Thursdays B*l**x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursdays B*l**x

Postby Chinners » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:08 am

THE BOLLOX

The race for the title may be hotting up with another round of crucial fixtures this weekend, but why focus on that when you can have transfer gossip?
That seems to be the theme for this morning’s media anyway, with lots of speculation about possible summer deals doing the rounds.
First up, guess who’s back? Back again? Cavani’s back…
Oh yes, Edinson Cavani makes a return to the media round-up after being a regular visitor last summer.
Caught Offside report the Blues are interested in a summer swoop for the PSG man, who has made several comments recently to L’Equipe that haven’t denied the possibility of a move.
(Although they haven’t confirmed one either)
The report translates Cavani’s quotes as: “We’ll see at the end of the season. We have to finish the season first.
“I am in Paris, but there are certainly things we must talk about with the club, things should be done differently.”
The article adds: “Cavani is said to be unsettled in France though this hasn’t prevented him from scoring 21 goals in all competitions this term.”
If anyone needed a reminder that these rumours can end as quickly as they begin, Sports Mole are here to help. The website has translated a report in Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo suggesting City have already denied any reported interest in Barcelona defender Dani Alves.
The article reads: “The Brazilian international is still widely regarded as one of the best attacking full-backs in world football, but is approaching the final 12 months of his contract at the Camp Nou.
Recent reports had claimed that City were preparing a move at the end of the season, but Mundo Deportivo suggests that sources at the Premier League club have denied the interest.”
Short, and very much to the point.
Elsewhere, TalkSHIT via Tuttosport, claim that Napoli are set to try and prise Martin Demichelis away from Manchester.
The defender only arrived at the Etihad Stadium last summer, but Rafael Benitez has reportedly seen enough to convince him Martin is his man.
TalkSHIT explains: “Napoli are plotting a surprise summer raid on Manchester City for Martin Demichelis, according to Tuttosport.
“City are expected to splash out on a top-quality young centre-back this summer - Porto’s Eliaquim Mangala is their primary target - and that could mean error-prone Demichelis will be allowed to leave the Etihad.”
So error-prone he’s nominated for the March Etihad Player of the Month award…

Aguero: Man City have mentality to repeat 2012
Sergio Aguero believes Manchester City have the mentality to win the title race in the dying seconds of the season again, if required.
The Blues, who had Aguero to thank for famously snatching the trophy away from city rivals United in stoppage time of the 2011/12 campaign, currently lie third in the standings, four points off leaders Liverpool.
Manuel Pellegrini's men have two games in hand on the Merseysiders and visit Anfield on April 13, while the sides - the top two scorers in the division - have tantalisingly similar goal differences (City's 52 to the Reds' 49).
It's therefore conceivable that the season's finale could go all the way again and be settled by the slimmest of margins. And Aguero, speaking exclusively in the May 2014 issue of FourFourTwo, believes the Blues' previous experience of last day, last-gasp drama can only benefit them should lightning strike twice.
"It does [help City's mental readiness], but it's not just that game. The more you play, the more experienced you become," he says. "You must learn from your mistakes and not repeat them.
"Obviously no one expects to be level on points going into the last game of the season, but we know we have the mentality to repeat 2012."
The Argentine, who has still managed to score 15 Premier League goals in an injury-disrupted campaign, acknowledges that the two teams above them in the standings have been the best he's faced this season; with Chelsea the only side to take anything away from the Etihad Stadium.
But the destination of the title remains in City's hands should they win their remaining eight matches, and the 25-year-old is relishing the upcoming clash with Brendan Rodgers' table-toppers and fellow South American talisman Luis Suarez.
"Chelsea and Liverpool have been the best teams we've faced this season, " says Aguero. "Chelsea, both home and away, were tough matches, Liverpool were a good side, too, and the game at Anfield in April will be huge.
"Any game in the Premier League is difficult, especially away from home. It's all about doing things in the right way."

Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott, 31, will be offered a deal to join Turkish side Besiktas when his current contract expires at the end of the season. Sun

Italian side Napoli could make a bid for Manchester City's Martin Demichelis, 33, if the Premier League club decide to sell the Argentine defender this summer. Tuttosport

Man City could sell Spanish striker
Manchester City could sell Alvaro Negredo to clear way for a move for Paris Saint Germain striker Edinson Cavani, [football] direct news understands.
The Premier League side have been linked with a summer move for PSG striker Edinson Cavani after watching the Uruguayan striker on numerous occasions but it is understood that the Manchester based club would have to sell first.
Boss Manuel Pellegrini currently has Stevan Jovetic, Edin Dzeko, Alvaro Negredo and Sergio Aguero to select from in terms of goalscorers but it is likely that two or three of those will be sold as the Chilean coach looks to develop a Champions League contending squad.
Former Fiorentina man Jovetic is expected to be either sold or loaned back to Italy, whilst Dzeko's future is also in discussion, however, he has since refound his form and starts ahead of Spanish striker Alvaro Negredo.
That makes Negredo's situation un-steady at the Etihad stadium, despite signing last summer from Sevilla.
The 28-year-old has scored just nine times in the Premier League and the club are understood to be considering a summer sale.

City travel to Selhurst Park at the end of the month to face Crystal Palace as the season (and title race) draw to a close.
The Eagles are fighting to stay in the Premier League, but midfielder Stuart O’Keefe has warned it will not be straightforward for the Blues – or Liverpool, who also have to make the trip before the end of the season.
O’Keefe told the Croydon Advertiser: “We have still got City, Liverpool and Villa to come here.
“There is no reason why we can’t pick up points, especially as no one gave us a chance against Chelsea.
“Cardiff is massive and they are the ones you need to win. Anything you get from the big boys is a bonus.
“But I don’t think they’ll fancy coming down here after watching our performance on Saturday.
“I don’t think they’ll think it’s a given anyway.”
As Blues fans know, nothing in football is straightforward!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Manchester United hope that a £40m offer for Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos, 24, will be enough to tempt the Germany international away from the Bundesliga champions. Daily Mirror

Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, 21, is to announce next week whether his future lies at Chelsea or Atletico Madrid after spending this season on loan at the Spanish league leaders. Daily Express

Manchester United's French left-back Patrice Evra, 32, is still undecided about his future with the club and could make a return to Italy, where he played from 1998-2000, if he leaves in the summer. Daily Star

Manchester United and Manchester City have been put on alert after Barcelona's deal to sign Dinamo Zagreb's 17-year-old midfielder Alen Halilovic - dubbed the "new Lionel Messi" - was thrown into doubt by the Spanish champions' 14-month transfer ban. Daily Express

Newcastle will face a battle with Juventus to land Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette after the 22-year-old expressed his interest in a summer switch to the Serie A champions. Talkshit

Hamburg are set to sign on-loan Arsenal defender Johan Djourou, 27, on a permanent deal. Talkshit

Tottenham fans can expect quality over quantity from their summer transfers according to chairman Daniel Levy, who says they will concentrate on a few signings to "strengthen key positions". Metro

Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis is lining up a bid for Bournemouth's 22-year-old defender Steve Cook in the summer. Daily Mirror

Fulham are preparing to sack boss Felix Magath just six weeks after he was appointed because he has alienated players with his training methods. Daily Star

West Brom midfielder James Morrison, 27, was backed by team-mates after he allegedly punched forward Saido Berahino, 20, for giving the ball away in the build-up to Cardiff's late equaliser in the 3-3 draw last Saturday. Daily Mirror

Berahino has ruled out suing Morrison after being left with a nasty head wound. Sun

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 28, has denied he dived to get Bastian Schweinsteiger, 29, sent off during the Champions League quarter-final first leg with Bayern Munich at Old Trafford on Tuesday claiming the German had "gone in with his studs". Guardian

England's Champions League clubs all insist they have acted within Fifa's guidelines over the transfer of young players into English football after Barcelona were banned for two transfer windows for breaching rules relating to signing under-18 players. DSSC

Liverpool could face a Champions League group including Bayern Munich and Juventus next season as the five-time European Champions are languishing 32nd position in Uefa's co-efficient table after failure to qualify for the Champions League since 2009. Daily Telegraph

Hull City goalkeeper Allan McGregor, 31, is expected to leave hospital on Friday after five days under observation for kidney damage and three broken ribs. DSSC

Boca Junior president Daniel Angelici is confident former Manchester United and Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, 30, will return to the Argentine club after he leaves Italian giants Juventus. Tuttosport

Real Madrid are negotiating with Sevilla over Croatian midfielder Ivan Rakitic, 26, who already has an offer from Atletico Madrid. Marca

Bayern Munich are hopeful of retaining Mario Mandzukic, 27, for another season, despite rumours linking the Croatian forward with a move to Chelsea in summer. Bild

Standard Liege fans delayed the kick-off in the Belgian league play-off match against rivals Anderlecht with a toilet roll avalanche from the stands. DSSC

MORE BOLLOX SHORTLY
Last edited by Chinners on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursdays B*l**x

Postby Biamp » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:13 am

About time Arsenal get rid of Johan Djourou. Poor Fulham they are in a huge mess that will their third sack inside a year of the new ownership. Once they get relegated I can't see them getting promotion again.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby blue wine » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:07 am

im in love!!!! who is that?
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Chinners » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:33 am

blue wine wrote:im in love!!!! who is that?

Holly Erika Eriksson

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

https://www.keek.com/hollyeriksson1
Last edited by Chinners on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:47 am

She is MINT.
Original Dub

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:11 am

Ditto!! wow
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Original Dub wrote:She is MINT.

yeah not bad I suppose
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:08 pm

I honestly thought it was Jennifer Ellison
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby freshie » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:06 pm

craigmcfc wrote:I honestly thought it was Jennifer Ellison

So did I
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Twobob » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:13 pm

Holy mother of god
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:14 pm

ha ha I forgot its friday today, I read that and thought christ he's fickle
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:18 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:

Are you making a Cure joke?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:27 pm

freshie wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:I honestly thought it was Jennifer Ellison

So did I

Are either of you Andre Marriner by any chance?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:51 pm

Slim wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:

No, but he Loves Cats.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:

No, but he Loves Cats.

Only when he goes for The Walk in A Forest when he's High, but it's Never Enough. Like calling a Wrong Number and saying Let's Go To Bed, so you can get Close To Me, it will be Just Like Heaven In Between Days, Just Say Yes.

I think I've covered enough so this doesn't turn into a pun thread.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby twosips » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:09 pm

You're all easily pleased aren't you? She's attractive yeah, but pretty standard 'Zoo' (or sumat equally naff) fodder.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Twobob » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:21 pm

twosips wrote:You're all easily pleased aren't you? She's attractive yeah, but pretty standard 'Zoo' (or sumat equally naff) fodder.

Guilty as charged!
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:09 am

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:

No, but he Loves Cats.

Only when he goes for The Walk in A Forest when he's High, but it's Never Enough. Like calling a Wrong Number and saying Let's Go To Bed, so you can get Close To Me, it will be Just Like Heaven In Between Days, Just Say Yes.

I think I've covered enough so this doesn't turn into a pun thread.

Sorry but I need my play for today.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:27 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Sorry but I need my play for today.

Honestly sometimes with threads like these I've got nothing left but faith....

Cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum