Not so FANtastic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Not so FANtastic

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:10 am

We have a potential Premier league winning side, but Championship fans at best when it comes to atmosphere.

Yesterday was particularly bad. I just don't get it.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Not so FANtastic

Postby Grimble101 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:39 am

Spot on pal. Look at Liverpool anfield was rocking can only be good for players. Our fans not all by the way. Are two quiet we're ok in east stand and south stand but it stops there. And the ground emptying on 85 mins is really pissing me of it's got to noticed by our players
Grimble101
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Pablo

Postby coMs » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:42 am

What a pair of pricks.!
coMs
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Grimble101 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:47 am

Maybe!! sound like your one of the runners then....!!
Grimble101
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby coMs » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:52 am

I leave at full time. But who are you to tell others what to do?
You must be the best supporter in the ground. (thats if you even go)
coMs

Postby ruralblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:04 am

coMs wrote:What a pair of pricks.!

There just raising a point hardly makes them pricks but sums you up pal.

The good few times I've been to etihad I have noticed the change in volume from maine road. Personally thought to begin it could have been acoustics. The last time I went I was up in third tier and I love to sing my heart out at games but many many others around were looking like I was some kind of nutter.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:14 am

I think the dynamic of the support has changed unfortunately i only have to look at my habits at football now. Saturday used to be all about footy, getting pissed and having a sing song now i frequently turn up very sober and leave.I cant remember the last time i had 'A DAY OUT' apart from Wembley.

The leaving early thing is a joke i swear yesterday it was 80% empty at the final whistle.

What has everyone go to do that's so important?
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Grimble101 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:14 am

I go every home game most away most European away so Ye I go. I'm telling no one anything if you can read I want it loud and bouncing. + people never used to leave early it's fact
Grimble101
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby ashton287 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:25 am

There seems to be a big difference between other fans and our own these days.

When we play away the home fans are on us from the second it kicks off. They are booing the ref for any decision that doesn't go there way no matter how small. They will be singing whenever they have the ball or create a chance.

At the etihad we don't sing anymore and if a team is on top like yesterday instead of having a go at them and the ref piling on the pressure, the loudest we get is when one of our own makes a mistake and we get on them. We sit in silence until kolarov or dzeko mess up and you never hear anything when it comes to the ref. Then when we are 3-4 up we still don't sing for our team.

Not to mention the fact that the 47,009 attendance announced yesterday was absolute bullshit because there were groups on empty seats in every block.

Our support is a bit shit.

People leaving early is the least of the problems though.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby coMs » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:27 am

ruralblue wrote:

The good few times I've been to etihad I have noticed the change in volume from maine road. Personally thought to begin it could have been acoustics. The last time I went I was up in third tier and I love to sing my heart out at games but many many others around were looking like I was some kind of nutter.

Well the first poster is calling us championship fans at best,
(I was unaware that there was a league table for fans)
the other seems to think the scousers are the best
(I bet he just loves those famous champions league nights at klanfield).
I find most people who raise these kind of points are those who watch the game on tv.
I go to the game to watch live football, I couldn't care less about what my fellow fans around the ground are doing, if they want to sing, shout and dance around thats great, its also fine if they just want to sit quietly and watch the game unfold.
coMs

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:37 am

Our stadium design isn't the best for atmosphere but when you have an early KO with people still half asleep and lack of alcohol, combined with the perception that it could be a difficult game (which it turned out to be) then you're not going to get a 'Fantastic' game of revelry in the terraces.

Throw Saints boring 'Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Whennnnnnnnnnnnnnn Theeeeeeeeeeeee Saintssssssssssssss .........' song into the mix and you've got a dead duck in terms of atmosphere.

The atmosphere in my house was good though, I sing whether I'm there or not.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:47 am

100% its bobbins and i get bored of trying to get a whole block/stand singing
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:12 am

Never in a million years were there 47,000 at the ground yesterday. You also wouldn't think we were in a title run in. Garbage yesterday.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:13 am

Def miss maine road. I was a season ticket holder from 1986 to 2009. When we moved i suddenly knew no one around me and it no longer seemed the same day out. I have always mostly gone on my own to the match.

A few pints in the Park over the road became a pint on the empty concourse at the etihad and the all packed in together making noise at one became more spread out, it seems, at the second with some pretty disinterested journeymen supporters surrounding me. I go about ten times a year now altho i only live 20 miles away. What am i getting wrong?
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Franny Lee

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:28 am

As a totally off topic point which I'll probably get criticised for but..

I...t really pisses me off when people go to the game dressed for a night out. These are the same lads that tend to not sing and leave early.

I'm 25 and like fashion.. but not at the football.. i wear a city shirt every game and dress to be warm in gear years old.

Me and my mate just piss ourselves when we see lads with blown dried hair, skinny jeans and a red top on for a city game...
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:31 am

This season has seemed really poor on the telly to be fair.

I really remember it rocking even when not full when I was over in 05 and 06. If we could get a song and a laugh in them years I really don't know why its so silent now.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:42 am

Strange then that our home record is so good. And yet on the nights/afternoons with the noisier atmosphere, we don't always win.

I love it in the South Stand, stood behind the goal, but whenever I have moved elsewhere for cup games, (especially 3rd tier) it is a mindnumbing experience. Dunno how people can watch a game like that.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:49 am

lets all have a disco wrote:I think the dynamic of the support has changed unfortunately i only have to look at my habits at football now. Saturday used to be all about footy, getting pissed and having a sing song now i frequently turn up very sober and leave.I cant remember the last time i had 'A DAY OUT' apart from Wembley.

The leaving early thing is a joke i swear yesterday it was 80% empty at the final whistle.

What has everyone go to do that's so important?

Same for me too but where are the younger generation where it should be the focus of the day.

I can't think of the last game I went to where the away fans haven't referred to it being like a library.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby City64 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:53 am

It wasn't too bad in the Etihad yesterday but those early kick offs are really shit tbh , you don't have enough time to have a proper drink on the way to the game plus everyone turns up at once . Saints fans were really shit and not many of them at that ...... The best they came up was " England England " FFS proper wank ! The atmosphere for the proper games versus the rags , Liverpool , Chelsea , Spurs , Arsenal etc plus Barca and Bayern in the CL has been great to be fair . Something noticeable yesterday though was a number of our fans in the ground were / are very tense ........ it's human nature now the finish line is in sight but a fairly low key game and early kick offs aren't a great recipe for a brilliant atmosphere IMHO even with the run in upon us . We now however have a couple of evening kick offs and the atmosphere is usually bang on for those which can only be good .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:54 am

coMs wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

Well the first poster is calling us championship fans at best,
(I was unaware that there was a league table for fans)
the other seems to think the scousers are the best
(I bet he just loves those famous champions league nights at klanfield).
I find most people who raise these kind of points are those who watch the game on tv.
I go to the game to watch live football, I couldn't care less about what my fellow fans around the ground are doing, if they want to sing, shout and dance around thats great, its also fine if they just want to sit quietly and watch the game unfold.

It's a fucking observation you clown. How many fucking current and ex players does it take to say they get spurred in by a loud and passionate crowd to understand it makes a fucking difference?

I have had a season ticket for over 25 years btw so looks like your observations count for fuck all.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum