Aguero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:40 pm

ashton287 wrote:So many chance of him playing next Sunday?

I know he wouldn't be fit but without him I just can't see us getting anything there.

Has to play for me. A loss next week and its one big fucking mountain for us. The problem we may have is it is the World cup in couple of months and mentally Aguero may not be ready and if he isnt 100% focused there's no point in picking him. If he is 100% focused, a 75% fit Aguero has to play. We will need every boost we can. The dippers will have the whole fucking world behind them because of Hillsborough
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bayblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:07 pm

nottsblue wrote: Has to play for me. A loss next week and its one big fucking mountain for us. The problem we may have is it is the World cup in couple of months and mentally Aguero may not be ready and if he isnt 100% focused there's no point in picking him. If he is 100% focused, a 75% fit Aguero has to play. We will need every boost we can. The dippers will have the whole fucking world behind them because of Hillsborough

Would love him to play but feels like massive risk given recent history. Maybe we use our own mythology and bring him on as a 59th minute sub, like we did on his debut vs Rodger's Swansea.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:17 pm

Difficult to know how much an extra weeks training will do for his fitness. I'd love to play he and Jovetic because Negredo looks shot and Dzeko misses too many chances in a match where we may not get many. We also need to put maximum pressure up front on Gerrard and be very careful of Suarez trying to cheat his way to dangerous free kicks and penalties.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby bayblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:20 pm

blues2win wrote:Difficult to know how much an extra weeks training will do for his fitness. I'd love to play he and Jovetic because Negredo looks shot and Dzeko misses too many chances in a match where we may not get many. We also need to put maximum pressure up front on Gerrard and be very careful of Suarez trying to cheat his way to dangerous free kicks and penalties.
I agree re Dzeko; even though he's got 20 odd goals this year there's not been any against big teams, unless you count one v Spurs.
bayblue

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:26 pm

blues2win wrote:Difficult to know how much an extra weeks training will do for his fitness. I'd love to play he and Jovetic because Negredo looks shot and Dzeko misses too many chances in a match where we may not get many. We also need to put maximum pressure up front on Gerrard and be very careful of Suarez trying to cheat his way to dangerous free kicks and penalties.

I just don't understand how you can work out that those two should start the game. One injured for ages , the other one mysteriously not available for games.

Gerrards legs are shot, we need to pressure them up high in midfield.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:39 pm

For the reason I've given Dzeko misses a lot of easy chances and we can't afford that. Aguero could be fit to start next week and give us 60 minutes or he may only be fit for 30 I haven't a clue. I just think Negredo has no confidence and Dzeko is Dzeko . I expect Edin to start and I'l be delighted to be proved wrong obviously.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:46 pm

bayblue wrote: I agree re Dzeko; even though he's got 20 odd goals this year there's not been any against big teams, unless you count one v Spurs.

Yeah, United are no longer 'Big' .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby bayblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:47 pm

zuricity wrote: Yeah, United are no longer 'Big' .

Absolutely!
bayblue

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:29 pm

blues2win wrote:For the reason I've given Dzeko misses a lot of easy chances and we can't afford that. Aguero could be fit to start next week and give us 60 minutes or he may only be fit for 30 I haven't a clue. I just think Negredo has no confidence and Dzeko is Dzeko . I expect Edin to start and I'l be delighted to be proved wrong obviously.

I think Aguero would struggle to be effective having been out for so long. No game time at all and only a week or so training cannot allow him to be at his sharpest. I would start Jovetic up top for an hour and bring Sergio on then. Jojo has nt played much but has more training in him than Aguero.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Perfectly fair point. It's a judgement call based on how the Count sees him in training. I just hope Dzeko is clinical next Sunday and really works hard on his pressing game. I'm a little dubious that is all. I also think that Garcia should probably start to help out Fernandinho. I am concerned about MDM and Kompany being exposed to Suarez and Sturriidge running at them with very little midfield cover. We can't afford early yellow cards in these areas. Yaya always looks a real handful when he's released from defensive duties which he doesn't carry out very well.

These are very difficult judgement calls and I'm happy to be proved wrong. In the Count we trust!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Denis4583 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:58 pm

bayblue wrote:<null>
who scorde against real
Denis4583
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: Dzeko

Postby bayblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Denis4583 wrote:who scorde against real

Good point, meets the big club threshold......................shame it was 18 months ago though!
bayblue

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:41 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
he's been injured for the majority of his first season, similar to rodwell.

have you got a point to make or you always a cunt.

cheers.

I think you made my point, braniac.

Cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Mansour apparently met with him in person to convince him to stay amidst the constant rumours about Real Madrid
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:39 am

Other times Aguero has been injured he came back as if nothing had happened. Against Barca he got injured again in the first 3 minutes it turned out, so that doesn't really count. I got the impression that Aguero was fit last week but was being kept another week to get those hamstrings stretched - which is what the physios should be concentrating on - and saved for Liverpool's dodgy defence.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:52 am

phips wrote:Mansour apparently met with him in person to convince him to stay amidst the constant rumours about Real Madrid

Wow.

Is that an exclusive? Or just more of your press licking?
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 am

Original Dub wrote:
phips wrote:Mansour apparently met with him in person to convince him to stay amidst the constant rumours about Real Madrid

Wow.

Is that an exclusive? Or just more of your press licking?

Is 'tribal' still going?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
I think you made my point, braniac.

Cheers

You made no point as usual.

Ta
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby clevblue » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Aguero may be ready, may be not. Jovetic may be ready to start his city career with a bang, then again, maybe not. Pellegrini has to be trusted to make the right choices up front, that's about it really. I want to see Jovetic make a big statement. We can all see he's capable of it, so why not Sunday? I can't see Pellegrini starting anyone else but Edin
clevblue
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bleedBlue » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:04 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:A few stories doing the rounds today saying that Aguero wont be rushing his come back any time soon because he is worried about the World Cup. I hope this is just mischief making by those with an agenda.

It is my opinion that we really do need him at Klanfield in some capacity. For me he will be the difference in us becoming Champions or runners up this season. Maybe I am being selfish, but I think Club comes first. We pay his wages. I would not like to think that he might be recuperating, and taking his rehabilitation at a nice leisurely pace at City expense to prepare for the World Cup. A week Sunday will be a defining moment in our season. For me he simply has to play in that game. We cant keep relying on the bipolar Dzeko and out of form Negredo.

Really?..we played him against Barca and he was crap...clearly not fit .
bleedBlue
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Weiss, Nimely, Boyata, AJ

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum