Next: Liverpool (Away)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Next: Liverpool (Away)

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Got to agree. Although the victims and their families have my deepest sympathies they only need to look at Anfield to see who is exploiting the deaths. Tragedy should be used as a personal driver never a public one.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Bluedj wrote:
Hart

Zab - Vinnie - DM - Clichy

Fern - Garcia

Nasri - Yaya - Silva -

Sergio

This but Dzeko for Sergio. We need height. It increases our chances of getting a pen off Skrtel
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:13 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Got to agree. Although the victims and their families have my deepest sympathies they only need to look at Anfield to see who is exploiting the deaths. Tragedy should be used as a personal driver never a public one.

And that is it in a nutshell.

Many people look to loved ones who have passed away for inspiration.

In fact, many people dedicate victory to loved ones they've lost.

There's nothing wrong with it, until you make it piblic to gain support before you compete. It's morally wrong.
Original Dub

Postby Twobob » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Original Dub wrote: And that is it in a nutshell. Many people look to loved ones who have passed away for inspiration. In fact, many people dedicate victory to loved ones they've lost. There's nothing wrong with it, until you make it piblic to gain support before you compete. It's morally wrong.

I also believe they've even put 'JFT96' on the collar of the kits - show support ok, but unless x% is going to the families of those directly impacted to help with the inquiry etc then I find it morally wrong to put it on merchandise like this.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I do like the way we don't go about our business with our heads up our own arse and that the hype that has been brought to this game has not affected the team.

Vince Kompany - articulate as always.

"We remember the match against them earlier in the season and for me, Liverpool are still the best Premier League team we've faced at the Etihad.

"They have been on a fantastic run and we know we have to be focused and leave the pitch at the end knowing we've given everything because there is so much at stake in this game.

"But then again, this is a great challenge for us.

"They have a great squad and while we will be wary of that, I think we have quite a few great players of our own.

"We've been to Old Trafford, White Hart Lane and the Allianz Arena and come away with victories this season and our form on the road is as good as anyone.

"We know that if the players, supporters and staff around our club stand together, we are capable of anything."

Pellers - says it as it is.

"It will be a very emotional day but the team that has the cold mind will win the game.

"It is easy in these big games to have the motivation but it is very important to manage the anxiety. That is very important for all the players."

"I think Liverpool are favourites because they are top of the table but I don't like to take the pressure off my team.

"I think all big teams know they must play with pressure. I don't try to take advantage and say we don't have any pressure because we play away or they are the best team.

"It's impossible not to enjoy it. That's why we are here - fighting for the title.

"It's better for everyone to have two or three teams fighting for the title."

Compare this to the utter drivel that Rogers spouts.

I know a few on here didn't approve of Kompany going on MotD last week, but he gave an assured, dignified and thoughtful insight into the games. Him and Pellers are a credit and a lesson in humility and decency. Long may they both remain
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Compare this to the utter drivel that Rogers spouts.

I know a few on here didn't approve of Kompany going on MotD last week, but he gave an assured, dignified and thoughtful insight into the games. Him and Pellers are a credit and a lesson in humility and decency. Long may they both remain

Well said.

There seems to be very little humility left at the top of the premier league.

Thankfully, as a club, we are steeped in it.
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum