Next: Liverpool (Away)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Next: Liverpool (Away)

Postby Bluedj » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:28 am

So what team line up do you think MP will start with and why?

Who would you like to see start?

I have this notion that Garcia should start. Against Chelsea in the cup, Bayern away and other games he seems to gel the midfield and we look tighter and better
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:28 am

Frank le Beouf (sp?) just said on Soccer AM that we are in a better position than Chelsea or Liverpool.

Always liked the bloke ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:34 am

Bluedj wrote:So what team line up do you think MP will start with and why?

I have this notion that Garcia should start. Against Chelsea in the cup, Bayern away and other games he seems to gel the midfield and we look tighter and better

Will he go 2 strikers?

[center]Hart

Zab - Vinnie - DM - Clichy

Fern - Yaya

Nasri - Silva - Sergio

Dzeko[/center]
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:45 am

I honestly think he's going to start with Aguero. Whether that's right or wrong I don't know, just have a feeling we have been saving him for this
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:47 am

Scouse have chartered a plane to fly over anfield with a banner saying some shit like dare to dream.

I really hope we silence them and rub their noses in it by singing wheres your famous anfield noise followed by its just like being in church.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:48 am

I do like the way we don't go about our business with our heads up our own arse and that the hype that has been brought to this game has not affected the team.

Vince Kompany - articulate as always.

"We remember the match against them earlier in the season and for me, Liverpool are still the best Premier League team we've faced at the Etihad.

"They have been on a fantastic run and we know we have to be focused and leave the pitch at the end knowing we've given everything because there is so much at stake in this game.

"But then again, this is a great challenge for us.

"They have a great squad and while we will be wary of that, I think we have quite a few great players of our own.

"We've been to Old Trafford, White Hart Lane and the Allianz Arena and come away with victories this season and our form on the road is as good as anyone.

"We know that if the players, supporters and staff around our club stand together, we are capable of anything."

Pellers - says it as it is.

"It will be a very emotional day but the team that has the cold mind will win the game.

"It is easy in these big games to have the motivation but it is very important to manage the anxiety. That is very important for all the players."

"I think Liverpool are favourites because they are top of the table but I don't like to take the pressure off my team.

"I think all big teams know they must play with pressure. I don't try to take advantage and say we don't have any pressure because we play away or they are the best team.

"It's impossible not to enjoy it. That's why we are here - fighting for the title.

"It's better for everyone to have two or three teams fighting for the title."

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tesl » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:48 am

gmercer1 wrote:I honestly think he's going to start with Aguero. Whether that's right or wrong I don't know, just have a feeling we have been saving him for this

I think this too. If it works Pelligrini looks like a genius, and if it fails he looks like an idiot. Fingers crossed its the former.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:52 am

Wonderwall wrote:Scouse have chartered a plane to fly over anfield with a banner saying some shit like dare to dream.

I really hope we silence them and rub their noses in it by singing wheres your famous anfield noise followed by its just like being in church.

The way the Dipper fans are acting is quite scary and if they lose I wouldn't want to be walking across Stanley Park after the game.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:02 am

Yes when they lose all hell is going to break loose!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Twobob » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I do like the way we don't go about our business with our heads up our own arse and that the hype that has been brought to this game has not affected the team. Vince Kompany - articulate as always. "We remember the match against them earlier in the season and for me, Liverpool are still the best Premier League team we've faced at the Etihad. "They have been on a fantastic run and we know we have to be focused and leave the pitch at the end knowing we've given everything because there is so much at stake in this game. "But then again, this is a great challenge for us. "They have a great squad and while we will be wary of that, I think we have quite a few great players of our own. "We've been to Old Trafford, White Hart Lane and the Allianz Arena and come away with victories this season and our form on the road is as good as anyone. "We know that if the players, supporters and staff around our club stand together, we are capable of anything." Pellers - says it as it is. "It will be a very emotional day but the team that has the cold mind will win the game. "It is easy in these big games to have the motivation but it is very important to manage the anxiety. That is very important for all the players." "I think Liverpool are favourites because they are top of the table but I don't like to take the pressure off my team. "I think all big teams know they must play with pressure. I don't try to take advantage and say we don't have any pressure because we play away or they are the best team. "It's impossible not to enjoy it. That's why we are here - fighting for the title. "It's better for everyone to have two or three teams fighting for the title."

the key is to go and play football and not get involved in their pantomime, wonder if we'll see adverts for their newly released shirts...

It's telling how respectful we are and after the home game against them, the gentlemen of the sport compared to their brash bullshit - they are Rags with a slightly different badge. That is evident now.

We can do this, i would happily take a point now but i really do hope we beat them - although they will not be able to accept victory, draw or a defeat with any amount of respect.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:38 am

What's that, they've released a new shirt to coincide with the memorial?

If that's true it's nearly as bad as the advertising that the Rags did. Both of them are fucking jokes who will use anything to make money. I'd like to think that all profits made from this would go to charity but I guess that's just me.

You know, I even think someone will use the line 'City Disrespected the Day' if we come away with the points.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Twobob » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:40 am

Beefymcfc wrote:What's that, they've released a new shirt to coincide with the memorial? If that's true it's nearly as bad as the advertising that the Rags did. Both of them are fucking jokes who will use anything to make money. I'd like to think that all profits made from this would go to charity but I guess that's just me.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 52264.html
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:48 am

Twobob wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:What's that, they've released a new shirt to coincide with the memorial? If that's true it's nearly as bad as the advertising that the Rags did. Both of them are fucking jokes who will use anything to make money. I'd like to think that all profits made from this would go to charity but I guess that's just me.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 52264.html

Great timing, eh.

*shakes head at the utter shit some clubs will pull*

All those Dippers wanting to get their keepsake from the game, doesn't coming cheap and a marketing persons dream. Disgusting way to extract more money out of the fans but then again, if fans are celebrating the deaths in such a way, they're just as bad.

There will be people there who will have real hurt for what happened but there will be those grief-chasers attending, paying over-inflated prices just to say 'I was there'. There'll be crying, telling everybody what an emotional event it was but in no way have any link to what happened.

Fucking pathetic.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:55 am

My favourite statement in our press conference is "if we think this game is any more important than the Sunderland game next wednesday we will not win the league"
Absolutely right !!!!
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby kennyboy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:17 am

Tesl wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:I honestly think he's going to start with Aguero. Whether that's right or wrong I don't know, just have a feeling we have been saving him for this

I think this too. If it works Pelligrini looks like a genius, and if it fails he looks like an idiot. Fingers crossed its the former.

I doubt it, think Kun is on the bench and Navas will start.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Bluedj » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 am

Bluedj wrote:So what team line up do you think MP will start with and why?

Hart

Zab - Vinnie - DM - Clichy

Fern - Garcia

Nasri - Yaya - Silva -

Sergio
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:02 pm

I seen to remember another anniversary where we ruined the day. Let's do it again. We are impeccable
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Michigan Blue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The way the Dipper fans are acting is quite scary and if they lose I wouldn't want to be walking across Stanley Park after the game.

If the manager of Millwall was daft enough to promise to "unleash" his fans on the oppo, I suspect the reaction in the media would be rather different. Fuck knows why - it's not like Liverpool don't have history of aggro and violence. Does the other tragedy give them license to say and do whatever the fuck they want?
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby budfox » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:51 pm

I am genuinely bored of hearing about Hillsborough. Yes, people died, it was tragic and those involved have every right to see those responsible brought to justice.

However, it's not the only tragedy that ever happened, or ever will, and I just can't help feeling that has it been any other club (with the noticeable exception of the rags) the events would now just be part of history.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Joeythelips » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:55 pm

budfox wrote:I am genuinely bored of hearing about Hillsborough. Yes, people died, it was tragic and those involved have every right to see those responsible brought to justice. However, it's not the only tragedy that ever happened, or ever will, and I just can't help feeling that has it been any other club (with the noticeable exception of the rags) the events would now just be part of history.

Yea get over it already.

Tool.
Joeythelips
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Sergio aguero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum