Psycho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Psycho

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:33 am

Stuart Pearce hopes to be reunited with Glasgow Celtic striker Georgios Samaras when he takes over as Nottingham Forest manager this summer, [football] direct news understands.
The former England star, who spent 12 years as a player at the City Ground between 1985 and 1997, succeeds caretaker boss Gary Brazil on July 1 after penning a two-year deal.
Last week he turned down the role due to personal circumstances and media commitments but he was unveiled by the Championship outfit today and has three months to put transfer plans in place.
A source close to the club told FDN that Pearce is a long-term admirer of Samaras, who he signed for Manchester City in 2006, in a £6million move from Dutch side Heerenveen.
The Greece international is yet to commit his future to the Scottish champions and his deal in Glasgow expires at the end of the campaign.
Celtic are keen to keep hold of the 29-year-old despite the fact he has averaged less than a goal every three games this term, and a lucrative contract extension remains on the table.
According to the Forest source, their chances of luring him back to England will increase significantly if they achieve promotion to the top-flight via the play-offs.

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/football-league/45314-new-forest-boss-lines-up-striker.php#.Uz58D_mSyLC
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:48 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
roblues wrote:
Decent little FA Cup run along the way too, although we were worse than shite at Blackburn in the quarter final

I remember that we'll, so bad there were full scale scraps between blues behind the goals whilst we were defending a corner, and Micah ended up in tears that day with the abuse he got. Dark days

the only resounding memory I have of that is the VERY LOUD and continual singing of "you're not fit to wear the shirt"

Match report here from the Guardian, my word it brings back bad memories

http://www.theguardian.com/football/200 ... .blackburn

SLIM, this was the game I rang you from the pub in Blackburn that was overtaken by City fans, the locals werent very impressed LOL
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:54 am

My advice to forest fans is to buy the dvd of the west ham 5-1 as its the most excitement youll have for a while. pearce is not up to managing a mid sized to large club like forest. you could put him in charge of barcelona and theyd end up like barnsley. I accept that he did ok with limited resources when he was here but others would have done just as well and quite a few would have done better.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
roblues wrote:
Decent little FA Cup run along the way too, although we were worse than shite at Blackburn in the quarter final

I remember that we'll, so bad there were full scale scraps between blues behind the goals whilst we were defending a corner, and Micah ended up in tears that day with the abuse he got. Dark days

the only resounding memory I have of that is the VERY LOUD and continual singing of "you're not fit to wear the shirt"

Match report here from the Guardian, my word it brings back bad memories

http://www.theguardian.com/football/200 ... .blackburn

SLIM, this was the game I rang you from the pub in Blackburn that was overtaken by City fans, the locals werent very impressed LOL

Yeah, that was awesome. Get rung up to hear a belting round of Blue Moon.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:04 am

Give him a chance, he wasnt great with us, but that was a long time ago and it was his first job. Dont forget the U21's had a good record and international football is completely different to club management, he has the credentials to do well at forest IMO.
Wonderwall

Postby Lee_R » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:18 am

Hope he does well. Might be a decent learning curve if he gets the time.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:49 am

Benjay wrote:
Wooders wrote:NO home goals since Jan in his final season

Yeah. But you never thought you would see David James play up front did you? We've had worse...

That was one fat fucker's missed spot kick away from being a master stroke.
Original Dub

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Give him a chance, he wasnt great with us, but that was a long time ago and it was his first job. Dont forget the U21's had a good record and international football is completely different to club management, he has the credentials to do well at forest IMO.

the u21s got to one final and got hammered by Germany and then with a wealth of talent didnt win a game in 2013.

He has also had a shot with forest before when he was caretaker and it ultimately ended with them being relegated. bar half a season with us he has done fuck all in his managerial career except serve up absolute tosh football and talk like a bloke down the pub whos just taken over a team.

And if he signs Samaras it will show he never learns!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:50 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Give him a chance, he wasnt great with us, but that was a long time ago and it was his first job. Dont forget the U21's had a good record and international football is completely different to club management, he has the credentials to do well at forest IMO.

the u21s got to one final and got hammered by Germany and then with a wealth of talent didnt win a game in 2013.

He has also had a shot with forest before when he was caretaker and it ultimately ended with them being relegated. bar half a season with us he has done fuck all in his managerial career except serve up absolute tosh football and talk like a bloke down the pub whos just taken over a team.

What about the U21's being unbeaten in qualifying? He has done some good, you are just selective in your view
Wonderwall

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

What about the U21's being unbeaten in qualifying? He has done some good, you are just selective in your view

unbeaten in qualifying and then going and not winning a match is not good enough for me. I watched a lot of their games and they were horrific.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

unbeaten in qualifying and then going and not winning a match is not good enough for me. I watched a lot of their games and they were horrific.

Would that have been Pearces fault or the quality of players at his disposal when playing against better opposition.
Wonderwall

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Would that have been Pearces fault or the quality of players at his disposal when playing against better opposition.

If that's your stance, why would we credit him with the wins during qualifying against lesser opposition?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Slim wrote:
If that's your stance, why would we credit him with the wins during qualifying against lesser opposition?

depends on the level of opposition, he couldnt beat the likes of Spain but would have a good chance v Moldova. If you havent got the players, then you change the tactics, I dont remember the U21's getting battered at any time.
Wonderwall

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:

depends on the level of opposition, he couldnt beat the likes of Spain but would have a good chance v Moldova. If you havent got the players, then you change the tactics, I dont remember the U21's getting battered at any time.

So he did well against Moldova and poorly against Spain and somehow you think that one is down to the players not being good enough and the other is down to his tactics.

And you think other people are guilty of selective viewing?

BTW, City never got battered at home in the second half of the 06/07 season. Maybe not getting battered is something you can use to defend that as well, good luck.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:58 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:

So he did well against Moldova and poorly against Spain and somehow you think that one is down to the players not being good enough and the other is down to his tactics.

BTW, City never got battered at home in the second half of the 06/07 season. Maybe not getting battered is something you can use to defend that as well, good luck.

you work with the tools you are provided with. He had a crap team in 06/07 also.
He was 1 kick away from guiding us into europe. Or was that a fluke?
Wonderwall

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:

you work with the tools you are provided with. He had a crap team in 06/07 also.

That was Keegan's team and he didn't have a chance to Corradi it yet.

See? We can both play this game.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Sorry man i blame Pearce! Israel and Norway arent heavy hitters! I like Pearce as a person but he is one of the worse managers out there for me.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:11 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:

That was Keegan's team and he didn't have a chance to Corradi it yet.

So it was also keegans team the next season with no money to overhaul it as KK spent it all.

a good point you make.

Pearce was looking in bargain buckets not the top shelf
Wonderwall

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:That was Keegan's team and he didn't have a chance to Corradi it yet.

So it was also keegans team the next season with no money to overhaul it as KK spent it all.

a good point you make.

Pearce was looking in bargain buckets not the top shelf

Pearce spent nearly £10M the following season, which was a lot for us at the time.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Sorry to break up your spat but I'm getting a hazy recollection of a cracking volleyed goal scored by Corradi after a flicked header from Sam Harris or maybe it was the other way around, did I dream this or can anyone else recall it? Think it might have been against Portsmouth.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum