Aguero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Aguero

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:21 am

A few stories doing the rounds today saying that Aguero wont be rushing his come back any time soon because he is worried about the World Cup. I hope this is just mischief making by those with an agenda.

It is my opinion that we really do need him at Klanfield in some capacity. For me he will be the difference in us becoming Champions or runners up this season. Maybe I am being selfish, but I think Club comes first. We pay his wages. I would not like to think that he might be recuperating, and taking his rehabilitation at a nice leisurely pace at City expense to prepare for the World Cup. A week Sunday will be a defining moment in our season. For me he simply has to play in that game. We cant keep relying on the bipolar Dzeko and out of form Negredo.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:28 am

“With this recovery I am trying to do my best to be able to play again, but I cannot do it in a hurry,” Agüero told DirecTV.

“I do think to myself if something happens now, I will lose the rest of the Premier League season and the World Cup.”
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:50 am

He wont be a factor for the Liverpool game as even if hes physically fit, he wont be match fit.

Better to look at having him for the Everton and Palace games at the end of April, and in the meantime Edin and Jovetic can hold the fort. As for Negredo - time for a missing persons report.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:20 pm

God we miss his pace. I'm surprised Jovetic wasn't given a run out against the Arse and I presume he will get some game time against Southampton. He offers something different to Dzeko and Negredo. Pellegrini said Sergio would be ready at the end of last week then that he would work over the weekend and then we would see. No word on whether he's working fully with the squad but the silence suggests no.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:10 pm

blues2win wrote:God we miss his pace. I'm surprised Jovetic wasn't given a run out against the Arse and I presume he will get some game time against Southampton. He offers something different to Dzeko and Negredo. Pellegrini said Sergio would be ready at the end of last week then that he would work over the weekend and then we would see. No word on whether he's working fully with the squad but the silence suggests no.

Bit surprised that this news came out via US satellite channel and not the club. We seem to have been better this season at managing messages but this one seems a bit out of kilter with that.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:21 pm

blues2win wrote:God we miss his pace. I'm surprised Jovetic wasn't given a run out against the Arse and I presume he will get some game time against Southampton. He offers something different to Dzeko and Negredo. Pellegrini said Sergio would be ready at the end of last week then that he would work over the weekend and then we would see. No word on whether he's working fully with the squad but the silence suggests no.

Not sure if he is as quick as Neggers but he is far the better footballer than him and dzeko. I hope he isn't another sick note la jack Rodwell.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 pm

We rushed him at Spuds, looked what happend.

We rushed him at Barcelona, looked what happend.

We beat those scousers without him. We can do it again. The Crippled is fit too, so we can manage without him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby ashton287 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:10 pm

Don't see us getting anything but spanked at anfield without him up front relieving the pressure.

No team is scared of dzeko or negredo or jovetic because they are all gash at the minute. We need to hold Liverpool from the from to control the middle and isolate their front 3. Only agueros pace will give them second thoughts, they will laugh if he is not on the team sheet then attack the fuck out of us knowing it takes us 4 minutes to get into their third.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Would love to see Aguero at Anfield. For me it's a risk worth taking if he's 75% fit. His name on teamsheet would cause palpitations in dippers defence. Zabbadabba was right in saying we are his employers after all and if selected should play as soon as possible. Never an easy decision as if he missed the World cup because of a relapse he could get very pissed off. He does seem to get fit quickly though and in an ideal world he'd be eased in gently, but we are not in an ideal world and there are many games left. Failure to beat Saints then dippers and we can kiss goodbye to league
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Twobob » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:51 pm

nottsblue wrote:Would love to see Aguero at Anfield. For me it's a risk worth taking if he's 75% fit. His name on teamsheet would cause palpitations in dippers defence. Zabbadabba was right in saying we are his employers after all and if selected should play as soon as possible. Never an easy decision as if he missed the World cup because of a relapse he could get very pissed off. He does seem to get fit quickly though and in an ideal world he'd be eased in gently, but we are not in an ideal world and there are many games left. Failure to beat Saints then dippers and we can kiss goodbye to league

I suspect we'll see him against the Dippers and he's not being rushed back with an eye on that game.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:Would love to see Aguero at Anfield. For me it's a risk worth taking if he's 75% fit. His name on teamsheet would cause palpitations in dippers defence. Zabbadabba was right in saying we are his employers after all and if selected should play as soon as possible. Never an easy decision as if he missed the World cup because of a relapse he could get very pissed off. He does seem to get fit quickly though and in an ideal world he'd be eased in gently, but we are not in an ideal world and there are many games left. Failure to beat Saints then dippers and we can kiss goodbye to league

His 45 minutes against Barca were probably him at 75% fit. Let's not do that again
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:11 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
His 45 minutes against Barca were probably him at 75% fit. Let's not do that again

I doubt he was at 75% v Barca. Probably 50% at best. Point is if we fuck up in next two games, Prems probably gone so it's worth the risk v dippers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:41 pm

PeterParker wrote:We rushed him at Spuds, looked what happend.

We rushed him at Barcelona, looked what happend.

We beat those scousers without him. We can do it again. The Crippled is fit too, so we can manage without him.

He was fucked in the Spuds game due to having to play 90 minutes against Watford in the FACup.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:50 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:

Not sure if he is as quick as Neggers but he is far the better footballer than him and dzeko. I hope he isn't another sick note la jack Rodwell.

Hope Jovetic isn't another sick note?

Interesting.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:59 am

I don't think any player should be on the pitch unless they're 100% fit or just a bit of match sharpness away from being 100% fit. Aguero did absolutely nothing agains Barca at 50-75% fit and aggravated his injury in the process.
I'd rather wait three weeks and have him on top form than risk him. We are more than capable of beating Liverpool without him if we play with passion and tempo, we have to boss the game, soak up the inevitable pressure and take our chances when they come. I don't care what anyone says they will be bricking it now that they're expected to win and that might just be their undoing, we've crossed the line recently so know how to do it.
In the meantime we need a big win against The Saints.......Come on !!!!
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:53 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:

Hope Jovetic isn't another sick note?

Interesting.

cheers

he's been injured for the majority of his first season, similar to rodwell.

have you got a point to make or you always a cunt.

cheers.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby feedthegreek » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:37 am

aguero apparantly in the squad for saturday, according to stuart brennan probably on the bench.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... rn-6911442
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Pellegrini said today that he won't be available this weekend, according to BBC:

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero will miss his side's meeting with Southampton tomorrow, but he could be fit to return for the Blues' potentially title-influencing match at Liverpool eight days later.

The Argentinean has missed four games with a hamstring problem, but City manager Manuel Pellegrini is happy with the state of his player's fitness.

"For this week it is too soon for him to start playing because he just worked two days, but next week against Liverpool he will not have any problems," said Pellegrini.

Centre-back Matija Nastasic, who has been out for two months with a knee problem, also remains on the sidelines.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:11 pm

Kun has "comeback" twice this season already.The first time he was instantly superb but the 2nd time he wasn't at it at all.This time they are being very careful.Better to have him for the last 6 or so than risk him now and only get a couple.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Agreed Doug but the fact that he won't get any game time tomorrow means he probably won't play a full match against the dippers. Heck of a sub though for the final 30 minutes of a tight match.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum