Liverpool Game Plan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Liverpool Game Plan

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Liverpool game plan. Hit long balls downfield. Go down on the floor, at any type of physical contact near the penalty area. Fall over in the penalty area at any type of physical contact, throw hands in the air at every physical challenge. Hope to get as many free kicks and penalties as possible

Liverpool have been awarded 5 penalties in the 2 away games against West Ham and the Rags.

They will be looking for set pieces out side our box, penalties in the box They will be paying special attention to Demichelis.They will have Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling diving all over the show trying to get a City player sent off during this game.

We need to be careful.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Liverpool Game Plan

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:13 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Liverpool game plan. Hit long balls downfield. Go down on the floor, at any type of physical contact near the penalty area. Fall over in the penalty area at any type of physical contact, throw hands in the air at every physical challenge. Hope to get as many free kicks and penalties as possible

Liverpool have been awarded 5 penalties in the 2 away games against West Ham and the Rags.

They will be looking for set pieces out side our box, penalties in the box They will be paying special attention to Demichelis.They will have Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling diving all over the show trying to get a City player sent off during this game.

We need to be careful.

We just need to keep the ball.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:15 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Liverpool game plan. Hit long balls downfield. Go down on the floor, at any type of physical contact near the penalty area. Fall over in the penalty area at any type of physical contact, throw hands in the air at every physical challenge. Hope to get as many free kicks and penalties as possible

We need to be careful.

Don't forget the free kick in the D against Sunderland
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tesl » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:15 pm

We should just out play them and then beat them. We are better than them and more than capable.

That said I'd be quite happy with a draw.

I never thought for a second Liverpool had any chance whatsoever of winning the league this season. Only really today am I thinking fuck, everything is going their way and its becoming a real possibility now. And it would be unbearable, I'd rather Chelsea do it if we can't.

That said Liverpool were always likely to win today anyway, even though the circumstances make it hurt more than it should. But if we beat them next week they are finished and they know it.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Not sure what would satisfy me more: smashing these cunts 6 nil ish OR win by one goal from a dodgy penalty/offside decision with an 'unjust' red card on top of it.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:18 pm

zuricity wrote:

We need to be careful.

I agree,we need to keep possession and play football.
I
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Get your bets on us being down to 10 men.

The Premier League Campaign to win it for Captain Fantastic is in full swing supported by the FA wanting to sell overpriced England Shirts to the moron,s who think we will get out of the group in the World Cup.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:27 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Get your bets on us being down to 10 men.

The Premier League Campaign to win it for Captain Fantastic is in full swing supported by the FA wanting to sell overpriced England Shirts to the moron,s who think we will get out of the group in the World Cup.
There is a concerted campaign to see them triumph in the year off the Hillsborough disaster.

They are going to try and have us reduced to 10 men, I have no doubt about that.

We need a strong referee.

Suarez is a decent player, but also a cheating little racist cunt. Pretty sure he will be at it with the theatrics. Vinny and Demichellis will have to be extra careful around the 3 diving Amigos.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:30 pm

If this scouse shower of shit win the league it'll be because of the refs.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:31 pm

zuricity wrote:

We need to be careful.

The problem is that we are not very good at that, especially when yaya is in one of...those moods.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby ashton287 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote: The problem is that we are not very good at that, especially when yaya is in one of...those moods.

What worries me is kompany being left behind by runners (sometimes his fault and other times demichelis is a twat), he loves to fucking foul them and with the treatment Liverpool are getting the refs won't need much of an excuse.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby phips » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:38 pm

ashton287 wrote:What worries me is kompany being left behind by runners (sometimes his fault and other times demichelis is a twat), he loves to fucking foul them and with the treatment Liverpool are getting the refs won't need much of an excuse.

this
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby aaron bond » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:43 pm

phips wrote:
ashton287 wrote:What worries me is kompany being left behind by runners (sometimes his fault and other times demichelis is a twat), he loves to fucking foul them and with the treatment Liverpool are getting the refs won't need much of an excuse.

this

Demichelis next week is a big concern. Fortunately he was injured in the home game against Liverpool but him against the pace and movement of Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling is going to be an issue. He's out of position so often and leaves gaps at the back that Liverpool will look to exploit this.

Even with his 'improved' performances lately, he's still not really very good and was hopelessly out of position for the Arsenal goal last week. Vinnie is going to have his work cut out next week and we're going to be relying on him to pull out one of his towering performances.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:57 pm

The most important thing is not to go there thinking or talking bollocks about a conspiracy that doesn't exist.The Count has the right approach. Stay calm. Don't worry about conceding. Try not to concede but in any event score the same or more than them. We are better all over the pitch apart from striker. We will make chances. Take them. Ya Ya, stop the histrionics and step up to the mark.Maybe have a tactical surprise for that coont Rodgers, for example Jovetic and the beast up front.And as Zurich says, keep the ball and slow the game down.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
The problem is that we are not very good at that, especially when yaya is in one of...those moods.

Well the way we played yesterday i think everybody had an eye to next weeks game.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby bayblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Deny Gerrard any space for starters.
Then free Silva up to get in between the centre backs.

Tricky thing is that it'd normally be the player in Silva's likely position to be the one detailed to stop Gerrard, so I'm glad it's Pellers who has the job of figuring that out, not me!
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Twobob » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:09 pm

bayblue wrote:Deny Gerrard any space for starters. Then free Silva up to get in between the centre backs. Tricky thing is that it'd normally be the player in Silva's likely position to be the one detailed to stop Gerrard, so I'm glad it's Pellers who has the job of figuring that out, not me!

Coutinho is a key threat too, he's their 'silva' but with less skill/tallent - but still a danger and why we need ti see Garcia and Ferdi in midfield.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:11 pm

The pace they have v City's really high and (mostly) slow back line will be significant imo. I can see Kompany and Demi bringing down players early on and walking tightropes. Hope Pellers has a masterplan to stop this from happening. A back three (don't kill me) might not be a bad idea.

As for penos of those 5 the last one today is the only one you could say they shouldn't have been awarded.We also have divers ourselves.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby bayblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:17 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:The pace they have v City's really high and (mostly) slow back line will be significant imo. I can see Kompany and Demi bringing down players early on and walking tightropes. Hope Pellers has a masterplan to stop this from happening. A back three (don't kill me) might not be a bad idea. As for penos of those 5 the last one today is the only one you could say they shouldn't have been awarded.We also have divers ourselves.

I think there's been a few times this year a back three would have been good and I can see why Mancini wanted to have it as an option.

Problem is I don't think we have the players for it, and as we saw last season if you don't have them, and even if you try a few times, it can backfire.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Benjay » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Im more concerned by the Everton game after their win today than Liverpool. When we are up for it we produce and for Liverpool we will be up for it. Turn up slightly not up for it at Goodison and they'll do us.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum