Blatter, Platini and now Scudamore, all bell ends

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Blatter, Platini and now Scudamore, all bell ends

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:24 am

Manchester United troubles 'affect Premier League brand' Manchester United's troubled defence of their Premier League title is harming the English top flight's worldwide brand, says the competition's chief executive Richard Scudamore. Under new boss David Moyes, United are seventh in a disappointing campaign. The 20-time champions are 18 points adrift of leaders Chelsea. "It's a double-edged sword," said Scudamore. "When your most popular club isn't doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places." Former Everton manager Moyes has watched the Red Devils suffer 10 defeats in 31 league matches since he replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, who retired last summer after almost 27 years in charge. His team were knocked out of the FA Cup at the third-round stage before being eliminated from the Capital One Cup in the semi-finals. They have reached the Champions League quarter-finals, where they will face defending champions Bayern Munich next month. "There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again," added Scudamore. "But you have to balance that off against, generally, we're in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete." Overseas television deals will earn the Premier League more than £2bn between 2013 and 2016. The Premier League sold its domestic broadcasting rights to Sky and BT in a record-breaking deal, worth around £3bn, last year.

Interesting to see that only as an after thought he adds "generally" speaking the PL is a competition. Surely not......
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Franny Lee

Re: Blatter, Platini and now Scudamore, all bell ends

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:30 am

Evenmydoghatesunited wrote:Manchester United troubles 'affect Premier League brand' Manchester United's troubled defence of their Premier League title is harming the English top flight's worldwide brand, says the competition's chief executive Richard Scudamore. Under new boss David Moyes, United are seventh in a disappointing campaign. The 20-time champions are 18 points adrift of leaders Chelsea. "It's a double-edged sword," said Scudamore. "When your most popular club isn't doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places." Former Everton manager Moyes has watched the Red Devils suffer 10 defeats in 31 league matches since he replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, who retired last summer after almost 27 years in charge. His team were knocked out of the FA Cup at the third-round stage before being eliminated from the Capital One Cup in the semi-finals. They have reached the Champions League quarter-finals, where they will face defending champions Bayern Munich next month. "There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again," added Scudamore. "But you have to balance that off against, generally, we're in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete." Overseas television deals will earn the Premier League more than £2bn between 2013 and 2016. The Premier League sold its domestic broadcasting rights to Sky and BT in a record-breaking deal, worth around £3bn, last year.

Interesting to see that only as an after thought he adds "generally" speaking the PL is a competition. Surely not......

what a twat, so thre are more manure fans than all the other teams added together, however, the majority are crying into their sushi/poppadoms at their favourite clubs plight.

I wonder what ingenious idea he will come up with next to get the great team back as their main selling asset
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:42 am

It might all seem irritating/funny etc - but the concerning thing for me is that the money men in UeFA and PL will be happy if 'something could be done' to keep them involved in the big televised games.

That is why I was so concerned in some previous posts about them finishing 5th. It was because UeFA (through Gill) introduced a new FFPR regulation that would allow the scum (if in 5th) to challenge the CL inclusion of a Top 4 team that did not comply with FFPR - people scoff but the money men are very self-serving - and Gill introduced that regulation about November - just about the point where real concerns were expressed about the scum not qualifying - coincidence? . Thank fuck wee Davey looks like fucking even that up
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby aaron bond » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:53 am

Fans of United may dislike what's happening to them, but fans of the other 19 clubs are more than enjoying their demise.

Everyone I know anticipates their results each week to see how bad it is for them.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 am

Utter twat.

Worth a mention that our high ticket prices are due to FFP. Talk about that you pillock.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:30 am

"But you have to balance that off against, generally, we're in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete."

Maybe he should tell that to Bayern Munich and Platini!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:26 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:It might all seem irritating/funny etc - but the concerning thing for me is that the money men in UeFA and PL will be happy if 'something could be done' to keep them involved in the big televised games.

That is why I was so concerned in some previous posts about them finishing 5th. It was because UeFA (through Gill) introduced a new FFPR regulation that would allow the scum (if in 5th) to challenge the CL inclusion of a Top 4 team that did not comply with FFPR - people scoff but the money men are very self-serving - and Gill introduced that regulation about November - just about the point where real concerns were expressed about the scum not qualifying - coincidence? . Thank fuck wee Davey looks like fucking even that up

wouldnt put it past them at all. My guess is they'll lobby for a change to the CL qualifying similar to the system the dutch used ie 4th-7th plays off or the final place. Never underestimate how snidey conniving and greedy those cunts are.
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:32 pm

I won't get to involved in this as most of you know my thoughts on how the footy world revolves but once again, along with the recent ex-referee comments, the PL shows itself in it's true light. All those years where you wondered how this could be happening, the ref'ing decisions with the dodgy penalties and extra-extra Taggart time, and then 'Bammm', it all comes to the fore with a few chosen words.

Dodgy as fuck, always has been and the only reason they're doing so bad this season is that the powers that be have allowed them to drop, not giving them their normal peg-up. The question is, why?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Evenmydoghatesunited wrote:Manchester United troubles 'affect Premier League brand' Manchester United's troubled defence of their Premier League title is harming the English top flight's worldwide brand, says the competition's chief executive Richard Scudamore. Under new boss David Moyes, United are seventh in a disappointing campaign. The 20-time champions are 18 points adrift of leaders Chelsea. "It's a double-edged sword," said Scudamore. "When your most popular club isn't doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places." Former Everton manager Moyes has watched the Red Devils suffer 10 defeats in 31 league matches since he replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, who retired last summer after almost 27 years in charge. His team were knocked out of the FA Cup at the third-round stage before being eliminated from the Capital One Cup in the semi-finals. They have reached the Champions League quarter-finals, where they will face defending champions Bayern Munich next month. "There are lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again," added Scudamore. "But you have to balance that off against, generally, we're in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete." Overseas television deals will earn the Premier League more than £2bn between 2013 and 2016. The Premier League sold its domestic broadcasting rights to Sky and BT in a record-breaking deal, worth around £3bn, last year.

what a twat, so thre are more manure fans than all the other teams added together, however, the majority are crying into their sushi/poppadoms at their favourite clubs plight.

I wonder what ingenious idea he will come up with next to get the great team back as their main selling asset

I take it you didn't see the ref's performance in the Derby game?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Its comments like this which drive fans away in droves. Shame Scuadamore is too blind/up rags ass to see it.

The poster who suggested play offs might be brought in to help rags is bob on. If the rags go 3 years without champs league it will be a Uefa directive brought in across the board in all major leagues. Increased competition and excitement will be the excuse. The reason will be David Gill
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:54 pm

As always suspected.

Do not despair, we have broken the monopoly and have the best owners in the world who will run rings around UEFA.

Ha Ha Ha!
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Twobob » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Between the lot of these inbred guinea pig fuckers they have been trying to keep the scum in with a chance of CL football, already providing the scope for them to challenge teams in the top 4 for their financial status.

Lets see, Liverpool won the CL when they sat outside the top 4 - rules were changed to allow then back in the CL the season after. Didn't they come back from being behind as 'one of the greatest come backs ever'?

The scum have no chance of a CL place next season unless they win the CL - I'm putting a sneaky fiver on them getting past Bayern.

Who lines who's pockets? The scum are seen as their money spinners and a competition is obviously seen as an unwanted by-product, the Scouse are the next best thing, shall we expect every possible way to get them to the top if the league to be exploited by Scudamore's cronies? Were pockets lined once before to get the scouse back into the CL will the same thing happen for the scum?

Scum breeds scum and these lot are feltching each other in a cum caterpillar!
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:03 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:It might all seem irritating/funny etc - but the concerning thing for me is that the money men in UeFA and PL will be happy if 'something could be done' to keep them involved in the big televised games.

Absolutely correct. FA showing their true colours, and they're shit red.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 pm

Ref this rather old thread i dropped Scudamore a mail and he sent me this back, and think it reasonable so wanted to share it:

Thank you for your recent email regarding press articles that appeared with comments I made regarding Manchester United’s (MUFC) global appeal. I absolutely agree with you which is why I was so vexed that my comments were misreported. They were made to a South African journalist who asked whether MUFC’s loss of form would hurt the Premier League. I answered no straight away.

I did say that a sustained period of them not challenging for the title may lose them some fans, but then went on to say that from my experience they would be picked up by other successful clubs. I cited the example of Chelsea who had little international following in Asia or Africa ten years ago but now, due to three Premier League title successes, have big followings on these two continents.

It is still a mystery to me and my press colleague who witnessed the interview as to how the journalist in question managed to produce the article he did from my balanced comments. The original South African article was picked up by a number of UK newspapers and has of course now become a matter of fact and public record as they have no interest in correcting or balancing errors if it does not suit their narrative.

Rest assured, my position of being strictly neutral and only interested in the integrity of a league where the best team wins and the worst three are relegated will never alter. Thanks again for taking the trouble to write as your sentiments are understood and I could not agree with them more.

Best regards

Richard Scudamore
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:46 am

This is why I don't buy tabloid 'newspapers'.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ant london » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:38 am

Fair play to him for replying with that to be honest
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:54 am

Great reply as well.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:36 am

Trouble is with journalists is, as the saying goes, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:01 am

Problem is, journos are allowed to do what they want with no worries about the fallout. I hate journalists, pathetic profession.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:57 am

ant london wrote:Fair play to him for replying with that to be honest
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff