Psycho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Psycho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:09 am

Talk about reinventing the history. Nice guy, sure, but as a manager as clueless as they come. Tactically amazingly naive and football was some of the most horrible I've ever witnessed not only with City or in Premier League but in just about any level. Yeah, I'm a results man first and foremost but there's even limit to what I can bear. Would've probably rather been relegated tham witnessed that football.

And LOL at who compared situation with Pearce to Royle.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:01 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Talk about reinventing the history. Nice guy, sure, but as a manager as clueless as they come. Tactically amazingly naive and football was some of the most horrible I've ever witnessed not only with City or in Premier League but in just about any level. Yeah, I'm a results man first and foremost but there's even limit to what I can bear. Would've probably rather been relegated tham witnessed that football.

thank you!!! Someone who i agree with wholehearedly!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Benjay » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:29 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Talk about reinventing the history. Nice guy, sure, but as a manager as clueless as they come. Tactically amazingly naive and football was some of the most horrible I've ever witnessed not only with City or in Premier League but in just about any level. Yeah, I'm a results man first and foremost but there's even limit to what I can bear. Would've probably rather been relegated tham witnessed that football.

Agreed especially on last point. Pearce did well to keep us up but Royles feat in getting successive promotions with little money was far far far superior.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Benjay wrote:Psycho at the time was a pleasing appointment. He had the passion, grit and aggression that KK lacked towards the end of his management. It soon became apparant though that that passion, grit and aggression counted for nothing. It actually became annoying. Less time pacing up and down the touchline, more time being tactically astute. But he kept us up when Wardle had had enough and was refusing to bankroll the club anymore and for that we should be grateful. I dont think he will cut it at Forest but I hope I am wrong.

Strange times, we always seemed to be playing spuds, and Robbie Keane always seemed to be doing handstands in front of me. And it was always freezing. Selective memory, I suppose, although I went to every home game I don't remember much more about that season.
That is apart from Vass's peno against the scum, which I turned my back on, because I knew he was going to miss.
Still not seen it to this day.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby roblues » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:59 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Benjay wrote:Psycho at the time was a pleasing appointment. He had the passion, grit and aggression that KK lacked towards the end of his management. It soon became apparant though that that passion, grit and aggression counted for nothing. It actually became annoying. Less time pacing up and down the touchline, more time being tactically astute. But he kept us up when Wardle had had enough and was refusing to bankroll the club anymore and for that we should be grateful. I dont think he will cut it at Forest but I hope I am wrong.

Strange times, we always seemed to be playing spuds, and Robbie Keane always seemed to be doing handstands in front of me. And it was always freezing. Selective memory, I suppose, although I went to every home game I don't remember much more about that season.
That is apart from Vass's peno against the scum, which I turned my back on, because I knew he was going to miss.
Still not seen it to this day.

Some quality moments in that season, we beat Arsenal for what felt like the first time ever, Bernard knighted Sir Joey twice when we spaffed a third of our home goals quota in one game.....I guess when I said 'some' I meant two, and even they are debatable as the penalty decision against Arse was shite.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:10 pm

He's got a big ask at Forest. Thrashed again today. That said the worse they do between now and seasons end, the less the expectation will be. His blood and thunder approach might actually suit that division. It is dog eat dog there. Plus Forest have got a couple of tasty players and have been really unlucky with injuries this ladt few months
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Once Keegan's attacking flair wore off, we saw Pearce's City, which was the same as Pearce's Forest.

Win lose or draw, the England U21's are fucking miles better at playing football without him.

Poor bastards at Forest, having to wait to see what kind of shite he will serve up, rather than just having him there now, so they could sack him in time for next season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:23 pm

What was it again. 9 goals in 6 months?
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby s1ty m » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:44 am

MilnersJaw wrote:What was it again. 9 goals in 6 months?

10 at home all season. 29 in total in the league. It was horrible.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Esky » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 am

s1ty m wrote:

Got to agree with NQDP above, that really was spiritless, horrible football. Pragmatic, sure, and some seem to revel in the memory of how awful it was compared to the current 100+ season, but it was masochism to be waking at 2 or 4am every week to watch it.

He kept us up. The honeymoon until Fowler's penalty miss was great. He gave us Beanie. Wish him well at Forest, but it was a war of attrition that crushed me to a greater degree than any of the relegations ever did.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:51 am

Esky wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

Got to agree with NQDP above, that really was spiritless, horrible football. Pragmatic, sure, and some seem to revel in the memory of how awful it was compared to the current 100+ season, but it was masochism to be waking at 2 or 4am every week to watch it.

He kept us up. The honeymoon until Fowler's penalty miss was great. He gave us Beanie. Wish him well at Forest, but it was a war of attrition that crushed me to a greater degree than any of the relegations ever did.

I think the 'honeymoon' was down to the fact that Keegan's side was actually pretty good, great on its day, but Keegan himself had run out of ideas & motivational power. Pearce got them wound up to play again, but it was still Keegan's attack & it only lasted til the end of that season, then we saw Pearce's version of football, which was the same as Frank Clarke's.

I think the same happened in reverse at Arsenal. Wenger inherited the best defensive unit ever seen & stuck an attack on it. But so well put together was that unit, it survived for a generation & spread to some of the new players rather than taking six months to crumble. Now he has brought in Steve Bould to try & recreate it, because he can't.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:07 am

I've never forgiven Fowler for that pathetic penalty. In the end it didn't matter we flattered to deceive that season and we were headed down.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum