"John Henry has always said his model is to spend what you earn, to invest the natural level of revenue that the club generates. The extra revenue will allow them to be a little more expansive in their recruitment.

"The agenda had moved away from who will Liverpool lose this summer to 'who do we expect Liverpool to sign now they are back in the Champions League?'

"Of course if you buy top-star players on five-year contracts and then find that you are only in the Champions League for one season then that can lead to problems. That trap has caught out many badly run clubs in the past; I don't for one moment see Liverpool falling into that trap."
Wonderwall

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:48 pm

I am looking forward to the two page spread where Brendan explains how they should have won......
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Christian Purslow is spouting his shit now

He's a fucking clown.

Boo hoo, the great clubs might miss out because of the devil club trying to buy players before they have huge income streams.

I hope we humiliate these fucking arse clowns on sunday.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum