Micah Richards

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Micah Richards

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
phips wrote:cant see Milner leaving. he said a few weeks ago he wants to stay and wants an extension...it could just be pandering though.

Milner unfortunately for him is good in a lot of positions, rather than excellent in one. He'll do a good job on either wing, defensive mdifield, attacking midfield, even fullback. He might even have a few excellent games in any of these positions but he doesn't consistently perform to a very high standard in any singular position.

He's a great squad player to have but I can't see him becoming a regular starter for us.

How can he perform consistently when he isn't picked consistently?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
phips wrote:cant see Milner leaving. he said a few weeks ago he wants to stay and wants an extension...it could just be pandering though.

Milner unfortunately for him is good in a lot of positions, rather than excellent in one. He'll do a good job on either wing, defensive mdifield, attacking midfield, even fullback. He might even have a few excellent games in any of these positions but he doesn't consistently perform to a very high standard in any singular position.

He's a great squad player to have but I can't see him becoming a regular starter for us.

How can he perform consistently when he isn't picked consistently?

He does sometimes get a run of games.
Who is he going to replace if everyone's fit? Nasri? No. Silva? No. Toure or Fernandinho? No.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:15 pm

You can't use his form as an excuse for him not being a regular and then ask who he is going to replace. You're flipping all over the place. And is Pellegrini would consider him for central midfield he would have had a number of games by now covering for injury. I bow to the Engineer's judgement though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Dameerto wrote:You can't use his form as an excuse for him not being a regular and then ask who he is going to replace. You're flipping all over the place. And is Pellegrini would consider him for central midfield he would have had a number of games by now covering for injury. I bow to the Engineer's judgement though.

He's good in a lot of positions but not good enough in any one to really make it his own on a permanent basis.
Good squad player.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Dameerto wrote:You can't use his form as an excuse for him not being a regular and then ask who he is going to replace. You're flipping all over the place. And is Pellegrini would consider him for central midfield he would have had a number of games by now covering for injury. I bow to the Engineer's judgement though.

He's good in a lot of positions but not good enough in any one to really make it his own on a permanent basis.
Good squad player.

I think the Bayern away form would be seen a lot more if he played more. I don't think the reason he isn't played more is that he is inconsistent.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PeterParker » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:21 pm

He might go in the summer and i am gutted about that, but i think this is his fault.

Beside that, i really dislike that we are linked with Dani Alves who will leave Spain in the summer.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby bigblue » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:31 pm

john@staustell wrote:Tricky job this mixing short-termism and long-termism.

Holistic
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:09 pm

PeterParker wrote:He might go in the summer and i am gutted about that, but i think this is his fault.

Beside that, i really dislike that we are linked with Dani Alves who will leave Spain in the summer.

Likewise.

Given Micah's injury problems and record, I think it's time for Milner to re-invent himself and slot in at right-back, where he would settle in quite quickly.

He'd also get far more game time than at present and save the Club spending a boatload of cash on some, soon to be, clapped out foreign individual.

We could also generate some useful funds by selling Micah to Stoke, where the Manager there seems to have a penchant for spending big on injury prone footballers (Roque Santa Cruz springs to mind).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Lee_R » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:27 pm

I remember it all changing for Micah when he decided he wanted to become a bit of a muscle man.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Lee_R wrote:I remember it all changing for Micah when he decided he wanted to become a bit of a muscle man.

I always said he looked like an NFL quarterback
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Two's Kompany » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Always been a fan of Richards, but I think the Watford game was a massive moment in his career at City as far as Pellegrini was concerned.
The fact he was taken off at half time with Rodwell says a lot.
However I think he might start tomorrow!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:14 am

MilnersJaw wrote:
Lee_R wrote:I remember it all changing for Micah when he decided he wanted to become a bit of a muscle man.

I always said he looked like an NFL quarterback

quarterback or linebacker?
The Original Special One

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby phips » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:24 pm

maybe we should sell him to Inter
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Tony P » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Not doing much, is he?
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby razor400 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:52 pm

phips wrote:maybe we should sell him to Inter

Or Fleetwood
razor400

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Blue Since 92 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:41 pm

Think we need to keep him off the pitch if we want rid in the summer. Another performance like his last few and we'd be lucky if we could give him away.
Blue Since 92
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: James Milner

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:05 pm

I would've preferred to see him playing at CB today instead of the ponytailed one. Couldn't have done much worse. He did have one shot which with a bit of luck could've gone in but it seems his luck (like City today) has ran out !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:07 pm

The lad just needs to stay fit for an extended period.
He's not become the player he threatened to when he broke through but he would still be a great squad player to have.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Dunnylad » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:The lad just needs to stay fit for an extended period. He's not become the player he threatened to when he broke through but he would still be a great squad player to have.
is he even a great squad player though? Surely a great squad player is Milner in that when he comes in he puts in a shift & you start wondering if you should see more of him, sadly something I haven't said about Richards for a couple of seasons now
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:13 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:The lad just needs to stay fit for an extended period. He's not become the player he threatened to when he broke through but he would still be a great squad player to have.
is he even a great squad player though? Surely a great squad player is Milner in that when he comes in he puts in a shift & you start wondering if you should see more of him, sadly something I haven't said about Richards for a couple of seasons now

I'd give him another season. If he can stay fit I'm confident he can be a big part of our plans. If he has another season of niggling injuries then we'd just have to show him the door.
Bridge'srightfoot

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum