The Real Negredo.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Real Negredo.

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:06 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:If Aguero is back and with Jovetic coming back and Dzeko in better form I can't really see him getting on the pitch next week tbh.

Lucky to get on the coach. I cant see us naming 3 strikers on the bench. Jovetic and Aguero will be there.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby clevblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:43 am

Pellegrini will be well aware of Negredo's problem and I think he's got the best chance of getting his confidence back. It can't still be the shouldre injury, got to be psychological. Not just a case of getting his head out of his arse I'm afraid, not after 10 games or whatever, Pelle will have to pull it out for him. yuck. I still think it'll turn round, look at how he was scoring and working before that day. That can't just leave him and disappear
clevblue
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Grimble101 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:51 am

He just needs a goal then he will be back. Come on the beast
Grimble101
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Pablo

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:18 am

Grimble101 wrote:He just needs a goal then he will be back. Come on the beast

Amen Brother.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:19 pm

ant london wrote:
The real negredo = the new petrov?

I wondered when that would be asked!
But deffo not, my main problem with Petrov was that he was the biggest shithouse I have seen on a pitch, and you certainly couldn't level that accusation at Negredo.
I just wonder if he is a slightly more 'agricultural' style player than we first thought. Has he simply been worked out, or does playing with Aguero make anybody look better than they really are.
The touch and the intelligence in his play seem to have gone, it's very odd.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
But deffo not, my main problem with Petrov was that he was the biggest shithouse I have seen on a pitch, and you certainly couldn't level that accusation at Negredo.
I just wonder if he is a slightly more 'agricultural' style player than we first thought. Has he simply been worked out, or does playing with Aguero make anybody look better than they really are.

I honestly feel its a simple slump ( as we yanks love to say in Baseball terms).

Brilliant half year his first season here is more than most do....I can't fault him. But I don't want him in the lineup vs the dippers at all. And only on the bench if Kun is still unavailable.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
ant london wrote:
The real negredo = the new petrov?

I don't think he's the most gifted technically but he has flashes of brilliance, for example that pass with the outside of his left for Milner to score at Fulham, that turn on Dawson and the chip pass for Aguero to score against CSKA. He looks completely shot of confidence at the minute but I'm sure he'll find his form again.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bayblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:31 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote: I wondered when that would be asked! But deffo not, my main problem with Petrov was that he was the biggest shithouse I have seen on a pitch, and you certainly couldn't level that accusation at Negredo. I just wonder if he is a slightly more 'agricultural' style player than we first thought. Has he simply been worked out, or does playing with Aguero make anybody look better than they really are. The touch and the intelligence in his play seem to have gone, it's very odd.

I think lots of strikers are confidence players. Dzeko definitely is, but unlike Negredo his body language and attitude also makes him look like he can't be arsed. At least with Negredo you can empathise with his difficulties. I agree what you suggest re playing with Aguero and even though that might not happen in the next game it should do again before the end of the season.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
I don't think he's the most gifted technically but he has flashes of brilliance, for example that pass with the outside of his left for Milner to score at Fulham, that turn on Dawson and the chip pass for Aguero to score against CSKA. He looks completely shot of confidence at the minute but I'm sure he'll find his form again.

My favourite goal this season is still the one at West Ham that Aguero scored. A routine finish for Sergio, but the subtlety of the dummy that Negredo threw, ignoring the ball to his feet and letting it run was a touch of genius. Another moment like that looks light years away at the moment as he carthorses around the pitch.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:12 pm

I think defenders have worked him out and are pushing him on to his right early doors with which he's hopeless. Second, he's trying far too hard, like Rooney for England, for example. Third, he looked good yesterday for the first time for a while, and was far more direct and penetrating than Edin had been. I think he will come back.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:55 pm

What do you think about him getting the start tomorrow?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby roblues » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:What do you think about him getting the start tomorrow?

I like the idea. I think Dzeko knows that he has the manager's confidence for the big games and so being 'rested' here won't harm him, and Sergio looks like he still needs another half hour before he warms up.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Twobob » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:What do you think about him getting the start tomorrow?

He's got to break this drought he's been suffering from and the only way will be on the pitch - if he's going to score against anyone its Sunderland.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Twobob wrote:
He's got to break this drought he's been suffering from and the only way will be on the pitch - if he's going to score against anyone its Sunderland.

That's my thinking as well
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby dazby » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:16 am

He didn't even come close.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 am

dazby wrote:He didn't even come close.

but it was an amazing dummy for Fernandinho to score. great awareness
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:55 pm

I don't know how many of you saw this, it was a thew minutes before he was changed with Ed, Nasri put a ball in and Neggers was far off and got down on the ground. The camera moved, but on the corner of the tv, you could see him punching the ground with anger a thew times.

Pure passion. Imagine the frustration he has in him.

For that simple imagine, i can't say anything about him, he has a terrible form, but his time will come again, he gives all that he has and that is enough for me.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby phips » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:10 pm

PeterParker wrote:I don't know how many of you saw this, it was a thew minutes before he was changed with Ed, Nasri put a ball in and Neggers was far off and got down on the ground. The camera moved, but on the corner of the tv, you could see him punching the ground with anger a thew times.

Pure passion. Imagine the frustration he has in him.

For that simple imagine, i can't say anything about him, he has a terrible form, but his time will come again, he gives all that he has and that is enough for me.

i saw that too.

he clearly is a great player, as evidenced by his form early in the season. but its still his first season in a new league, with a new club, with new teammates, a new manager, new weather, new food, and a new language. he'll be better next season
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:14 pm

didn't score but showed real passion. some excellent hold up play, little flicks, the brilliant dummy for ferna, chasing down lost causes, aerial duels. far more creative than our other strikers, although you can see that jovetic has real potential.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:didn't score but showed real passion. some excellent hold up play, little flicks, the brilliant dummy for ferna, chasing down lost causes, aerial duels. far more creative than our other strikers, although you can see that jovetic has real potential.

I'll second that. Some promising moments , and the desire was clearly there. Lacking in confidence , perhaps, but not commitment.
Superb leave for the goal too. Far better value tonight that one or two passengers (who can leave in the summer).

We all know he has courage - his time will come again .
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum