The Real Negredo.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Real Negredo.

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:46 pm

The Beast has been piss poor for three months now. It started before his shoulder injury, and he has been back from that for some time now. I was prepared to accept it could have something to do with missing Aguero but yesterday he still looked lethargic and disinterested.
He did look the complete package for four months but more of a cart horse than a beast for the last three. Has it crossed anybody's mind that what we are seeing now is the real Negredo and the early form was atypical. He is a passenger game after game at the moment.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Re: The Real Negredo.

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:49 pm

His performance yesterday was as bad as I have seen from any striker we have had. Where is his wonderful touch gone? Worse thing about the injury with his shoulder is it was totally avoidable, we were 98nil up in a cup game with only a few minutes to go, sickening.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Dubciteh wrote:His performance yesterday was as bad as I have seen from any striker we have had. Where is his wonderful touch gone? Worse thing about the injury with his shoulder is it was totally avoidable, we were 98nil up in a cup game with only a few minutes to go, sickening.

Everybody talks of his shoulder injury as the turning point, but he was already playing poorly by then. Perhaps he has just been worked out. It often happens once Prem defences have seen you a few times.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:His performance yesterday was as bad as I have seen from any striker we have had. Where is his wonderful touch gone? Worse thing about the injury with his shoulder is it was totally avoidable, we were 98nil up in a cup game with only a few minutes to go, sickening.

Everybody talks of his shoulder injury as the turning point, but he was already playing poorly by then. Perhaps he has just been worked out. It often happens once Prem defences have seen you a few times.

My problem with him is his work rate. Used to track back and hassle defenders. These days just stands around as if he is something special. Needs a rocket up his arse that's for sure.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:12 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
My problem with him is his work rate. Used to track back and hassle defenders. These days just stands around as if he is something special. Needs a rocket up his arse that's for sure.

Bob on. If the service wasn't great he made things happen himself. It's as if he has started believing all the hype.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:18 pm

He just needs a goal.

#confidenceplayer
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:45 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

People are always willing to make excuses for some players as they are untouchable in the eyes of the fans.
Negredo is one, it's not to do with an injury, he's just playing crap. Glauber Berti would have given us more up front yesterday.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby aaron bond » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:50 pm

I was hoping starting as sub for the cup final last week would have kicked him into action, but it didn't seem to have an impact on his performance yesterday.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Twobob » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:51 pm

This is how I see it, may be wrong but He really shone when we where stretching the field and really using our width which created more space - now we seem to be trying to walk it through the middle and theres fuck all space.

Suspect confidence is a lot to do with it too - has the quality and skill as we've all seen and that will come back (i hope!)
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Twobob wrote:This is how I see it, may be wrong but He really shone when we where stretching the field and really using our width which created more space - now we seem to be trying to walk it through the middle and theres fuck all space.

Suspect confidence is a lot to do with it too - has the quality and skill as we've all seen and that will come back (i hope!)

Just before he went off, he 'challenged' for a header, like David Gower. It was fucking disgraceful.

Dzeko was like Duncan Ferguson compared to him, & it used to be the other way around. Earlier in the season, I said I thought we had found a cf like a modern day Joe Royle or Brian Kidd.

You could saw their fucking feet off & they could put in a better effort than Negredo v Wigan.

He needs to pull his fucking head out of his arse or just fuck off back where he came from.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:24 pm

At the moment he's our worst striker.
Dzeko may be missing everything but at least he's getting in the positions and getting involved and eventually they'll start dropping in.
Negredo has barely had a touch of the ball in the last month.

As I said until these two start to perform, it may not be the worst idea to try out a kid.
Sure they may struggle, but they couldn't do any worse than what we're doing up front at the moment.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:03 pm

All three strikers look pretty poor at the moment. They're all coming back from various injuries, but we need at least one to find some form very, very soon.

However, first half yesterday, there was virtually no service to them. How much is down to lack of effort up front and how much is down to lack of support and decent passes is hard to say, but as a team, we need to work it out. Chelsea's strikers are still shit, yet they're still scoring goals. Our goals are drying up which is making the defensive issues more of a problem
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:29 pm

had no doubt that BRF would have a field day with this thread and sure enough!! "our worst striker"? do me a favor. after 2+ years of pretending to be a footballer, dzeko shows no sign of relinquishing that "worst striker" title any time soon.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:had no doubt that BRF would have a field day with this thread and sure enough!! "our worst striker"? do me a favor. after 2+ years of pretending to be a footballer, dzeko shows no sign of relinquishing that "worst striker" title any time soon.

He was a lot better than Negredo I'm afraid.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:had no doubt that BRF would have a field day with this thread and sure enough!! "our worst striker"? do me a favor. after 2+ years of pretending to be a footballer, dzeko shows no sign of relinquishing that "worst striker" title any time soon.

Yes, at the moment he's our worst striker. He's been playing worse than Aguero, Dzeko and Jovetic (for the brief period he was fit)
At least Dzeko's getting involved, trying to score. How many chances has Negredo missed recently? Very few, because he's not getting into the positions at all.
Where is this wonderful work ethic and never say die attitude from Negredo? I'm certainly not seeing any of it. If anything Dzeko has been showing more desire to try and actually score, rather than being stood there with his hand down his pants as Negredo has been.
In his first 5 minutes yesterday was more involved and active then Negredo was in the previous 60.

The reality is there isn't a great deal of difference between Negredo and Dzeko. Neither are world class, neither are a patch on Kun, but both will score plenty and both are just going through a dry patch.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:29 pm

He was definitely our worst player yesterday, anonymous!

If he keeps that up he'll be getting the Dzeko treatment soon enough BRF, don't you worry.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby budfox » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Pistorius would have done a better job than Negredo did yesterday.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:All three strikers look pretty poor at the moment. They're all coming back from various injuries, but we need at least one to find some form very, very soon.

However, first half yesterday, there was virtually no service to them. How much is down to lack of effort up front and how much is down to lack of support and decent passes is hard to say, but as a team, we need to work it out. Chelsea's strikers are still shit, yet they're still scoring goals. Our goals are drying up which is making the defensive issues more of a problem

There was an occasion 1st half yesterday, when someone, maybe Clichy, was on the ball & Wigan had really fucked up. Their defence had lost concentration & left a gap which had Negredo, Aguero & possibly (unusually) Nasri all stood next to each other, onside, with no defender behind them.

None of them moved, asked for the ball or did anything, & the bloke on the ball didn't even notice them.

That's how fucking far away from being a decent team we were first half. And Negredo still managed to stand out as being extra shit.

I'm wondering what the reaction woul be if Adebayor was still at our place, turning in the exact same performances as Negredo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:56 pm

The mystery is when he does get to touch the ball he looks as if its the first time he's come across such a strange object....absolutely fecking weird.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:00 pm

budfox wrote:Pistorius would have done a better job than Negredo did yesterday.

Well at least he'd shoot.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum