This Weeks Other Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weeks Other Games

Postby ashton287 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:20 pm

I am looking forward to next Sunday, I can feel the nerves already. I know we are going to get ripped off.

We are bottler's at heart, have bottled every chance we have had to take control of this league.
They are getting help left, right and centre and all the media are wanking over everything they do and ignoring the fact they are cheating cunts while praising them for championing English players and not spending any money which is such complete bullshit I feel like I am going mad when I read/hear it.

In short, it feels like a derby but from the good old days before it was easy. At least I don't work with any Liverpool fans.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby patrickblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:21 pm

ashton287 wrote:I am looking forward to next Sunday, I can feel the nerves already. I know we are going to get ripped off.

We are bottler's at heart, have bottled every chance we have had to take control of this league.
They are getting help left, right and centre and all the media are wanking over everything they do and ignoring the fact they are cheating cunts while praising them for championing English players and not spending any money which is such complete bullshit I feel like I am going mad when I read/hear it.

In short, it feels like a derby but from the good old days before it was easy. At least I don't work with any Liverpool fans.

Maybe it's our real derby nowadays.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:22 pm

ashton287 wrote:
In short, it feels like a derby but from the good old days before ith was easy. At least I don't work with any Liverpool fans.

Lucky sod. I work with two and two of my best pals are dippers. It would be unbearable for them to win
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:26 pm

ashton287 wrote:I am looking forward to next Sunday, I can feel the nerves already. I know we are going to get ripped off.

Remember when we bottled QPR?

Dick.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ashton287 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:33 pm

DoomMerchant wrote: Remember when we bottled QPR? Dick.

If you remember the game, we did our fucking best to bottle it. And we only needed to win it because we bottled a fucking 8 point lead.

Last season was one after another. Every time they fucked up while we were still in it we got spanked. Remember Everton last year? The worst performance I have ever seen from a "title challenger".

This year has been the same. Every time we have an opportunity to open up a gap between us and the rest we have bottled it. Sunderland then Chelsea and then Norwich.

We are better at chasing from second or third than leading the way.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Farcical stuff. Will anybody be able to keep a straight face if they win 14 straight?
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Decided to watch the F1 instead of the Dippers game, much better for my blood pressure. Looking at the goals though, every single one of them were wrong and the ref had a hand in them all.

Dippers 1st penalty - Is that not classed as ball to hand as from what we've been seeing they aren't given because it was too close?

Hammers - Carroll clearly knocks the ball out of Mignolet's hands and even if he was pushed, either give the pen or give the foul.

Dippers 2nd penalty - keeper got the ball, Flanaghan does get touched but went down like a robot. Nobody asks for the pen and play goes on only for the ref to hand it to them on a plate. It was actually a good stop by the keeper.

Amazingly that's Liverpool's 12th penalty this season and from memory I think that each one has had an impact on the game. I don't think the Rags have had so many in one season.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Amazingly that's Liverpool's 12th penalty this season and from memory I think that each one has had an impact on the game. I don't think the Rags have had so many in one season.

You're right

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_ ... stics.html
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:52 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

You're right

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_ ... stics.html

That's a shit load of penalties and I'd say half of them weren't deserved, apart for those against the Rags. Liverpool have been playing well but I just get the feeling that due to the Rags poor season the powers that be need to have somebody as their flag bearer. Liverpool are it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:59 pm

I'm sure the scousers are saying similar on their forums about that linesman yesterday.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Twobob » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote: That's a shit load of penalties and I'd say half of them weren't deserved, apart for those against the Rags. Liverpool have been playing well but I just get the feeling that due to the Rags poor season the powers that be need to have somebody as their flag bearer. Liverpool are it.

Spot on mate, currently i cant tell scousers from rags - both play in red, both think they invented the game, both have cockney accents, both have a disaster to cry over and both are helped by shite/bent/scared officiating.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Tesl » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:08 pm

If the ref was bent he wouldn't have overruled his linesman when that goal should have been disallowed. The problem is he was crap, and felt like he had to even out the bad decisions.

All things considered it was a good weekend for us, since we increased our GL over theirs and won the tougher fixture. But to be honest I'm not handling this title run well at all, the matches turn me into a nervous wreck. I'm glad I'm only watching and not playing.

To be honest if it was us versus Chelsea I'd be far more relaxed, but Liverpool aren't much better than the filth across the road and I'm so so desperate they don't win the league. It would be more awful than some people seem to realise, and we'd have to hear about it forever.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:53 pm

[tweet]452875424184279040[/tweet]

Might as well not bother turning up next week.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:07 pm

gillie wrote:[tweet]452875424184279040[/tweet]

Might as well not bother turning up next week.

What does that say?
Original Dub

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Tesl wrote:If the ref was bent he wouldn't have overruled his linesman when that goal should have been disallowed. The problem is he was crap, and felt like he had to even out the bad decisions. All things considered it was a good weekend for us, since we increased our GL over theirs and won the tougher fixture. But to be honest I'm not handling this title run well at all, the matches turn me into a nervous wreck. I'm glad I'm only watching and not playing. To be honest if it was us versus Chelsea I'd be far more relaxed, but Liverpool aren't much better than the filth across the road and I'm so so desperate they don't win the league. It would be more awful than some people seem to realise, and we'd have to hear about it forever.

I feel just the same. I would enjoy this if the Dippers were nt involved, but just can't settle knowing they could win it. Even when there is no game on it is chipping away at me. I do think we can beat them next week tho, but I won't be able to watch it.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby judythehippy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Cannot believe Liver Birds got that 2nd penalty. Flanagan did an Ashley Young......lucky scousers.

Judy
xx
judythehippy
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: jo hart

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:31 pm

How can people possibly say they are not enjoying a title run in that we're involved in?!
Madness.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Tesl » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:48 pm

I screwed up my flights next Sunday - I'm going to land just before kickoff so should get to see most of the game. But I'm flying out of a Chinese airport to HK where something like 80% of its flights get delayed by at least an hour ... so I'm probably going to end up missing this!!

Honestly its probably better that way for my blood pressure. I don't care about how we play in that game, only the result matters. A defeat would be hard to take, anything else is not bad at all and leaves things in our own hands at least. Play to win but a draw is acceptable (whereas it wasn't against Arsenal ... I'm still pissed about those 2 dropped points)
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'm sure the scousers are saying similar on their forums about that linesman yesterday.

But we scored 4!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:How can people possibly say they are not enjoying a title run in that we're involved in?! Madness.

I'm enjoying us being in the title race but I'm not enjoying the Dippers being involved. Can't stand the thought of them winning it.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum